Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 18, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
Ok, so with another coach, the Bears are a Super Bowl contender? They're a playoff contender? They can switch to a 3-4 scheme and they'll instantly be better? They haven't tried different offenses? The next coach is going to pick the "right" offense because he's smarter than Lovie, right? The offensive line is filled up and down with Pro Bowl talent? Their corners are flat speed studs who can cover anyone in the open field or hit them hard enough to fumble each time? Urlacher is not aging? The Bears have two semi studs and one huge stud as WR's?

The only wrong move Lovie is doing is not playing Major Wright and Chris Harris together at their natural positions.

But please, have the forum and prove me wrong.

I'm not convinced you're wrong...but so far the only point you've argued is that Lovie has one of the better winning %ages out of any Bears coach.

I'm not a Lovie hater...but you went farther than that and said he's one of the better coaches in the league. I hear lots of people bash Lovie and in some cases (kick the damn field goal!) I can see why.

Can you give me more than just winning %age to argue otherwise?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How can you cite winning percentage as credit to Lovie and blame Angelo for Lovie's failings (truthfully, it's both) when Angelo was around for the whole period too? If Lovie needs his "horses" to win, didn't the GM give him most of those horses when he was winning?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
I never thought anything would make appreciate lovie smith, but watching that meatball act by mike singletary was truly embarassing. God, please keep this guy away from Halas hall. Dick Jauron was right, keep him away.

Bears fans LOVE that meathead s***.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
Very true. This interview has shades of Ditka. I wonder if I would hated Ditka had I been alive to see him act like this.

A guy wrote in some comments that he wants Lovie to be like this. I said I disagree, what's the difference between Lovie's sugar-coating bulls*** and refusing to acknowledge problems and this meathead rant where he refused to acknowledge problems. Lovie Smith could dress in drag and sing Lady Gaga on the sidelines for all I give a f*** if the Bears are winning games.

Scouting and development, discipline, careful game planning, and execution will get you at least 10-11 wins every year, not ya guy who gets pissed off and yells at players and reporters. After 2006, the Bears might have 2 of those 4 things at any given time.

Score fans that get on the air want every 1985 Bear on the coaching staff everytime they call in. No regards to preperation, experience in coaching, time put in. If you were in the 1985 Superbowl then you can coach anybody.

And they all want the 46 defense to be installed immediately as well, and that is why letting Riviera go was such a sin.

I was talking to a guy whose gripe about getting Rivera was entirely related to the fact that he was on the '85 squad. Nevermind Rivera's vanilla blitz packages that were unreliable for generating pressure or anything, nevermind that Rivera wasn't going to be able to make fillet mignon out of some moldy bacon and a turd, nevermind that he didn't make in-game adjustments to his game planning... nope we dissed him, we shoulda kept him cuz he was on the '85 squad

I understand that Singletary came off like an idiot there, but now he can't coach because he acts like a douche to a member of the local media?

Not buying it.

Just as it is ignorant for Singletary to behave the way he did, do you guys really think judging a guy's coaching ability from the media clips you see is any less ignorant?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 19, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
I understand that Singletary came off like an idiot there, but now he can't coach because he acts like a douche to a member of the local media?

Not buying it.

Just as it is ignorant for Singletary to behave the way he did, do you guys really think judging a guy's coaching ability from the media clips you see is any less ignorant?

People use that as a major argue point for Ozzie, i don't see anything wrong with it. :unsure:

And how bout dem Bears huh???? Offense looking fantastic against a real team, imagine that.