Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
Bears waive Iglesias....

If I'm the St. Louis Rams, I would be all over this. Nice young receiver for Bradford to throw to in the future especially since they just lost their best receiver (Donnie Avery) for the season. Wouldn't be surprised if Iglesias thrives somewhere else.

WR Juaquin Iglesias, DT Jarron Gilbert, LB Tim Shah, OT Josh Beekman, S Al Afalava, DB Cornelius Brown, QB Dan Lefevour, Woodny Turenne, Quentin Scott and Aaron Webster, linebackers Kevin Malast and Kelvin Smith, center Tim Walter, fullback Eddie Williams, wide reciever Freddie Barnes, and defensive end Mick Williams also were waived. Also, Tight end Richard Angulo's contract was terminated

There is a whole bunch of Angelo AND Smith fail in there. Lovie was a big fan of Afalava IIRC

Well that sucks. Lefevour (and Gilbert) has alot of upside. Maybe we'll still get one of them (more than likely Lefevour, I don't think Gilbert is eligible) and put em on the PS. I find it odd Beekman got cut too. But hey, our boy Rashied Davis gets to stay cause he's great at special teams and his fluke pre-season has Martz not quite know yet he has stone hands at WR!

Looks like Chris Harris is going to start at FS too, like he did a few years ago with us, even though he was moved to SS at Carolina and was much, much better there. God I hate this organization. Also does suck they don't know that Major Wright is by far their best option at FS right now sadly cause he got injured the first pre-season game. (and he was very good in that game) Martz will also learn not to listen to Lovie when Cutler is throwing more to Aromashodu as his #1, not Devin Hester. I do like him keeping a couple of those young OL men and Josh Moore though. Some interesting names were cut by other teams as well. (I know some people here liked Myron Rolle who was cut by the Titans and Larry Asante who was cut by the Browns. Second rounder James Hardy was cut by the Bills, Dolphins cut Pat White and Patrick Turner. I'm sure they will clear waivers though and join their PS)

Edited by J.Reedfan8

Cutting your top 2 picks from the previous draft is a major indictment on the organization. But if they honestly thought that Gilbert and Iglesias couldn't play. . . then I am glad that their draft status didn't save their jobs.

I have 0 faith in this front office/coaching staff.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 4, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
WR Juaquin Iglesias, DT Jarron Gilbert, LB Tim Shah, OT Josh Beekman, S Al Afalava, DB Cornelius Brown, QB Dan Lefevour, Woodny Turenne, Quentin Scott and Aaron Webster, linebackers Kevin Malast and Kelvin Smith, center Tim Walter, fullback Eddie Williams, wide reciever Freddie Barnes, and defensive end Mick Williams also were waived. Also, Tight end Richard Angulo's contract was terminated

There is a whole bunch of Angelo AND Smith fail in there. Lovie was a big fan of Afalava IIRC

That shows how awful Angelo is at drafting. I thought Al and Lefevour should've stayed, but apparently not.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 03:59 AM)
I really like Afalava, Shaw, LeFevour, Beekman, and Gilbert. Damn.

What exactly was there to like about Gilbert beside that he jumped out of a pool? We've been drafting trash for 5 years now. Angelo either needs to get fired or replace all of his scouts.

Bears got back seven players on PS.

Seven players who were waived by the Bears during final cuts Saturday were placed on the team’s eight-man practice squad Sunday.

The group includes wide receivers Juaquin Iglesias and Greg Mathews, fullback Eddie Williams, center/guard Edwin Williams, tackles James Marten and Levi Horn and defensive end Barry Turner.

LeFevour was claimed by the Bengals. (who have been snatching up guys he let go left and right it seems)

Shaw was claimed by the Titans.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 5, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Bears got back seven players on PS.

LeFevour was claimed by the Bengals. (who have been snatching up guys he let go left and right it seems)

Shaw was claimed by the Titans.

Gilbert by the Jets.