Super Bowl XLIV

Who will win Super Bowl XLIV?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will will Super Bowl XLIV?

• New Orleans Saints
    • Indianapolis Colts

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2082486:date=Feb 8, 2010 -> 09:34 AM:name=Athomeboy_2000)-->
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 09:34 AM)
<!--quotec-->Next year the SB is in Dallas, so it will be a country act. THe year after it is in Indy and John Mellencamp seems like a logical choice as he is from there.

I don't know if there is any correlation between location and acts. List of halftime acts

I looked up halftime shows yesterday during the game and the wiki showed Barry Manilow and Neil Sedaka doing next years. I googled Neil Sedaka and when I went back to the wiki it was gone. Lets hope it was a prank, because if thats real..they should just cancel halftime all together.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super..._halftime_shows

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 03:05 AM)
ZOMG, MANNING MADE A POOR PASS. Manning is still easily the greatest QB of this generation, and, unless you want to argue Elway, Young, or Favre, one of the top 2 QBs of all-time (with Marino being the other...BUT HE NEVER WON A SUPER BOWL SO HE MUST f***ING SUCK god I hate that f***ing argument)

Pssh, easily the greatest my ass. I hate Brady, but I'll take the guy with 3 rings in 4 tries versus a guy that consistently loses in the playoffs, despite nearly always having a first round bye and home field advantage. He's basically Favre, a guy that you want because he's a winner and makes nobodies into somebodies. But he's not the greatest because he didn't win when he had the opportunities to.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
Pssh, easily the greatest my ass. I hate Brady, but I'll take the guy with 3 rings in 4 tries versus a guy that consistently loses in the playoffs, despite nearly always having a first round bye and home field advantage. He's basically Favre, a guy that you want because he's a winner and makes nobodies into somebodies. But he's not the greatest because he didn't win when he had the opportunities to.

John Elway had zero super bowl wins and a long list of playoff losses when he was Manning's age, I believe.

It'll be interesting to see where the Colts go this offseason. They really can't afford to lose Brackett. But they've also had a number of young guys step up unexpectedly to fill positions that they now won't have to worry about for a long time. WR, DLine, Secondary. Esp. if Sanders gives they most of a season next year, they could easily be even better next year.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)

I'd say Brady's supporting cast greatly outweighs Peyton's. This is just dumb. So Peyton has on won one Super Bowl? He routinely takes teams that are probably .500 with another QB and wins 12 games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
I'd say Brady's supporting cast greatly outweighs Peyton's. This is just dumb. So Peyton has on won one Super Bowl? He routinely takes teams that are probably .500 with another QB and wins 12 games.

The first point is irrelevant. You play with what you're given. We're not talking about whether or not Manning is a great QB, he clearly is. But to say he is, without question, the best QB of his generation (let alone ever) is silly. Guys like Montana didn't LOSE Superbowls (or deep playoff runs) with their play. Manning has.

Again, he's clearly a GREAT QB, but I dunno how you can claim he's better than Brady at this point. 3 rings, 4 superbowls. 1 ring, 2 superbowls. Not comparable.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
In Super Bowl 36, he threw for a whopping 145 yards & the offense scored 13 points, while his defense scored on a pick-six and held one of the best offenses of the decade to 17 points and caused 3 TO's.

:notworthy

And moving into FG range against a soft zone defense is not really that impressive... Joe Montana actually had to throw TDs at least

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
Did you see Brady's last playoff game where his normally outstanding supporting cast and the well-oiled machine didn't pick up any slack?

What quarterback would win a game where their supporting cast does nothing? I don't care if your Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Brett Favre, John Elway, or Joe Montana. NO ONE is going to win a Super Bowl by themselves. Brady has a great playoff record and 3 rings. Manning is 9-9 and has one. Not to say that Manning won't go down as the better quarterback, but at this point I don't see how you can go against Brady all things considered.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
The first point is irrelevant. You play with what you're given. We're not talking about whether or not Manning is a great QB, he clearly is. But to say he is, without question, the best QB of his generation (let alone ever) is silly. Guys like Montana didn't LOSE Superbowls (or deep playoff runs) with their play. Manning has.

Again, he's clearly a GREAT QB, but I dunno how you can claim he's better than Brady at this point. 3 rings, 4 superbowls. 1 ring, 2 superbowls. Not comparable.

Counting rings when judging who it better is the stupidest argument I've ever seen. Basically with your logic I can say that Trent Dilfer is better then Dan Marino

Records are the last thing I look at when it comes to QBs. It's like wins for a pitcher. Yes, QB is by far the most important position on the field. But there are also a ton of variables that go into whether the team actually wins or loses. Like yesterday for instance, Manning's pick 6 hurt a lot and came at a horrible time but you really can't, and shouldn't, point to one play in ANY game and say "that's why Team X won/lost the game." Until that point he was pretty much flawless.

I saw Favre mentioned by the way... he's had 3, maybe 4 years straight where his last play of the season was an interception.

(1) We're talking about comparable QB's here, not a Trent Dilfer versus Marino situation. But whatever. I forgot in football the goal isn't to win a Superbowl.

(2) This is an argument about not claiming a guy with one superbowl ring and a .500 playoff record is the greatest of all time. GMAFB.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
The dumbest piece of sports writing ever.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/342457-...-was-dirty-pool

Note the site you read it on, and learn from your mistake.

Anywhere this article can get posted you don't need to bother returning to...

26 Year Old Non-Athlete Calls Out Ben Wallace

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
Note the site you read it on, and learn from your mistake.

Anywhere this article can get posted you don't need to bother returning to...

26 Year Old Non-Athlete Calls Out Ben Wallace

LOL at that Karl guy's comments.

Edited by bigruss22