Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
The Ogun that the Texans have had active for one game this year?

Well they did just sign him days before their Week 2 game, so it probably took him a bit to work his way in the rotation. Either way, he still is/was better than Anderson.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
So they bench tommie harris and cut mark anderson, our D-Line is becoming just as big of a wreck as our O-Line minus 1 individual.

Not really unless Chris Williams is in fact Jake Long (i.e., Julius Peppers)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Well they did just sign him days before their Week 2 game, so it probably took him a bit to work his way in the rotation. Either way, he still is/was better than Anderson.

...and in an uncapped year not keeping Alex Brown was incredibly dumb.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
So they bench tommie harris and cut mark anderson, our D-Line is becoming just as big of a wreck as our O-Line minus 1 individual.

Anthony Adams is a solid player and the line has been good against the run but none of those guys outside of Peppers is a threat to rush the passer and that will likely be problematic as the season goes on.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Marshawn Lynch to Seattle for a 4th rounder. Good news for Bears fans is he isn't going to GB.

Our GM is too stubborn, I don't know why he never pursues trades or FA (in general) when the two obvious holes right now are RB and SS due to Grant and Burnett going on the IR.

On a side note, I know their front office agreed they need a RB and rumors have had the names Lynch and DeAngelo tossed around, only one option left.

Really should have given Willie Parker a shot by now.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Our GM is too stubborn, I don't know why he never pursues trades or FA (in general) when the two obvious holes right now are RB and SS due to Grant and Burnett going on the IR.

On a side note, I know their front office agreed they need a RB and rumors have had the names Lynch and DeAngelo tossed around, only one option left.

Really should have given Willie Parker a shot by now.

Larry Johnson is an available free agent since Ryan Torain looks like a solid pairing with Portis.

Marshall Faulk with a great analysis on NFL Network regarding the Bears debacle on offense. Basically saying Cutler is to blame for a lot of the sacks, as he did not go through the proper progression in Martz's offense. Also said Forte and Olsen were just as responsible for the sacks as the OL.

Edited by fathom

I'm no quarterback but the proper progression is to read pre-snap and if you don't see blitz, which the Giants weren't, do the full 7-step drop, then read deep and work your way in. When your protection is getting obliterated by 4 down linemen when you're in max protect (there are no circumstances by which this is ever acceptable btw) you're pretty much guaranteed to fail. Cutler may have thrown an incompletion, a pick, or a 2-yard checkdown to someone who probably just blew a block.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
Pats are cheap n stupid.

Cheap, maybe. Stupid, no. They have been the most successful franchise the past decade. They know what they are doing.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 12:08 AM)
i dont know if anything has been said on here yet but the bears need a pass blocking full back or a full back period.

And a running back that doesn't run a 4.50. We have probably the least speed from the running back position in the NFL.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Cheap, maybe. Stupid, no. They have been the most successful franchise the past decade. They know what they are doing.

No kidding. Hell they pawned Moss off for a 4th rounder a few years back in the first place. Wouldn't surprise me if they could net a 3rd-4th rounder for him. Their personnel is one of the smartest in the game.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 02:36 AM)
No kidding. Hell they pawned Moss off for a 4th rounder a few years back in the first place. Wouldn't surprise me if they could net a 3rd-4th rounder for him. Their personnel is one of the smartest in the game.

I believe it's supposedly a 3rd rounder.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 01:36 AM)

With the way salaries are in the NFL, late first, second and third round picks (where you still nab plenty of top-100 talent, and many times, top 50 talent according to team's draft boards) are possibly the most coveted players in the NFL. You get them for four or five years at very low costs and usually are getting NFL-ready talent who can contribute right away. It's no secret that the Pats load up on draft picks every year and keep reloading their roster with fresh, cheap talent. The Bears meanwhile do the opposite and wonder why the roster is so thin at many positions. The Pats may not have Pro Bowls everywhere, but their depth is always second to none and in the NFL, that is huge with injuries.

The trade is complete, without a new contract for Moss. Per Rotoworld:

Minnesota Vikings acquired WR Randy Moss from the New England Patriots in exchange for a 2011 third-round pick.

Moss will head to Minnesota without a long-term deal. It's anyones guess as to how much Moss has left in the tank, as it's been awhile before anyone has seen him give 100%. The Patriots now have an additional pick in each of the first four rounds of the 2011 NFL Draft, and are primed to add even more talent to their roster.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 07:43 AM)
With the way salaries are in the NFL, late first, second and third round picks (where you still nab plenty of top-100 talent, and many times, top 50 talent according to team's draft boards) are possibly the most coveted players in the NFL. You get them for four or five years at very low costs and usually are getting NFL-ready talent who can contribute right away. It's no secret that the Pats load up on draft picks every year and keep reloading their roster with fresh, cheap talent. The Bears meanwhile do the opposite and wonder why the roster is so thin at many positions. The Pats may not have Pro Bowls everywhere, but their depth is always second to none and in the NFL, that is huge with injuries.

And they now have 8 picks in the first 4 rounds of next years draft....