Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And back to Hockey. They probably should try that route because right now Sidney Crosby(the most famous hockey player) is about as recognizable as Brad Miller.

The NHL is going to pick up a decent number of fans from this Olympics.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
The NHL is going to pick up a decent number of fans from this Olympics.

I'm not sure that's true. The Olympics were great and all but what about when someone that watched that goes to see your average NHL regular season game. That is a big step down.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
I'm confused as to who D-Mac is? Anyways, the only person on there that is as big a star as any of the top 5 in the NBA is Manning. Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Dwight, and Shaq are way bigger stars than anybody on that list other than Manning and possibly Brady or Favre. The NFL isn't really that good at marketing their Stars because nobody sees their faces when they play.

Well just because you only know ISU players doesnt mean the rest of the world doesnt know them. Not sure if it was you or someone else who said you judge it by who girls know, well every girl is in love with Reggie Bush, looks wise, and every girl knows Tony Romo if for nothing else because of Carrie Underwood/Jessica Simpson. Plus Brian Urlacher is well known by girls for dating Paris Hilton among other things, just because you arent aware of big stars doesnt mean they arent well known.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
Well just because you only know ISU players doesnt mean the rest of the world doesnt know them. Not sure if it was you or someone else who said you judge it by who girls know, well every girl is in love with Reggie Bush, looks wise, and every girl knows Tony Romo if for nothing else because of Carrie Underwood/Jessica Simpson. Plus Brian Urlacher is well known by girls for dating Paris Hilton among other things, just because you arent aware of big stars doesnt mean they arent well known.

I know NFL players. I'm saying the average person out there wouldn't recognize Adrian Peterson or hell even Drew Brees walking down the street. Not so with NBA stars because they are so visible with the endorsement work and there faces always being seen during games. It's not like I'm bashing NFL stars or something. I'm a fan of the NFL and know the players.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
I don't know if they can market the stars. They aren't on the ice enough to really market them plus they are wearing helmets and there is very little opportunity to get face shots of them.

It's probably better that way.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 08:31 AM)
I understand you Carl.. In my case, with Soccer, almost all my favorite players are from Spain, so during the World Cup and other international events, Spain is always my number one team to win the tournaments regardless of who they play (yes including the U.S.). But its not to say that i wouldnt get hyped if the U.S. beat Spain (which they have, fairly recently).

Ah s***, the World Cup is another issue. I root for Germany in that as well, but once again, not against the US.