Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC

chetkincaid

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
If Damon wants to play for the Sox at $6M he will. If he calls up Kenny and says he'll accept the deal KW won't tell him sorry no we already pulled it. If he takes Detroit's deal at $7M he would have taken theres anyways. This is all assuming these reported offers are correct. KW probably just got sick of Borass' antics said enough with it. If Damon really wants to play here and is willing to accept that offer he knows how to get a hold of KW.

Yeah thats what a real man would do.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
If Damon wants to play for the Sox at $6M he will. If he calls up Kenny and says he'll accept the deal KW won't tell him sorry no we already pulled it. If he takes Detroit's deal at $7M he would have taken theres anyways. This is all assuming these reported offers are correct. KW probably just got sick of Borass' antics said enough with it. If Damon really wants to play here and is willing to accept that offer he knows how to get a hold of KW.

After actually reading Levine's article (I have to go wash my hands), this was nothing more than a negotiating ploy by KW.

QUOTE (scenario @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
I think what probably happened was the Sox made their best offer, Boras went to the Tigers and got an offer, called the Sox and tried to leverage it into a higher counter-offer.

Boom...

The Sox being sick of Boras' s*** said "Sorry, we don't play that way. goodbye."

Over.

The sox increased their offer believing it would seal the deal. Instead of dealing in good faith, Boras saw it as an opportunity and came back to try and get even more. Kenny said F you.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
Scott motherf***ing Boras and his stupid ass tactics. Ugh.

couldnt have said it any better. Boras thinks Damon is in the prime of his career. Maybe Damon's ol' lady will set him straight and tell him that he better call KW up and accept the offer

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
After actually reading Levine's article (I have to go wash my hands), this was nothing more than a negotiating ploy by KW.

Pulling the offer at this point is more of a PR move than a tactical move. If Detroit won this over a million dollars he would of been flooded with calls of being cheap, etc, etc. Now he can bow out and say, look we gave money if he wants to come here he can.

I think Kenny is giving Ozzie enough rope to hang himself with this wanting the Marlins redux offense.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
And now we see why KW was smart to pull his offer. Now the Tigers feel no pressure to meet these demands. When they say "No" Damon can either take their $7M offer or have Boras tell the Sox that if they put their $6M back on the table he'll sign immediately.

It's also Kenny probably having enough of the Boras B.S. where everything turns into a soap opera. There is the possibility of Damon accepting a sox deal. But on the sox terms, not Boras'. The "new" demands by Boras shows he's a jag trying to screw teams out of every dollar, if Det. never offered a 2nd yr and the $7 mill. has a lot of deffered cash. The amount of misinformation--outright lies--coming from Boras has to drive teams crazy.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
It's also Kenny probably having enough of the Boras B.S. where everything turns into a soap opera. There is the possibility of Damon accepting a sox deal. But on the sox terms, not Boras'. The "new" demands by Boras shows he's a jag trying to screw teams out of every dollar, if Det. never offered a 2nd yr and the $7 mill. has a lot of deffered cash. The amount of misinformation--outright lies--coming from Boras has to drive teams crazy.

Boras has no morals whatsoever, the guy's like the African warlord of agents. This thing has been so damn messy that nobody's right anymore. None of us know anything.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
I'd rather have Dye

That bridge has been burned. I also think Ozzie would rather play Kotsay than him. I don't think Ozzie realizes that even though Jones and Kotsay look like they should be fast, they're not much quicker than Dye is on the bases.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
Blalock's still out there, but with being a Boras client, I can't see that happening.

Blalock would be such a gamble though. He looked terrible last year, is a major injury risk, and is only getting older. Too many question marks as it is.

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
I like what Kenny did-this is no big loss if they dont get him-leaving Yankee stadium he wont hit 24 HR combined the rest of his career. With him, we are still not good enuf-so let him go

The Cell is a better home-run hitting ballpark then Yankee Stadium. In fact, the Yankee Stadium home run park factor isn't even that remarkable.