Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)
Bah, I'd be saying the exact same thing if I were in Buffalo and a competent GM. You insist you're happy with the guy and you don't need to trade him up until the moment he's gone. Tipping your hand is silly.

Of course...an incompetent GM could also say the same thing...if he actually meant it.

It's probably a bit of both, but it seems so much like it's the latter. This is an organization that had glaring holes both on offense and defense but actually had a decent duo of running backs, and then took a running back with their first round pick. They quite clearly had no good option at QB and 3 mediocre options at the very best, and didn't take a QB in the draft until the 7th round (and subsequently cut him). I don't think anyone in the organization has a clue right now. For whatever reason, they didn't want to give Shanahan GM duties when it seemed as though that was the only thing holding him back from coming to Buffalo. If they have Shanahan as the coach instead of Chan Gailey, it's entirely possible that Donovan McNabb would have been more receptive to Buffalo in that scenario, and at that point they can try to address the OLine issue with the #9 pick or trade down (and there probably would have been interest in that pick considering picks 11-13 were all traded on draft day) to try and get more help overall.

A lot of that is hindsight and conjecture, but the Bills just seemingly keep making bad decision after bad decision, and it's really no wonder why they are viewed as the current laughingstock of the league.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 06:24 PM)
It's probably a bit of both, but it seems so much like it's the latter. This is an organization that had glaring holes both on offense and defense but actually had a decent duo of running backs, and then took a running back with their first round pick. They quite clearly had no good option at QB and 3 mediocre options at the very best, and didn't take a QB in the draft until the 7th round (and subsequently cut him). I don't think anyone in the organization has a clue right now. For whatever reason, they didn't want to give Shanahan GM duties when it seemed as though that was the only thing holding him back from coming to Buffalo. If they have Shanahan as the coach instead of Chan Gailey, it's entirely possible that Donovan McNabb would have been more receptive to Buffalo in that scenario, and at that point they can try to address the OLine issue with the #9 pick or trade down (and there probably would have been interest in that pick considering picks 11-13 were all traded on draft day) to try and get more help overall.

A lot of that is hindsight and conjecture, but the Bills just seemingly keep making bad decision after bad decision, and it's really no wonder why they are viewed as the current laughingstock of the league.

Completely agreed. How far are they from their glory years in the 90's. How far they are from the early decade Bills with Drew Bledsoe, Peerless Price, etc. They're just flat garbage these days. And it's because no one has a sense of direction.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Boy he is very lucky he only broke it. I thought for sure he had torn ligaments watching that play. Horrible year for Bush after the Super Bowl. Lost his hot girlfriend, got his Heisman taken away and now has a broken fibula.

Eh, he brought it on himself. Maybe it's all happening because of his ex-gf. Kaardashians work as good luck charms to the men they're married to. Lamar = Championship. Reggie = championship. Then Reggie broke up with Kim because he wanted to be able to cheat on her without it being high profile and she wanted to get married, which he doesn't want to do. Then he gets the Heisman taken away because he took money, then the broken fibula on his own dropped punt.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)

Bah...once you got to pick 10 this year...the real franchise quarterback in the draft was gone. At that point you're picking between over-drafting on Tebow, Over-drafting on Claussen, etc. I don't think any of those guys would have worked out better than Edwards in the long term.

If you want to complain about them taking a RB instead of a position where there was still likely quality available...you complain about their O-Line. They've built a decently talented defense especially in the secondary, they've coached their defense well...I think Edwards is probably a better QB than what he's showed in his career there...but their O-line makes the Bears look built.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)
Bah...once you got to pick 10 this year...the real franchise quarterback in the draft was gone. At that point you're picking between over-drafting on Tebow, Over-drafting on Claussen, etc. I don't think any of those guys would have worked out better than Edwards in the long term.

If you want to complain about them taking a RB instead of a position where there was still likely quality available...you complain about their O-Line. They've built a decently talented defense especially in the secondary, they've coached their defense well...I think Edwards is probably a better QB than what he's showed in his career there...but their O-line makes the Bears look built.

So draft an O-Line. Trade down and grab McCoy or Claussen and also a lineman. I don't think Edwards has anything other than backup QB written on him. I think Clausen will be better than him. Only thing is Clausen is a dbag.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
So draft an O-Line. Trade down and grab McCoy or Claussen and also a lineman. I don't think Edwards has anything other than backup QB written on him. I think Clausen will be better than him. Only thing is Clausen is a dbag.

"Better than Edwards" doesn't really matter unless you have a loaded team around him.

Drafting an O-line rich draft would have been the right move. May as well just go with Edwards until they wind up with the #1-#2 pick and can draft a top flight QB.

Humiliated by the recent conduct of his team, New York Jets coach Rex Ryan scolded his players in a Wednesday morning meeting, telling them it's time to end the frat-house behavior.

"Quite honestly, I'm basically tired of dealing with these issues," Ryan told reporters. "I'm tired of the embarrassment to our owner and this organization. Let's just end it. Let's just stop. However severe or minor, we don't need to be that team."

I think it's pretty much mandatory that you have to laugh at that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 01:02 PM)

Your link title says it all. He promotes the frat-house behavior but when the mice stop worrying about the cat, you have yourself this type of s***.

You can't be Mr. Buddy Buddy "I don't give a s***" and then start giving a s***.

Lucky for Rex, his team is insanely talented with or without Revis/Edwards.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
Sounds like a Dolphins fan.

Listen, they just stomped a fairly competitive Patriots team while playing nowhere near their best ball. The Jets are very talented.

apparently you didn't see their week 1 performance.. and i know they are talented, every team in the NFL is talented.. you said insanely talented though which is a completely false statement and laughable at best..