Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Canada pulls out the victory in a shootout, the only goal by Crosby. At least the Swiss stole a point from them. What a game by Hiller.

Crosby was a good choice to the SO, but my next two choices would not be Toews and Getzlaf. Not with Nash and Thornton on the bench.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
Crosby was a good choice to the SO, but my next two choices would not be Toews and Getzlaf. Not with Nash and Thornton on the bench.

Toews has a pretty good shootout history and I think he chose Getzlaf due to his familiarty with Hiller. With that roster though, how the hell do you even choose?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)

McClellan doesn't even use Thornton on his own team. He'd be excellent in a pass-the-puck-into-the-net competition, however.

Toews and Getzlaf are pretty good finishers. There's no second guessing that.

Nash could have been used in the mix as well. But I'd probably let Crosby go 100 times in a row at that point.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 18, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
Toews vs. Kane.

When the Olympics started I had the same issue about who to root for cause of all the Hawks. Now that it has started, my rooting interests are pretty set.

#1 No injuries to Hossa, Keith, Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Kopecky (In that order)

#2 Go USA. f*** Canada

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Are all the women in Australia good looking? It sure seems like it when I watch the Olympics.

Eh, in the good parts of the country yes.

Bright is actually a Mormon though.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 01:59 AM)

Bright is actually a Mormon though.

I didn't even know they had Mormons in Australia.

Btw, OT, but a friend of mine asked me this interesting question today, and I guess it can go here since it relates to 2 of the 3 people mentioned. Best Chicago athlete born in 1988: Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, or Derrick Rose? (And off topic again, lets hope Jared Mitchell ends up in that question someday.)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 12:59 AM)

Oh your just a picky Aussie Andy. :D

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)
Btw, OT, but a friend of mine asked me this interesting question today, and I guess it can go here since it relates to 2 of the 3 people mentioned. Best Chicago athlete born in 1988: Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, or Derrick Rose? (And off topic again, lets hope Jared Mitchell ends up in that question someday.)

I'll just say this.. "athlete" and "player" are two different scenarios IMO. And in both cases.. I would still take Derrick Rose, though it is much closer as far as "player." (and honestly there really isn't a wrong answer, but as of right now and possibly the future.. Rose) As far as pure "athlete", its not even close.

It's bad enough people still compare Kane and Toews and they are on the same team.. :lol:

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 19, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
I didn't even know they had Mormons in Australia.

There's actually a Church of the Latter Day Saints about 5 mins down the road from me. You get Americans coming over on 2 year missionaries or whatever quite often actually. It ain't big at all in Oz though.

But Bright's based in Park City, Utah now, so I'm guessing that's how she got into it. That, and she's engaged to one.