Super Bowl XLIV

Who will win Super Bowl XLIV?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will will Super Bowl XLIV?

• New Orleans Saints
    • Indianapolis Colts

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
Not that I think The Who is not good music but ever since we saw Janet Jackson's nipple, it feels like it's too much to ask for to get an artist who's had a hit single since I was born (1982)

Prince, Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 5, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Rooting for the Saints, but I got money on the Colts on this one. So I'll probably "hope" the Colts win cause I don't wanna lose money, but I would not be mad if the Saints won.

I don't think I've ever been happier losing money. :lol: Very happy the Saints pulled off that win. Good game to watch (though it wasn't the offensive explosion I hoped for) but congrats to the Saints. Other than perhaps Belichick, no other coach would have the balls to pull off some of those decisions Sean Payton made. (especially the onside kick, which IMO, turned the whole complexion of the game around) Congrats to Pierre Thomas, Brees, Payton, etc...

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
I decided only earlier today to pull for the Saints. I'm glad they won. The commercials mostly were not memorable. I liked the Simpsons Coke commercial maybe the best. The Who were alright especially considering the age of Pete and Roger. I'm very nearly 60 and they're older than me...they gotta be close to 70. Considering the Who as a band were in their prime about 40 years ago...that was a pretty good performance.

Daltrey's older than my Dad, and my Dad is 64 going on 65.

This guy is pretty rough on Manning.

www.cbssports.com

Manning was caught up in such lunacy as well. Manning heard and believed too much of the talk that he would be anointed the greatest quarterback of all time if he won. At least, that's what I believe.

That talk officially ended with Super Bowl XLIV. Manning's career took a dramatic step backward with his horrible, 74-yard pick-six that changed the course of the Super Bowl and altered the trajectory of his legacy.

The greatest of all time? Nope. Not even close now. The GOAT doesn't throw that kind of awful interception. Joe Montana didn't throw those in the Super Bowl. Has Tom Brady?

Manning has one ring and a bushel of stats and records. He deserves accolades and praise, but the GOAT talk must stop now.

Now.

Manning and the Colts are the Atlanta Braves. The Colts, under Manning, have won at least 12 games seven years in a row. Yet all Manning has to show for it is one title. He's now 9-9 in the playoffs, which is about as far away from GOAT material as the Middle East is from the Colts' practice facility.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 12:08 AM)
I say Pink Floyd for Super Bowl 45! Who's with me? Well, I know it would be just Gilmour (whom I share a b'day with, awesome) and Mason, but that's good enough for me. Waters is a tool.

So long as weed is legalized and the half time show becomes two and a half hours long, I agree. Otherwise, I look towards someone like Pearl Jam to play it (and that's not just because I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan, that just seems like a logical developmental step).

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 02:15 AM)
This guy is pretty rough on Manning.

www.cbssports.com

ZOMG, MANNING MADE A POOR PASS. Manning is still easily the greatest QB of this generation, and, unless you want to argue Elway, Young, or Favre, one of the top 2 QBs of all-time (with Marino being the other...BUT HE NEVER WON A SUPER BOWL SO HE MUST f***ING SUCK god I hate that f***ing argument)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Not that I think The Who is not good music but ever since we saw Janet Jackson's nipple, it feels like it's too much to ask for to get an artist who's had a hit single since I was born (1982)

I'm struggling to figure out what aging rock stars they have left they haven't used. KISS comes to mind.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 09:44 AM)
I kind of agree with the Manning thing. If not for Rex throwing the big int and the Bears inability to stop the run, Peyton has nothing to show.

Bah, if the Bears had been able to stop the run the Colts probably wouldn't have kept running the ball. I will agree that if Harris and Brown had been 100% though that might have done it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
Bon Jovi. I would say the Eagles, but their music is way too mellow for a football halftime show

Next year the SB is in Dallas, so it will be a country act. THe year after it is in Indy and John Mellencamp seems like a logical choice as he is from there.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 09:34 AM)
Next year the SB is in Dallas, so it will be a country act. THe year after it is in Indy and John Mellencamp seems like a logical choice as he is from there.

I don't know if there is any correlation between location and acts. List of halftime acts

Edited by Leonard Zelig