Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
I count what, 15+ guys who have made legitimate NFL impacts already there?

Well, with the amount of recruits that they bring in, to not have that many guys would be more surprising.

2002: 12 Four Star - Anthony Fasano, Derek Landri, Maurice Stovall

2003: 1 Five Star, 6 Four Star - Victor Abiamiri, Trevor Laws, Brady Quinn, John Sullivan, Tom Zbikowski

2004: 2 Four Star - No 4 star guys in NFL

2005: 2 Four Star - None

2006: 2 Five Star, 10 Four Star - Sam Young, Eric Olsen

2007: 1 Five Star, 13 Four Star - Jimmy Clausen, Golden Tate

2006-07 were the first recruit years for Weis.

Justin Tuck

Jerome Collins

Anthony Fasano

Maurice Stovall

Dan Stephenson

Brady Quinn

Victor Abiamiri

Ryan Harris

Derek Landri

Mike Richardson

Dan Santucci

Chinedum Ndukwe

John Carlson

Trevor Laws

Tom Zbikowski

John Sullivan

David Bruton

Jimmy Clausen

Eric Olsen

Golden Tate

Sam Young

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
The Bears could draft the entire Badgers O-line, and I would be cool with that.

If they don't get a good free agent OL or at least draft one in round 1, I will be severely upset.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:00 PM)
What kind of play call is that on the 2-point conversion?

Talk about outhinking yourself...

no s***.

TCU is beyond gassed and cant stop the run at all. So lets pass it!

Happy for the Horned Frogs...taking down the team that was probably playing the best ball towards the end of the season.

Hard to say though what would have happened a month ago, because of these ridiculous layoffs between the end of the regular season and the bowl games.

So is there going to be talk about how s***ty the Big 10 is by the national media? I mean it's easy and fun to pick on the Big East and ACC for being s***ty but lets talk about the Big 10.

Atleast the ACC has 2 wins over the SEC.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
Happy for the Horned Frogs...taking down the team that was probably playing the best ball towards the end of the season.

Hard to say though what would have happened a month ago, because of these ridiculous layoffs between the end of the regular season and the bowl games.

I think Wisconsin is very good and this is not intended to take away from TCU's win but people tend to overrate how well Wisconsin was playing at the end of the year. They scored a bunch of points against Michigan, NW, and Indiana who have 3 of the worst defenses in the country.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
Tolzien played a really bad game, as he showed no field vision and didn't handle the clock well at all.

He can't win you games, he is accurate and is fine when Wisconsin is running all over the field but if you need him to make plays you are in trouble.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
TCU just won the Rose Bowl, I never want to hear any of you ever say that small school can't hang with the big schools ever again.

That has never been my argument, I don't think you deserve a title shot playing the schedules Boise and TCU have played and I don't think Boise has the talent to play with the big boys over the course of a season. TCU might be a different story because they play in a much stronger conference than Boise, have more depth and are much more athletic top to bottom.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 1, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
So is there going to be talk about how s***ty the Big 10 is by the national media? I mean it's easy and fun to pick on the Big East and ACC for being s***ty but lets talk about the Big 10.

Atleast the ACC has 2 wins over the SEC.

the big 10 certainly took it on the chin today...but the national media has blasted the big 10 for the past 5 years, its not like their shortcomings have gone unnoticed as you seem to say