Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
Jason Taylor to the Jets. They are just stacked this year, my early favorite to win the Superbowl.

Yeah the Jets are so scary, aside from the fact that Mark Sanchez defies science by sucking and blowing at the same time.. they added a worthless LT, Thomas Jones could have given them way more than Tomlinson.. Jason Taylor is their answer for their 2nd to last pass rush last year? Good luck.. Antonio Cromartie hasn't been good since 2007 and apparently comes with a lot of baggage..

I wouldn't be shocked if they started the year 1-4 with losses to Baltimore, New England, Miami, and Minnesota..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 08:07 PM)
Yeah the Jets are so scary, aside from the fact that Mark Sanchez defies science by sucking and blowing at the same time.. they added a worthless LT, Thomas Jones could have given them way more than Tomlinson.. Jason Taylor is their answer for their 2nd to last pass rush last year? Good luck.. Antonio Cromartie hasn't been good since 2007 and apparently comes with a lot of baggage..

I wouldn't be shocked if they started the year 1-4 with losses to Baltimore, New England, Miami, and Minnesota..

Miami actually looks really, really tough next year. I love Chad Henne.

I think the AFC East is going to be fun next year. I expect the Bills to finish in last place again, but atleast they look like they might be an exciting football team if they get a QB...though he's not the answer, Jason Campbell would be a great pickup for a team that has f***ing Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm as their QBs. Maybe trade a 4th round pick that can escalate to a 3rd or 2nd based on performance in next year's draft and then dump one of Edwards and Fitzpatrick. Or take another QB in the draft and dump both of them.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)

I think the AFC East is going to be fun next year. I expect the Bills to finish in last place again, but atleast they look like they might be an exciting football team if they get a QB...though he's not the answer, Jason Campbell would be a great pickup for a team that has f***ing Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm as their QBs. Maybe trade a 4th round pick that can escalate to a 3rd or 2nd based on performance in next year's draft and then dump one of Edwards and Fitzpatrick. Or take another QB in the draft and dump both of them.

I fully expect Miami to target an OLB with their first pick but im not gonna lie, I would be perfectly happy with them trading down and recouping a 2nd round pick.. maybe to Philly so they can take Earl Thomas, and Miami can grab maybe Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes..

I also wouldn't mind if they traded Ronnie Brown to Detroit for their 2nd round pick, which has been rumored but highly unlikely seeing that Brown hasn't even signed his tender yet..

Im not scared of the Jets at all, all they did was grab some names none of which have any holding power anymore especially with JT and Tomlinson.. and Cromartie hasn't done anything in years, maybe he could bounce back with the Jets.. Holmes was the only good addition and hes suspended 4 games and was basically kicked out of Pitt because of his problems.. Miami beat them twice last season with a very average team if that..

Adding Brandon Marshall just changes so much about this team, I mean Henne was throwing for 300 yards with very little WR help at the end of the season.. He now has a legit weapon to throw to, and it helps out an already very good running game.. Mike Nolan did wonders with that Denver defense last season, I expect the same with Miami this coming year..

Buffalo is going through the same thing that every team eventually has to do, Miami was in the same situation not too long ago.. hopefully for you wite they get that turned around quickly though because its tough as hell to suffer through..

Im also pumped Miami is playing Chicago on a Thursday night on NFL Network so I can watch them kick the Bears ass, it will be good to rub that into all your faces in the NFL thread..

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)

The Bills finally seem like they're committing to rebuilding through the draft under this regime, which is exactly what they need to do. Now they just need to stop horribly sucking in the draft.

I think Campbell could probably be had for a 5th.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
Steelers fans are FREAKING OUT because Ben has apparently been put on the trading block for a top 10 pick. One team is apparently interested, and I'm guessing it's Seattle or Oakland.

Oakland! Wouldn't that be perfect!

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
It could make sense for both sides. Oakland gives up the #8 pick and Nnamdi Asomugha for Ben.

and they could pay two of the largest quarterbacks in the league two of the largest contracts in the league

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
Steelers fans are FREAKING OUT because Ben has apparently been put on the trading block for a top 10 pick. One team is apparently interested, and I'm guessing it's Seattle or Oakland.

LOL, with that suspension I'm not sure I'd give up a first round pick for him.

I could see the Bills having interest as well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
"Guilty even if proven innocent"

Pretty funny when compared to the Ray Lewis, Albert Haynesworth, Michael Vick suspensions.

As for Ben's worth, he's a franchise QB entering his prime, locked up long-term with all of his bonus money already paid off by the Steelers.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)

Come on, the guy is a creepo who has now gotten away with sexually assaulting two women.. there has to be some kind of punishment

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)

He hasn't been proven innocent, not even close. There just wasn't enough there to prove without a reasonable doubt that he was guilty, and there is a big difference between the two. Such a scenario keeps him out of jail, but doesn't automatically excuse him from the wrath of his employer.

Anyways, the time between now and the top 10 picks of the draft tomorrow night is certainly very intriguing with this news, even moreso than it already was.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
He hasn't been proven innocent, not even close. There just wasn't enough there to prove without a reasonable doubt that he was guilty, and there is a big difference between the two. Such a scenario keeps him out of jail, but doesn't automatically excuse him from the wrath of his employer.

Anyways, the time between now and the top 10 picks of the draft tomorrow night is certainly very intriguing with this news, even moreso than it already was.

I don't doubt the guy is a big dirtbag, and the NFL can suspend whoever they want whenever they feel like it. I just find it funny that Goddell said it was simply based on "allegations", which never led to Big Ben being charged with a crime or even arrested.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:56 PM)
I don't doubt the guy is a big dirtbag, and the NFL can suspend whoever they want whenever they feel like it. I just find it funny that Goddell said it was simply based on "allegations", which never led to Big Ben being charged with a crime or even arrested.

Since he didn't actually get charged I didn't think it would go this far...but frankly, if that's the actual suspension, based on the content of the police report, I'm going to applaud.