Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
Moss still catches a lot of stuff.

Where has Tillman declined that Moss hasn't? Tillman is basically the same player now that he was in 2004.

However many years older Tillman is now (6), Moss has aged the same number of years. And Moss has been in the NFL for 5 more years than Tillman has.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
And Moss is still much faster and is better at WR than Tillman is at CB. Also Moss's WR skills haven't diminished as much as people would like to think.

Yeah I don't know what that's about.. Moss looked pretty good last night

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Moss and Tillman were close about 4 years ago, but Moss has stayed close to his 2006 level, while Tillman's barely a starting CB on his own team - probably more of a safety by now.

I dont know where you get that from, Tillman is our number 1 starting CB and could start at corner on any team except the Jets in the league.

Moss and Tillman were close about 4 years ago, but Moss has stayed close to his 2006 level, while Tillman's barely a starting CB on his own team - probably more of a safety by now.

I'm trying to think of a game where Tillman has been consistently burned this year. You could say the GB game, but the Bears strategy in the game was to give the Packers underneath routes so we could strip the ball out (it worked out quite well), mainly because we have a guy like Tillman who may be the best in the league at it. Other than that he hasn't been bad at all, and we've gone up against some pretty good throwing teams.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
I'm trying to think of a game where Tillman has been consistently burned this year. You could say the GB game, but the Bears strategy in the game was to give the Packers underneath routes so we could strip the ball out (it worked out quite well), mainly because we have a guy like Tillman who may be the best in the league at it. Other than that he hasn't been bad at all, and we've gone up against some pretty good throwing teams.

There is no way in hell that the Bears strategy was to give underneath routes so they could force a fumble. That is f***ing stupid. They wanted to force the Packers to have long drives feeling that they would make a mistake to screw it up rather than have their corners get beat deepand if it wasn't for a pathetic fumble by Jones, and that wasn't a great play by Urlacher, the Bears lose that game.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 10:47 PM)
There is no way in hell that the Bears strategy was to give underneath routes so they could force a fumble. That is f***ing stupid. They wanted to force the Packers to have long drives feeling that they would make a mistake to screw it up rather than have their corners get beat deepand if it wasn't for a pathetic fumble by Jones, and that wasn't a great play by Urlacher, the Bears lose that game.

That was the exact Bears strategy. They didn't care if it was a fumble, sack, INT, 20 penalties, whatever. Between Peppers tearing up the line and their guys over the top, if they gave the Packers the short passing game, the Bears were going to win that game more than 1/2 the time. If the Packers went deep, they were going to wind up with Rogers on his back or with a dozen holding penalties, and there'd be some fumbles and INT's from the pressure. If the Packers went short, there'd still be some holding penalties, and the ball would be in the air so often that fumbles and INT's from deflections should be common. The Packers' skill was in having as few TO's as they did. A bad team turns the ball over like the unholy union of Carson Palmer and Jake DelHomme in that game.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)

He's clearly the best CB on the team, who is better?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 12:29 PM)
Yahoo fantasy says 3 weeks. Otherwise I would have dropped him.

Well....you can probably drop him now.

And Derrick Martin was just put on the IR, he was our only decent special teams guy and backup safety.

This is getting to be ridiculous :angry:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
Chris Williams is coming back this week, but probably moving to left guard, Omiyale stays at LT. Garza is getting benched for Edwin Williams, Webb at RT.

Does Omiyale have naked photos of someone? I sure hope Tice knwos what he is doing as he is changing guys each game. Chris Williams will be at RT next week.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
Chris Williams is coming back this week, but probably moving to left guard, Omiyale stays at LT. Garza is getting benched for Edwin Williams, Webb at RT.

I may be one of the few like really likes the potential of Webb, he just looks like a beast.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 07:59 AM)
He's clearly the best CB on the team, who is better?

That's not saying much. The Bears have been pretty poo in the secondary for awhile now. Tillman and Vasher in 06 were both b starters, but nothing spectacular. Tillman is a good ballhawk, that's about it. Which is why a lot of people think he should be playing S.

BTW, just my opinion, DJ Moore is a better CB than anyone on that Bears squad skillwise, but he lacks size. Tillman is a servicable guy and at his peak, would've made a good #2, but Bears fans need to stop drinking the kool-aid and thinking he's great because he had a good game against Randy Moss 4 years ago.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
That's not saying much. The Bears have been pretty poo in the secondary for awhile now. Tillman and Vasher in 06 were both b starters, but nothing spectacular. Tillman is a good ballhawk, that's about it. Which is why a lot of people think he should be playing S.

BTW, just my opinion, DJ Moore is a better CB than anyone on that Bears squad skillwise, but he lacks size. Tillman is a servicable guy and at his peak, would've made a good #2, but Bears fans need to stop drinking the kool-aid and thinking he's great because he had a good game against Randy Moss 4 years ago.

But that still doesnt make him a borderline starter on the Bears. He would be a clear starter on a majority of the teams in the NFL.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
I may be one of the few like really likes the potential of Webb, he just looks like a beast.

He stuck out to me, I mean he is huge. Looked decent on the plays I saw too.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
Does Omiyale have naked photos of someone? I sure hope Tice knwos what he is doing as he is changing guys each game. Chris Williams will be at RT next week.

Is there really a correct answer with those group of guys? Just stick Olin in the middle and flip a coin for the other spots