Scott Lee Cohen has some serious problems

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
Not for long. The Dems will find some way to force him off the ballot and hand place the guy they really want.

Can you blame them?

Anyway, how did this kinda stuff not get publicized until the guy won?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 12:56 PM)
Can you blame them?

Anyway, how did this kinda stuff not get publicized until the guy won?

Actually, it was, sort of. I recall listening to whoever it is on the morning on WLS-AM and they had him on the air a while back. It came up in their interview and he didn't deny it then. So it was out there, just the media on the whole chose not to make a big deal of it for some reason, Maybe they thought he wasn't a serious threat to win and didn't think it worth the effort? The guys who lost to him messed up not mentioning it either. I can see not mud slinging in a primary, but that is something pretty serious, and I don't think too many people would give you a bad rap for pointing that out.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Actually, it was, sort of. I recall listening to whoever it is on the morning on WLS-AM and they had him on the air a while back. It came up in their interview and he didn't deny it then. So it was out there, just the media on the whole chose not to make a big deal of it for some reason, Maybe they thought he wasn't a serious threat to win and didn't think it worth the effort? The guys who lost to him messed up not mentioning it either. I can see not mud slinging in a primary, but that is something pretty serious, and I don't think too many people would give you a bad rap for pointing that out.

"I disagree with my opponent's budgetary policies"

"My opponent beat up a hooker while on steroids".

I'd pay to see that debate.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
I loved his kids crying. They looked like they were 12. WTF are they crying about? Do they even know what's going on?

And did they do the presser at a bar?

Yes, during half-time of the Superbowl. I haven't watched the video yet, but my wife told me he looked boozed up and teary-eyed.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
I loved his kids crying. They looked like they were 12. WTF are they crying about? Do they even know what's going on?

And did they do the presser at a bar?

I really thought that was a sad commentary on him as a parent using his crying kid for sympathy. He's a pathetic person, and I'm not a republican. If I was, I sure would have loved him not to step down. He's looking to get some of his money back. Maybe he can pay off the rest of his delinquent taxes or his child support or his water bill when if he gets any back.

What you have to love is he has a fiance. I'm sure her family and friends are so happy for her.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
Who is he going to get his money back from? Did a political consulting firm guarantee that he wasn't an unelectable jerk?

He's hoping for some party fundraisers so he can re coup at least part of his "loan". I would think he's got some deal for something for dropping out. He could have held the entire Dem party in IL hostage.