Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
Right, and I do defend their right to do that. My complaint is that both sides talk out of their ass about this issue. They claim it's all about the fans and making the fans experience better, or the game better, or whatever, but it's not about that. If it was, tickets wouldn't be as expensive as they are (and wouldn't continue to rise).

Really? I may be a selective listener, but when I hear about the labor discussion, all I hear each side talk about is $$$$$$. I've never heard a player say this is about the fans, I only hear we want the percentage of revenue that we deserve. And the owners only want to keep their profits the same or increase them.

Considering how many games there are, I don't think Bears tickets are necessarily all that expensive either. Yeah Sox games are much cheaper, but there are 73 more of them each season so that makes a big difference. I would imagine that football tickets at big-time universities cost a similar amount for non-students.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Really? I may be a selective listener, but when I hear about the labor discussion, all I hear each side talk about is $$$$$$. I've never heard a player say this is about the fans, I only hear we want the percentage of revenue that we deserve. And the owners only want to keep their profits the same or increase them.

I've heard them say 1 thing about the fans...that the fans don't want 4 crappy preseason games and would be happier with an 18 game schedule.

They're right.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
I've heard them say 1 thing about the fans...that the fans don't want 4 crappy preseason games and would be happier with an 18 game schedule.

They're right.

why would they talk about the fans. They're about as relevant as "the children" in this discussion.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
For those who have facebook. I wish I had more money!! Pics from ay Cutler Foundation Charity Cruise.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?a...mp;id=604459688

eenie meenie miney moe

38068_486421989688_604459688_6504962_425

lol, I wonder how many of those girls "forgot" to take their birth control pills that morning.

He's doing a signing at TTS in Mokena tomorrow, too.

Speaking of which, a friend of mine tried to say he's the 4th best QB in this division? Really? Behind 2-win-60-QB-rating Matthew Stafford, too? No way. I think Cutler will have a better year in 2010 (26 TD's-17 INT's) and they'll end with 10 wins. From the sound of things, Forte looks fantastic.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 11:52 PM)

Speaking of which, a friend of mine tried to say he's the 4th best QB in this division? Really? Behind 2-win-60-QB-rating Matthew Stafford, too? No way. I think Cutler will have a better year in 2010 (26 TD's-17 INT's) and they'll end with 10 wins. From the sound of things, Forte looks fantastic.

Rotoworld cited a statistic that Forte ran for like 4.5 YPC with a lead blockers and like 2.6 YPC when he was a single back, so he better look fantastic if he wants to be effective this season.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 12:52 AM)

I saw a guy on ESPN Insider say Cutler and Martz are going to fail together (citing how Martz hasn't had a top 10 offense with the Rams, ignoring that Martz gets hired by teams who have s***ty offenses because they have s***ty offenses). He called Cutler the worst-ever free agent QB acquisition though. So I'm wondering why he thinks people should assume he knows what he's going to talk about.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
I saw a guy on ESPN Insider say Cutler and Martz are going to fail together (citing how Martz hasn't had a top 10 offense with the Rams, ignoring that Martz gets hired by teams who have s***ty offenses because they have s***ty offenses). He called Cutler the worst-ever free agent QB acquisition though. So I'm wondering why he thinks people should assume he knows what he's going to talk about.

Whoever that was is a moron, for his comments especially, and for the fact that he called him a free agent acquisition.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
For those who have facebook. I wish I had more money!! Pics from ay Cutler Foundation Charity Cruise.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?a...mp;id=604459688

eenie meenie miney moe

38068_486421989688_604459688_6504962_425

Ehh the hotties are fine, but all they want is his money. I like pretty ladies, but not if that's their motivation.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)
Ehh the hotties are fine, but all they want is his money. I like pretty ladies, but not if that's their motivation.

yeah i cant fathom chicks actually liking cutler for his personality...the guy smells of douche from a mile away

I tell you what, if you're trying to market the Titans in East Tennessee, this is probably as good of a way to do it as I can think of.

The Tennessee Titans have sued Southern California and its new coach Lane Kiffin after the school hired away Kennedy Pola.

Pola was hired as running backs coach of the Titans in January but left to become the Trojans offensive coordinator over the weekend. The lawsuit, filed Monday in Davidson County Chancery Court, claims that Kiffin "maliciously" interfered with Pola's contract with the NFL team in inducing him to leave.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
TO to the Bengals, one year, $2 mil, extra $2 mil in possible incentives

Ocho Cinco said they would be like Bonnie and Clyde but TO is Bonnie and then TO has already twittered that Robin should get ready because Batman is on his way.. I can already see this working out well

QUOTE (ICP! @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
Wow. I just got goosebumps after I thought about how fast it is going to be for when football season starts.

First preseason game is in 11 days!!

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Ocho Cinco said they would be like Bonnie and Clyde but TO is Bonnie and then TO has already twittered that Robin should get ready because Batman is on his way.. I can already see this working out well

It's going to be awesome.