Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
That's the NFL Draft. But they hit more than most teams that's for sure.

and you're wrong anyways, they hit very little.. its just the perception people have when the Patriots are brought up.. were talking about a team that has had multiple 1,2,3 round picks over the past 4 years and have very little in terms of impact players from said drafts..

yeah yeah they are a good team, whatever I still hate them.. but they are not the best drafters that's for damn sure..

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
and you're wrong anyways, they hit very little.. its just the perception people have when the Patriots are brought up.. were talking about a team that has had multiple 1,2,3 round picks over the past 4 years and have very little in terms of impact players from said drafts..

yeah yeah they are a good team, whatever I still hate them.. but they are not the best drafters that's for damn sure..

Well, the GM they just let go has been hitting pretty well for KC so far.

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)

The reality is that the Patriots did have some incredible drafts...in the late 90's. They built 3 championship rosters out of those drafts and a good system. They haven't drafted nearly as well recently. I have difficulty thinking of any of their top picks who have been legitimate hits, although I'm sure there's 1 or 2 on their O and D-lines who I can't think of. They've invested a ton of picks in their secondary and that unit still doesn't have a Revis, their RB situation is weak, and they have only a limited WR corps.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
This is an insanely uninformed post.

Sure, the Pats are deep. Sure, Brandon Tate is solid.

He's no f***ing Randy Moss.

Pre-Moss, the Patriots' defense was good enough that they were fine with the amount of points they put up. Moss changes a gameplan and how other teams defend. He draws consistent double-teams, allowing the "little engine that could" Welker to run free all the time. The Patriots have absolutely no running attack, and their offense is going to take a HUGE hit with Moss now gone. Their defense is nowhere near good enough to consider them legitimate contenders without Moss. They basically extended a middle-finger to their fans with this move, but no one is saying it yet. When they get bounced in the first round because they can't score, they'll realize that this third round pick was not worth trading the one guy other than Brady on your offense who can be considered a true difference maker.

This move was insanely dumb.

PS - And PUH LEEZE with the "no receptions on Monday night crap"! The Special Teams scored so many points that passing was moot.

So I am insanely uninformed by saying they will be fine yet you agree that they are deep......ok Moss is a pain in the ass and was going to do the same thing that he always does when he whines like a baby.

I hate tha Pats but respect what they do and also like that they dumped that douche after they saved his career. Now we get to hear how great he and Favre are.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
So I am insanely uninformed by saying they will be fine yet you agree that they are deep......ok Moss is a pain in the ass and was going to do the same thing that he always does when he whines like a baby.

I hate tha Pats but respect what they do and also like that they dumped that douche after they saved his career. Now we get to hear how great he and Favre are.

I agree they are deep, but you are uninformed in terms of the value Randy Moss brings to a team's offense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
F*ck me, Todd Collins starts Sunday.

The right decision. I am glad the Bears are smart enough, and that Lovie isn't desperate enough, to gamble on Jay's health and career over a game against the Panthers.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
The right decision. I am glad the Bears are smart enough, and that Lovie isn't desperate enough, to gamble on Jay's health and career over a game against the Panthers.

To sit Jay? Yes. To start Collins? No.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
Yeah, GB can't catch a f***ing break this year.

Barnett, Grant, Burnett and Chilar out for the season, all starters.

And who knows when Bigby & Harris will be back.

i knew about the other three, didnt know about chilar

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
i knew about the other three, didnt know about chilar

Yeah, he is having some bad shoulder problems and they say it could possibly be season ending. I lumped him in for pity lol.

Oh and add Mark Tauscher to the list of injuries, although he has been eaten alive by defensive ends anyways, Bulaga can finally start hopefully.

GB actually has some decent LBs (Hawk, Matthews, Zombo, Jones, Poppinga) so Barnett doesn't worry me as much as our secondary. Guy I like on our practice squad Maurice Simpkins finally promoted, watch out for him. Desmond Bishop can also stop b****ing about playing time, he is ok, hits hard but never makes use of his playing time.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 6, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
Secretly??? Did you hear his press conference in week 1?

What I meant by that comment is that he wasn't making it a distraction every single day as many would lead you to believe. He made one mention stating he knew it was his last season there, he would enjoy it and he was thankful to be able to play for the Pats. I don't see what's wrong with that considering he hasn't said anything since then like he stated. Even Adam Schefter confirmed the same as well.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
What I meant by that comment is that he wasn't making it a distraction every single day as many would lead you to believe. He made one mention stating he knew it was his last season there, he would enjoy it and he was thankful to be able to play for the Pats. I don't see what's wrong with that considering he hasn't said anything since then like he stated. Even Adam Schefter confirmed the same as well.

He shouldnt of said it at all. It was a selfish b**** move. As soon as it left his mouth it became a distraction every single day, especially in the Boston media.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
He shouldnt of said it at all. It was a selfish b**** move. As soon as it left his mouth it became a distraction every single day, especially in the Boston media.

Agree to disagree then. I don't see how it was a selfish b move at all. They were ready to ask him about it. He stated his situation and left it alone, period. He didn't even say it like a villain itching to get out either. He just said, "This is probably my last year here, it's been a great ride, I appreciate my time here, but it is a business."

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Agree to disagree then. I don't see how it was a selfish b move at all. They were ready to ask him about it. He stated his situation and left it alone, period. He didn't even say it like a villain itching to get out either. He just said, "This is probably my last year here, it's been a great ride, I appreciate my time here, but it is a business."

That's at least the public story. You never know how much of the private story is true or not, but the moment he was gone, it seems like a dozen different players immediately started saying they couldn't stand him in the locker room, he was picking fights with coaches, complaining constantly about the game plans, etc.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
That's at least the public story. You never know how much of the private story is true or not, but the moment he was gone, it seems like a dozen different players immediately started saying they couldn't stand him in the locker room, he was picking fights with coaches, complaining constantly about the game plans, etc.

Former players. Current players don't seem to be saying that. Not even Bill Billichick who isn't afraid to fight with anyone.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Former players. Current players don't seem to be saying that. Not even Bill Billichick who isn't afraid to fight with anyone.

Remember, this is the Patriots, so nothing will be on record, but this is just a taste of the anonymous ripping Moss is getting.

A "flare-up" between Randy Moss and the New England Patriots coaching staff during the halftime of Monday night's game was apparently the trigger in the wide receiver's abrupt trade to the Minnesota Vikings, SportsCenter 5's Mike Dowling has learned.

Moss, who caught no passes in the Patriots' 41-14 win over the Miami Dolphins Monday night, has made no secret of his unhappiness with the team this season.

It wasn't immediately clear what Monday night's disagreement was about, but the exchange happened in front of other players, including younger players, Dowling said.

I wonder when Aromashodu is going to be activated? If you take longer to learn the offense than Earl Bennett and Devin Hester you should stop flying on the team's charter flight and take the shortest bus possible to the game.