Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC

chetkincaid

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why they would pull an offer. Obviously they would like to have him on the team. If the offer is what it is, then it's up to Damon to decide. The only way they would actually pull the offer would be if they had a trade or a different signing in the works. I don't see why they would pull the offer at this time.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
How many of us wasted countless hours reading this thread because of the excitement of possibly signing Johnny Damon? This sucks, what a waste of time.

nah, this thread was fun. I enjpy these types of threads. It actually stayed on topic for the most part from beginning until(if this is) the end

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
Thats what I think. He'd rather win his pissing contest than deal with Boras.

Well if thats the case, then its a stupid reason. Our offense needs all the help it can get and the division is close enough to pull out all stops to make things better. KW and Ozzie are really sticking their necks out this year because of this silly idea of group 4 playing DH.

"It became clear to us in our recent negotiations that the money that we were offering was not going to be good enough for Johnny at this time," White Sox general manager Kenny Williams told ESPNChicago.com. "At this particular point, we feel it's necessary to withdraw our offer."

The White Sox made a $6 million offer for Damon, according to major league sources.

Asked if the White Sox would get back into the running for Damon at some point, Williams said: "As you can see by the way that we kept going after this situation, we are very much interested in the player. All I can say is that I reiterate at this time that this offer for now is off the table."

Major league sources said that the White Sox would gladly get back into the negotiations for Damon if they saw more reality in the offer from agent Scott Boras.

The crux of the problem with Damon signing all along has been the assumption that there was a two-year deal on the table from the Detroit Tigers. According to sources, that two-year, $14 million deal has never been offered by Detroit.

According to another major league source, the Tigers have offered just a one-year, $7 million deal for Damon.

f***KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Edited by jphat007