1. 1. Who will will Super Bowl XLIV?

• New Orleans Saints
    • Indianapolis Colts

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
I really questioned Indy's play calling in the red zone on that last drive. A delay on third down? Are they out of their minds?

Did you by chance watch the game at Townsend Lounge A?

And agreed on that play, I had a feeling that call cost them the game and I was pretty much right.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Did you by chance watch the game at Townsend Lounge A?

And agreed on that play, I had a feeling that call cost them the game and I was pretty much right.

Haha, no. I watched in the lounge in the basement with some of my friends. We had the TV to ourselves.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
CarMax wins with their Dramatic commercials.

Those were dumb imo.

I thought Doritos came up with some good ones, the shock collar lol.

Bud Light didn't impress me one bit, they usually have the best ones, big surprise there for me.

Great win for the Saints and their city.

pretty textbook way on how to beat the zone cover 2 by the saints....pretty shocked the colts sat back and let brees find the soft spots in the zone...its the exact formula the colts used against the bears ....8-10 yard curls all day...colts D played againts the big play all game and brees was wise enough to give what the D took em

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Half the status updates in my Facebook news feed are females that are suddenly Saints fans probably because they have a crush on Reggie Bush and I bet some didn't even know New Orleans had a football team until last week... good for the Saints but I'm not pretending to be all excited. I'm not a Saints fan... you won't hear me jumping up screaming "who dat"

This.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
That was one of the better halftime shows in recent memory. Daltrey definitely didn't sound too into it, though. And The Who does not suck.

The Who put on a good show, I have not heard a lot of their stuff but they sounded good and the crowd seemed to be into it. One of the better shows in recent memory.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Another terrible year for commercials.

I thought the one with LeBron and Dwight Howard that was the new take on the Jordan/Bird commercials was pretty awesome, especially with the cameo by Bird at the end. That and "keep your hands off my mama"

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
I thought the one with LeBron and Dwight Howard that was the new take on the Jordan/Bird commercials was pretty awesome, especially with the cameo by Bird at the end. That and "keep your hands off my mama"

i really liked the simpsons coke commercial....

the commercials in general have such hype to live up to that they generally try wayyyy too hard to be funny and it comes off brutal...

oh and also....big props to CBS...seriously...they really could have just rammed horrendous attempts at tear jerky type Katrina stories down our throats all game, and could have given us millions of shots of Kim Kardashian, Kendra, Eli and Archie, and they actually kept it extremely bearable and limited

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
oh and also....big props to CBS...seriously...they really could have just rammed horrendous attempts at tear jerky type Katrina stories down our throats all game, and could have given us millions of shots of Kim Kardashian, Kendra, Eli and Archie, and they actually kept it extremely bearable and limited

CBS has always been the absolute best station when it comes to sports. Not only is the quality of their broadcast far superior to that of FOX, but their ability to cover the game itself and stick with that alone really sets them apart. I love watching sports on CBS.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 7, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
CBS has always been the absolute best station when it comes to sports. Not only is the quality of their broadcast far superior to that of FOX, but their ability to cover the game itself and stick with that alone really sets them apart. I love watching sports on CBS.

Fox overproduces the s*** out of everything. You can end up forgetting to watch the actual game sometimes.

Edited by lostfan

I decided only earlier today to pull for the Saints. I'm glad they won. The commercials mostly were not memorable. I liked the Simpsons Coke commercial maybe the best. The Who were alright especially considering the age of Pete and Roger. I'm very nearly 60 and they're older than me...they gotta be close to 70. Considering the Who as a band were in their prime about 40 years ago...that was a pretty good performance.