Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Josh Freeman had a nice start tonight in the rainstorm in Miami. Went 4-4 53 yards and a TD. This is a 6-10 team at best but I like the overall direction the Bucs are going. Only thing that really bothers me is the lack of depth at QB. If Freeman goes down then the Bills will have a threat for the number 1 overall pick.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 15, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)
Josh Freeman had a nice start tonight in the rainstorm in Miami. Went 4-4 53 yards and a TD. This is a 6-10 team at best but I like the overall direction the Bucs are going. Only thing that really bothers me is the lack of depth at QB. If Freeman goes down then the Bills will have a threat for the number 1 overall pick.

The Dolphins won by the way, just throwing this out there since you didnt mention it. :D

ESPN is so bad right now, it's pathetic. The station and their network of outlets have absolutely no integrity. I'll submit case #8 million... today's front page of the NFL section.

4897415763_bce841dfa6_z.jpg

We get it. You f***ing love Tim Tebow. However, to definitively make such a statement after one pre-season game is clearly only pushing for internet hits and clicks vs displaying any sort of journalistic integrity. Orton had better watch out, because ESPN has a rooting interest in Tebow. Soon enough, Mark Schlereth will be calling for heads and demanding to see Tebow in as starter, simply because ESPN wants to talk about Tebow.

This is just one of many pathetic acts I've seen from ESPN lately (Lebronathon was the biggest joke ever). I don't know why I click on ESPN, but that is the last time it will happen.

Edited by Steve9347

It's funny because Tebow looked like s*** that game. ESPN won't let you think that though. The only thing he did to make his numbers look good was throwing dump off passes on the last drive when they were down more than one score (against people that won't even make the team). They don't show the ball that hit the LB's hands (should have been a pick 6), the other almost INT he had, or the fumbled snap. He takes forever to get rid of the ball still and makes bad decisions. Everyone that watched the game was tearing him apart.

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 06:16 PM)
It's funny because Tebow looked like s*** that game. ESPN won't let you think that though. The only thing he did to make his numbers look good was throwing dump off passes on the last drive when they were down more than one score (against people that won't even make the team). They don't show the ball that hit the LB's hands (should have been a pick 6), the other almost INT he had, or the fumbled snap. He takes forever to get rid of the ball still and makes bad decisions. Everyone that watched the game was tearing him apart.

See, I haven't paid much attention other than ESPN random commentary, and I'll I've read today is how great he looked.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Favre is back.

@Jay_Glazer - Brett Favre has told trio of vikings who came to persuade him to return that he is "back in" and is on plane back to minny now

good hope he gets smacked around and tarnishes the little of his legacy and shred of creditibility still left

QUOTE (lord chas @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
good hope he gets smacked around and tarnishes the little of his legacy and shred of creditibility still left

Say what now? Old man had one of his best seasons at age 40 last year. Dude's legacy only grew in my mind.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Say what now? Old man had one of his best seasons at age 40 last year. Dude's legacy only grew in my mind.

Seriously. Best QB rating, completion percentage, and Y/A in his career, and the fewest INTs he's ever thrown in a full season. It was probably the best season of his career. There were honestly times during the Packers years where I thought he was one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the game. And then he went and did that, and totally redeemed himself.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
Seriously. Best QB rating, completion percentage, and Y/A in his career, and the fewest INTs he's ever thrown in a full season. It was probably the best season of his career. There were honestly times during the Packers years where I thought he was one of the most overrated QBs in the history of the game. And then he went and did that, and totally redeemed himself.

His whole wishy-washy retirement shtick the last 5 years has gotten old, sure, but Favre is a pimp.

And let's be honest, all those Vikings games this year just got way more watchable.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)

true. i just think we will see the favre closer to his jets year than last year. either way the nfcn should be interesting

QUOTE (lord chas @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
true. i just think we will see the favre closer to his jets year than last year. either way the nfcn should be interesting

Disagreed. My mind barely even remembers injured Jets Favre. Last year is way more pronounced in my brain.

I think Favre is in the middle to be honest. He isn't near as bad as he was when he was with the Jets (or 05 GB) and he won't be near as good as he was with the Vikings last season. If he gives them even half of last year's numbers, I'm sure the Vikings will happily take that. I see a pattern though from Favre the last few years...

06- 56.0% Completion, 3,885 yards, 18-18 TD:INT

07- 66.5% Completion, 4,155 yards, 28-15 TD:INT

08- 65.7% Completion, 3,472 yards, 22-22 TD:INT

09- 68.4% Completion, 4,202 yards, 33-7 TD:INT

10- ???

He's had an average year followed by a good year the following season. So judging by that, I expect an average year for the 41 year old this comming season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)

His playing legacy is great and has only improved. It's his attention-whoring personality and legacy of being a d-bag drama queen thats getting worse every season. That only started a few seasons ago too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
His playing legacy is great and has only improved. It's his attention-whoring personality and legacy of being a d-bag drama queen thats getting worse every season. That only started a few seasons ago too.

I kinda disagree. We only started really understanding it a few years ago with the retiring/unretiring shenanigoats. There have been an awful lot of reports to come out of Green Bay about how he was really getting to be a primma donna there, especially in the last few years when they had a younger team around him. The best example I can give is the report that he basically wound up with his own private locker room at Lambeau so he didn't have to hang around the rest of the team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
I kinda disagree. We only started really understanding it a few years ago with the retiring/unretiring shenanigoats. There have been an awful lot of reports to come out of Green Bay about how he was really getting to be a primma donna there, especially in the last few years when they had a younger team around him. The best example I can give is the report that he basically wound up with his own private locker room at Lambeau so he didn't have to hang around the rest of the team.

I don't doubt that his primma donna days started up north. He's probably the most popular person in Green Bay's history, so I'm sure he did what he wanted up there. I meant more that he didn't show that side of him to the public until recently with his "retired/unretired/avoiding training camp" nonsense.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
I don't doubt that his primma donna days started up north. He's probably the most popular person in Green Bay's history, so I'm sure he did what he wanted up there. I meant more that he didn't show that side of him to the public until recently with his "retired/unretired/avoiding training camp" nonsense.

I doubt anyone would begrudge him the avoiding training camp part if he didn't fool around with the retirement part. No one seemed to mind when Michael Strahan won a super bowl after ditching training camp.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
I think Favre is in the middle to be honest. He isn't near as bad as he was when he was with the Jets (or 05 GB) and he won't be near as good as he was with the Vikings last season. If he gives them even half of last year's numbers, I'm sure the Vikings will happily take that. I see a pattern though from Favre the last few years...

06- 56.0% Completion, 3,885 yards, 18-18 TD:INT

07- 66.5% Completion, 4,155 yards, 28-15 TD:INT

08- 65.7% Completion, 3,472 yards, 22-22 TD:INT

09- 68.4% Completion, 4,202 yards, 33-7 TD:INT

10- ???

He's had an average year followed by a good year the following season. So judging by that, I expect an average year for the 41 year old this comming season.

Ahhhh...the Saberhagen Syndrome.