Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Sure and the record book also shows Galarraga didn't throw a perfect game when he clearly did.

LOL, yeah, I know. I agree that it is an awful rule. If somehow the Bears sneak in the playoff race though, it will count as a win.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
LOL, yeah, I know. I agree that it is an awful rule. If somehow the Bears sneak in the playoff race though, it will count as a win.

Sure and I will be happy about it at that time. But sure is hard to be happy about a win when frankly the other team scored a TD that should have won them the game that somehow wasn't rule a TD because of a ludicrous rule.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Sure and I will be happy about it at that time. But sure is hard to be happy about a win when frankly the other team scored a TD that should have won them the game that somehow wasn't rule a TD because of a ludicrous rule.

Had Lovie Smith just elected to kick the FG when we were on the 1, that wouldn't have even been an issue.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Had Lovie Smith just elected to kick the FG when we were on the 1, that wouldn't have even been an issue.

I could not understand that call for the life of me. Their offense was horribad. Also Chester Taylor > Forte on the goal line.

I was LOLing that I couldn't remember the season ever ending on a season opener. Terrible call to overturn the TD as well. Was way too nitpicky. Clearly a catch and touchdown.

ENJOY FIRST PLACE BOYS

GONNA BE A LONGLOLSEASON

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
@JOD9500 - Post game and Lovie still says he made the right move not going for the field goal. This guy is clueless!!!

He's just like Ozzie, even when Jim Thome is winning games for the Twins.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)

The funny thing is... people usually rip Lovie for not having any balls and always kicking FG when were down on the one/end zone, yet most of the time... that decision he should not be faulted on (come on your on the freaking one yard line). However, Stafford was not in the game, Detroit could not move the ball to get a first down since Stafford was in, and it was still about 6 minutes left in the game. I agree with nitetrain, I agree with his choice all in all and the Bears still won. If the Bears actually remembered Calvin Johnson needs triple coverage, maybe there wouldn't even be a cause for such a cheap win.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)
The funny thing is... people usually rip Lovie for not having any balls and always kicking FG when were down on the one/end zone, yet most of the time... that decision he should not be faulted on (come on your on the freaking one yard line). However, Stafford was not in the game, Detroit could not move the ball to get a first down since Stafford was in, and it was still about 6 minutes left in the game. I agree with nitetrain, I agree with his choice all in all and the Bears still won. If the Bears actually remembered Calvin Johnson needs triple coverage, maybe there wouldn't even be a cause for such a cheap win.

I know, except he picked a really bad time to prove otherwise.

It reminded me of two years ago, when we had the ball on the 1 in Minnesota and didn't score. The Vikings ended up getting a 97 yard touch down on the ensuing play. Thank god this was the Lions and not a better team.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:16 PM)

FWIW, from Brad Biggs' Twitter:

Huddled with Danieal Manning afterward. The call on the non-Calvin Johnson TD was cover 3, meaning he was free in middle of field.

What is amazing is Bears would risk Megatron 1-on-1 vs. Zack Bowman, who had battled cramps during the game.

Naturally, Bears went to cover 2 on next down and had help for Bowman on same play.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
I know, except he picked a really bad time to prove otherwise.

It reminded me of two years ago, when we had the ball on the 1 in Minnesota and didn't score. The Vikings ended up getting a 97 yard touch down on the ensuing play. Thank god this was the Lions and not a better team.

Nothing wrong with the 4th down call when the Bears had it on the goal line, although you would have thought they'd run it up the gut or try sneaking it. With how bad Detroit was offensively after Stafford was knocked out a safety seemed likely.

I'll say this about the Bears. Mike Martz in one game is 100000000000X better than Ron Turner. Not predictable in his play calls, utilizes Cutler (and his weapons) much better, and has a much better feel overall in a game. Nice to see the Bears actually have a legitimate offensive coordinator.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
I'm gonna say it now. Based on what I saw today, if the Bears can play a cleaner game next week, they might have a shot against the Cowboys next week.

I agree. As I mentioned before, the Bears definitely have the talent to beat some good teams. They also have the propensity for mistakes and turnovers that will make them lose the easy games too. It should be a very interesting season. The healthy LB crew definitely makes a difference though, as does #90 with the game changing play.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
I'll say this about the Bears. Mike Martz in one game is 100000000000X better than Ron Turner. Not predictable in his play calls, utilizes Cutler (and his weapons) much better, and has a much better feel overall in a game. Nice to see the Bears actually have a legitimate offensive coordinator.

Cosign X a million. It turns out that when your offensive line sucks, just keep running your QB away from the pocket. Loved it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 05:19 PM)
I agree. As I mentioned before, the Bears definitely have the talent to beat some good teams. They also have the propensity for mistakes and turnovers that will make them lose the easy games too. It should be a very interesting season. The healthy LB crew definitely makes a difference though, as does #90 with the game changing play.

Lol, we'll see how optimistic you are after the Cowboys game tonight. Even with the turnovers it is not like the Bears were moving the ball on a crappy Lions pass defense. The Lions are half the offensive team the Cowboys are.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
Lol, we'll see how optimistic you are after the Cowboys game tonight. Even with the turnovers it is not like the Bears were moving the ball on a crappy Lions pass defense. The Lions are half the offensive team the Cowboys are.

372 yards passing...I would call that moving the ball.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)

Forte and Olsen fumbles hurt them tremendously on drives. Cutler was obviously throwing the ball all over the field with little problems.

Also, Aromashadu cost them 9 points by himself. Cutler threw an absolutely perfect TD pass on the first drive that Devin dropped, and he also dropped the 2 point conversion. Cutler may of had 2 turnovers, but he looked a lot better than he did last year with Turner running things. If Omiyale didnt just give up blocking his guy than maybe Cutler has an extra second to throw the ball and he doesnt fumble it.