Regarding the PTBNL's

Chisoxfn

I'd just like the mention the only reason they are named ptbnl is that you can't deal a minor league player that isn't on your 40 man roster until late December because Minor League Rosters are frozen.

That means that this guys could be real good prospects, they could be AAA and then again they could be terrible prospects in Rookie ball, but just cause its a ptbnl, it doesn't mean they stink, thats just the case during regular season trades.

Man, I can't wait for the Winter Meetings cause I think thats when the next deal goes down, the one that gets us our starter.

Originally posted by theoldroman

Neal Cotts is one. He is at A. Go to the As MLB board and read the thread "You guys got screwed" by me to see his stats.

f*** YEA NIEL COTTS IS AWESOME!!!! I actually had the opportunity to watch him pitch two years ago when he was in college, because he is a.......

PRODUCT OF ILLINOIS STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!

GO FORMER REDBIRD!!!! MAKE ME PROUD!!!!

He had decent numbers last year in A ball. I don't know if this guy is for sure in the deal, but from what I've heard he's one of the players.

He's a 22 year old lefty, turns 23 on March 25th.

12-6 with a 4.12 era.

He made 28 starts and pitched 137.2 innings of work.

Our ISU expert, Heather the Redbird will give an indepth scouting report when she's done with work.

I'm looking forward to reading it Heather

:D

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

He had decent numbers last year in A ball.  I don't know if this guy is for sure in the deal, but from what I've heard he's one of the players.

He's a 22 year old lefty, turns 23 on March 25th.

12-6 with a 4.12 era.

He made 28 starts and pitched 137.2 innings of work.

That's an average of about 5 innings a start...I hope that's because he's in A ball...because if not, then wouldn't he be another reliever??? We have enough of those. :(