Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again, I would like to thank Jerry Angelo for being one of the worst talent evaluators in the NFL. Cutler isn't playing well recently, but like 10% is his fault and 90% is the O-line. I mean could P. Manning play well knowing that he is likely gonna get a face full of a 6'3", 315 lbs. lineman every play?

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
i think earl bennett is a very underrated player ....excellent blocker, great hands, just lacks that top end speed to really be a threat down the field

It's not glamorous, but he's a fantastic blocker. I wasn't too high on him coming in. If Aromashodu could do the dirty work like that he'd be a Pro Bowler.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Great drive by the Bears and Cutler. Cutler getting rid of the ball instantly so the oline hasn't had a chance to f*** up.

It takes longer to move down the field, but it's better than getting dropped for -10

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)
It takes longer to move down the field, but it's better than getting dropped for -10

If you can move down the field like that, eventually the defense has to break off the heavy pass rush and the down-the-field throws open up more.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Wow, that was a terrific play by Cutler for the Td.

That was like an exhibition of his skillset. Evades rusher, buys a couple extra seconds with his feet, while running throws an extremely accurate pass into double coverage.

Wow, what a f***ing shocker. Martz finally listens to people like me that know little about football and things work out.

When you get the s*** blitzed out of you, you adjust, call for quick passes and have your receivers run short, quick hitting routes. You take the under-neat stuff, make sure you continue to add in the run (going forward), and than when the Redskins take the pedal off the gas, you start adding in some deeper routes and 7 step drops.

So f***ing novel Martz, just took you the last 3 Cutler games to finally figure the s*** out.