Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC

chetkincaid

here's the things with sources, unless it's KW or JR themselves, certain sources in certain areas are going to hear certain things and not hear other things, that's why even very good sources are not 100% all the time. I appreciate the posters who come on here and share what they hear and would never expect them to be right 100% of the time. I can't think of one poster on here who has consistently shared a source who I have felt is making anything up.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
Quick...read my post on the silence that is going on right now. The Sox have had discussions and an offer is out their. The ball is in Damon's court and it doesn't sound like the Sox are going to increase anything.

However, the Sox are more optimistic than they were a week ago.

You bet, JR will not go back and forth with boras (speculation on my part). Hopefully its enough to get Damon in the fold and be comfortable. I truly think he is an ozzie type player and would solidify the lineup from the left hand side. IF you guys hear of anything and you can share keep us updated.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
What's offensive? That, or the comment about his source being Santa Claus? Or both? Because (again) in both situations I wasn't attacking Rock personally, I was saying his source isn't worth anything.

I think the offensive part would be the fact that you say his source does not exist. That would imply that he is either not being truthful about a source or that he hears sources that aren't really there (schizophrenia?) I appreciate both Kenny Hates Prospects and Rocks posts and I'm glad you both contribute. Rock has proven reliable and I think reading through past posts would convince anyone of that. If possible, I hope we can follow the wise words of 29th and Popular that I have quoted in my sig. Peace.

QUOTE(29andPoplar @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 03:19 PM) *

Not my business, and very respectfully to other posters but I would say the insults are about even up. Can we talk baseball please.

Edited by 103 mph screwball

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
What's offensive? That, or the comment about his source being Santa Claus? Or both? Because (again) in both situations I wasn't attacking Rock personally, I was saying his source isn't worth anything.

If you are going to make a statement like that, you probably should provide some solid evidence where he has been wrong. Otherwise you are pretty much just picking a pointless fight.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
If possible, I hope we can follow the wise words of 29th and Popular that I have quoted in my sig. Peace.

Ironically, 29and Poplar is JimH. I think that they're a split personality (29 is the nice one, JimH is the not-so-nice one).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
I will stick by any of our loyal posters with information. You have a problem with the sources of a guy that has been great at sharing info with all of us when he hasn't and I'll freaking always defend those guys.

I see how ripped to shreds the Chicago Media figures get when they report a rumor and it doesn't come true. You know why, because it is a rumor, talks are going on, it isn't that, oh the deal is done, etc. Plus, as someone that has talked and has contacts as well, I can tell you sometimes a source knows something, sometimes they don't, sometimes what they might hear could already be dead, you have no idea, but when you get the info, its nice to pass it along cause it actually gives you a better eye into what the Sox are looking at.

You going off on Rock doesn't make it easy for people with quality info and a proven track-record to go out and talk. We do an excellent job here of vouching rumors when they come out and if they start to look bogus they go.

Rock has been posting stuff from his contact for a long long time and a lot of that stuff has been spot on (doesn't mean always a deal goes down as Rock says, but later it comes out that the Sox did consider, XYZ, etc).

I AM SORRY ROCK RAINES FOR INSULTING YOUR SOURCE (caps because I'm shouting) AND I WILL NEVER EVER EVER QUESTION YOUR SOURCE AGAIN. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH, PLEASE CALL THE MOB BACK. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Size 7 text, bolded, italicized, underlined, capped, and there's even smileys in that s***. What more can I do?

Edit:

I DID NOT MEAN TO INSULT YOU EITHER BUT I DID. CLEARLY I'M A f***HEAD. MY INTERNET ASSHOLE HAS SEEN THE GIANT GRANITE DILDO OF SOXTALK AND I SHALL NEVER SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN. PLEASE DO NOT EVER LEAVE THIS SITE OR WITHHOLD INFORMATION FROM ANYONE HERE, EXCEPT ME BECAUSE I DESERVE IT. I'M NOT BEING SARCASTIC EITHER. MY VIRTUAL ASS IS BLEEDING. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Okay, that should make up for 103's post above, right? Right???

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (WCSox @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
Ironically, 29and Poplar is JimH. I think that they're a split personality (29 is the nice one, JimH is the not-so-nice one).

I didn't know that! I loved the wording he used to nicely say STFU and get back on topic. I hate it when fellow posters fight. It's like Mommy and Daddy fighting and I want to run away. Trolls are an exception. I like it when posters beat down a troll. It's been a while since there has been a good troll beat down. Mods are doing a good job getting them out of here quickly.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
Wow. I was away from my computer for an hour and I miss a fight, screaming, yelling, punching... No news, though? It doesn't help that it's Friday and I can't concentrate on work as it is.

Agreed. Ha, Rock got dissed, when he's been pretty much right on rumors/signings for like 2 years. Hilarious. :lol:

Anyone got an update yet? Didn't read the "whole" thread per say.... Doc? Rock? Jas?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
Agreed. Ha, Rock got dissed, when he's been pretty much right on rumors/signings for like 2 years. Hilarious. :lol:

Anyone got an update yet? Didn't read the "whole" thread per say.... Doc? Rock? Jas?

To sum up whats been said. A bit of talk, but really not too much new except the Sox still seem to be optimistic which is a good sign. Still a complete waiting game though.