Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 01:23 AM)
Illini getting f***ed big-time on this Fresno drive: s***ty personal foul call, s***ty false start, s***ty, s***ty, s***ty spot.

Fresno didn't come within a half yard of picking up that first down. Also, no major college team should ever play a game at Fresno St. That field is a f***ing joke. It makes the turf at Soldier Field look majestic and Ian Thomas almost certainly blew out his knee in large part because of that piece of s*** turf.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 01:36 AM)
Fresno didn't come within a half yard of picking up that first down. Also, no major college team should ever play a game at Fresno St. That field is a f***ing joke. It makes the turf at Soldier Field look majestic and Ian Thomas almost certainly blew out his knee in large part because of that piece of s*** turf.

Wow, that was a horrible spot and an even worse review. What's the point of instant replay if you still get the call wrong after review? And yes, that field is a piece of s***. Any D1 school that plays on a field that bad is a joke. I couldn't believe how bad of shape it was in.

Definitely have to feel bad for Ian Thomas. That looked pretty brutal.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
Also, no major college team should ever play a game at Fresno St. That field is a f***ing joke. It makes the turf at Soldier Field look majestic and Ian Thomas almost certainly blew out his knee in large part because of that piece of s*** turf.

I think it was actually his ankle that got f'd up. His foot got contorted in an awful way.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 01:03 AM)
The 4th down spot was bad enough that the Sportcenter anchor made fun of the officials for screwing it up.

That said, the 3rd down spot was in Illinois' favor.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 03:22 AM)
I think it was actually his ankle that got f'd up. His foot got contorted in an awful way.

That said, the 3rd down spot was in Illinois' favor.

I think you are right about the injury and shockingly there were some reports that he was walking around in the locker room after the game. The third down spot was in Illinois favor but even if you give Fresno a little bit extra on 3rd they still didn't pick up that 4th down. That back barely crossed the line of scrimmage.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 03:17 AM)
Oh my goodness! How does a lowly WAC team defeat a team from the mighty Big Ten?!?

Surely each and every team in the mighty Big Ten is head and shoulders above the lowly and pathetic WAC!

You are obviously being facetious, but Fresno State has a pro-style offense and produced the 12th pick in the draft this past year. Fresno has lost to 3 teams within the conference, but all 3 teams are currently ranked too (and they lost to Nevada by 1 point). Further, Illinois is a relatively mediocre football program who have had their bright spots along with their down periods. Beyond that, Illinois was playing on the road, in California, which is 2 time zones later than they are used to (which plays a huge difference). Beyond even that, there is a poster in here who is a referee/umpire backer that called into question the officiating.

Boise State would beat this Illinois team at home or on the road. I think they'd beat most teams in the Big 10. But then again, Fresno State has beaten most of the WAC, but haven't beaten any of the good teams within the conference, so WTF has that gotten them?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 03:17 AM)
Oh my goodness! How does a lowly WAC team defeat a team from the mighty Big Ten?!?

Surely each and every team in the mighty Big Ten is head and shoulders above the lowly and pathetic WAC!

The fact that Illinois (a lower tier Big 10 team) was able to compete with an upper tier MWC team actually proves the point most in this thread have been making. Fresno is considered one of the harder games a team like Boise or Nevada plays. Those teams should not be losing to Illinois at home, Illinois only won 1 true road game in the Big 10 at Penn state.

It just shows an average to below average Big 10 team is about as good as an above average MWC team.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Get it done South Carolina. Don't let that POS win.

I hope Auburn wins just to keep TCU out of the title game.

Then hopefully Oregon beats Auburn for the title and that can shut up SEC fans for a year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 12:40 PM)
The fact that Illinois (a lower tier Big 10 team) was able to compete with an upper tier MWC team actually proves the point most in this thread have been making. Fresno is considered one of the harder games a team like Boise or Nevada plays. Those teams should not be losing to Illinois at home, Illinois only won 1 true road game in the Big 10 at Penn state.

It just shows an average to below average Big 10 team is about as good as an above average MWC team.

Fresno finished 5-3 in the WAC where as Illinois finished 4-4 in the Big 10, so what your saying here just really isn't true.

Which top tier Big 10 team did Illinois beat?

I dont see OSU, MSU or Wisconsin. I doubt even Illinois fans would argue that Illinois is a National Championship contender, or deserves a shot at a National title.

Wasnt that the argument? Who deserves a chance to play to be the best team?

Fresno State has been one of the best WAC teams for a long time, and I believe they have the most wins against BCS teams of any non-BCS school. They definitely are one of the best non-BCS teams every year

TCU was also in the SWC and claims 2 shared national titles. If it wasnt for some shenanigans when the SWC broke up, it was likely TCU would have joined the Big 12 over Baylor.

They are in no way similar to Boise State or other "little guys". They are a program that once was in a bigger conference, who got bumped for 15 years and is now back in a big conference.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Which top tier Big 10 team did Illinois beat?

I dont see OSU, MSU or Wisconsin. I doubt even Illinois fans would argue that Illinois is a National Championship contender, or deserves a shot at a National title.

Wasnt that the argument? Who deserves a chance to play to be the best team?

Fresno State has been one of the best WAC teams for a long time, and I believe they have the most wins against BCS teams of any non-BCS school. They definitely are one of the best non-BCS teams every year

The argument was that the big 10 was so much better than the WAC that it skews stats and apparently everything else in the College Football world.

And what the hell does Fresno State's past have to do with last nights game?

I dont get the TCU love either.

What have they ever done in the past vs BCS teams? Sure they have won some games but each BCS team they've beaten finished with atleast 4 losses that year. The last two games vs Top 10 BCS opponents, TCU have lost by 25 and 21.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
I dont get the TCU love either.

What have they ever done in the past vs BCS teams? Sure they have won some games but each BCS team they've beaten finished with atleast 4 losses that year. The last two games vs Top 10 BCS opponents, TCU have lost by 25 and 21.

People love to cheer for the underdog. I won't watch the championship unless TCU is involved. I just find it boring and an inferior product to the NFL.