Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
I'm sorry, but blaming that first interception 100% on Hester is so wrong. It was a good ready by Hall, and I'm not completely sure how Hester could have broken up the play. The amount of excuses made for Cutler baffle me. He played a great 2nd quarter and was playing great up until the reviewed Bennett play, but 3 turnovers in a span of 10 plays = disaster in my opinion.

I think Aikman knows about 10000% more than you about football and offense and he certainly put it all on Hester.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
I'm sorry, but blaming that first interception 100% on Hester is so wrong. It was a good ready by Hall, and I'm not completely sure how Hester could have broken up the play. The amount of excuses made for Cutler baffle me. He played a great 2nd quarter and was playing great up until the reviewed Bennett play, but 3 turnovers in a span of 10 plays = disaster in my opinion.

i agree with this...that pick was not entirely on hester at all....could he have broken the play up? probably...but cutler telegraphed the throw enough to let hall jump the route

ARE YOU f***ING JOKING ME RIGHT NOW FORTE

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)
You need to be more objective lol, Cutler turned the ball over twice in the redzone and one turned into a TD for the other team, despite everything else that went well that quarter it was a disaster for him.

No, a TD is what happened when the ball was fumbled. I don't give a s*** what the refs called, it was TD. Case closed.

Yes, that one pick sucked, but that isn't a disastrous quarter. We still should have had 7 points in the quarter. That pick 6 was a bad pass, nothing else to it.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
i agree with this...that pick was not entirely on hester at all....could he have broken the play up? probably...but cutler telegraphed the throw enough to let hall jump the route

Maybe it was me, but it also seemed that Hester lost his footing on the play (as he does on about 50% of all pass plays to him).

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Can we also now state how f***ing idiotic it was to do a QB sneak with Cutler during the 3rd quarter on 1st and inches? Coming off of the concussion a few weeks back, at least give Taylor a try for a TD.

I don't get the Bears game, but really, no. If Cutler hasn't recovered from the concussion he shouldn't be out there. If you only need a couple inches and you have 4 downs, a sneak makes very good sense on the first play, since the odds are it'll be nearly impossible for it to lose yardage, and you're not going to get fumbles very often since there's not even a handoff. If you're a yard or two away, then you go to the RB because you can't get that on a sneak.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 07:37 PM)
I don't get the Bears game, but really, no. If Cutler hasn't recovered from the concussion he shouldn't be out there. If you only need a couple inches and you have 4 downs, a sneak makes very good sense on the first play, since the odds are it'll be nearly impossible for it to lose yardage, and you're not going to get fumbles very often since there's not even a handoff. If you're a yard or two away, then you go to the RB because you can't get that on a sneak.

But the QB sneak is just inviting free shots at your vulnerable QB.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
how bout a goddamn double move on the next drive...pump the slant with knox and let him destroy hall down the field

It's funny, as Martz has gone with the short passes that everyone's been begging for. I'm really just worried about Cutler's psyche right now, as he's in the Bad Rex mode of Good Rex/Bad Rex.