Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
I know, except he picked a really bad time to prove otherwise.

It reminded me of two years ago, when we had the ball on the 1 in Minnesota and didn't score. The Vikings ended up getting a 97 yard touch down on the ensuing play. Thank god this was the Lions and not a better team.

How was it a bad time? It's against the Lions as you say who are not a good team, there was tons of time in the game left, the Lions were not moving the ball and they were within 1 yard. If you say no to that, then obviously you're saying you have no confidence in your OLine. C'mon guys. Mad cas Lovie plays it conservative and mad cas Lovie shows some balls. Make up your damn minds.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
Lol, we'll see how optimistic you are after the Cowboys game tonight. Even with the turnovers it is not like the Bears were moving the ball on a crappy Lions pass defense. The Lions are half the offensive team the Cowboys are.

Totally. 463 offensive yards is nothing.

Referee explains why apparent Lions' TD nullified

Referee Gene Steratore spoke to a pool reporter after the Bears' 19-14 victory Sunday over the Lions, in response to questions about the ruling that overturned an apparent touchdown catch by Detroit's Calvin Johnson.

Q. What is the rule used on the near-Detroit touchdown at the end of the game?

A. The ruling is that in order for the catch to be completed he has got to maintain possession of the ball throughout the entire process of the catch.

Q, He was on his behind before he rolled over. If he stayed on his behind, would it have been a touchdown?

A. No. We don't play with the two feet or one knee or anything of that scenario. We're talking now about the process of the catch. He's catching the football; as he goes to the ground, he must maintain possession of the ball throughout the entire process. So as he continues to fall, if he fell with two feet and his elbow hit the ground and came out, it would be incomplete.

Q. It looked like he had the ball up in one hand while on his rear end, but there was continuation?

A. Well, the process was not finished until he finished that roll and the entire process of that catch.

Q. How long did it take to determine that?

A. We had the normal time as far as the video was concerned. We would not run it any longer.

I was actually pleasantly surprised today. Both sides of the ball played much better than I anticipated, although the O-line was a bit of a concern, as expected.

We did dominate on both sides of the ball though, and most games, we would have won easily with those performances.

I think as these guys get accustomed to playing one another, and Jay starts trusting Martz to not get him killed with his protection schemes, I think we'll see something really special on offense - more than we have ever really seen as Bears fans outside of short stretches while Erik Kramer and Rex Grossman were behind center.

I, for one, am excited by what I saw, despite the near loss, and am very much looking forward to next Sunday.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
I was actually pleasantly surprised today. Both sides of the ball played much better than I anticipated, although the O-line was a bit of a concern, as expected.

We did dominate on both sides of the ball though, and most games, we would have won easily with those performances.

I think as these guys get accustomed to playing one another, and Jay starts trusting Martz to not get him killed with his protection schemes, I think we'll see something really special on offense - more than we have ever really seen as Bears fans outside of short stretches while Erik Kramer and Rex Grossman were behind center.

I, for one, am excited by what I saw, despite the near loss, and am very much looking forward to next Sunday.

Frank Omiyale is still literally the worst player in the NFL.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
Frank Omiyale is still literally the worst player in the NFL.

And Williams is starting to look like a major disappointment, made all the more difficult to swallow when I hear Chris Collinsworth talk about how much a fixture Marc Columbo has been on the Cowboy's O-line.

But I think a lot of times today, especially after the strip from behind, Jay just didn't trust that the protection was there and started scrambling and/or throwing the ball earlier than necessary. Once he gets accustomed to playing under Martz, and when the O-line does gel a bit more, I think he'll improve.

Hopefully we can keep him from getting killed next week against DeMarcus Ware though.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 02:52 AM)
I think we'll see something really special on offense - more than we have ever really seen as Bears fans outside of short stretches while Erik Kramer and Rex Grossman were behind center.

The amount of times I've thought this in my life...sigh.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
Could be a double sour taste for the Lions. You lose the game in controversy and rumors are speculating Stafford is possibly done for the year.

Yeah, the latter makes the former really meaningless...seems like we have a knack for beating down Stafford.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)

We dominated on offense? Really? In the game today or are we talking about another one? We could have a 1000 yards on offense but since we still apparently can't score then it all doesn't mean s***.

And I'll admit the D looked good....except for when it all matters in the end when the game is on the line. I personally will not be fooled, this team is bad and we're hilariously lucky we get to start 1-3 instead of 0-4

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
We dominated on offense? Really? In the game today or are we talking about another one? We could have a 1000 yards on offense but since we still apparently can't score then it all doesn't mean s***.

And I'll admit the D looked good....except for when it all matters in the end when the game is on the line. I personally will not be fooled, this team is bad and we're hilariously lucky we get to start 1-3 instead of 0-4

Yes, we dominated on offense. It did not mean a lot today, but it shows that the offense is capable of moving the ball, and if they take care of it a little better, they will score points.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Sep 12, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
Lol, we'll see how optimistic you are after the Cowboys game tonight. Even with the turnovers it is not like the Bears were moving the ball on a crappy Lions pass defense. The Lions are half the offensive team the Cowboys are.

Yikes.

Bears have 463 yards on offense. Cowboys lose to the Skins after scoring 7 points.