Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know, I don't think it's because of the weakness on the Bears/Bills, but I really don't feel like I'm enjoying this year's NFL as much as last year.

I definitely am always a fan of getting new blood at the top of the league, but compared to last year where we had teams like the Saints and Colts on ridiculous rolls, we really haven't seen that much "Spectacular" football. There are some good to very good teams, and teams that have had very good days, but I don't think I've seen anything near as masterful as that Saints dismantling of the Patriots last year.

I kinda feel like I'm wishing for an exemplary team and I'm not seeing them.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 05:58 PM)
I have both Kenny Britt and Darren McFadden on my fantasy team... on the bench. FML

McFadden on the bench for me this week too because every f***in news outlet said that Michael Bush was starting today. I checked up until about 11:30 this morning until I went out to watch the f***in games. f***

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 02:17 AM)
lol. I said this earlier on Facebook. Fantasy talk ruins regular NFL conversations.

It's so true...I probably heard more about Robert Meacham at work the weeks leading up to the start of the season than I did Mike Martz. Someone noted this earlier, might have been balta...but the NFL season has been really mediocre. All the biggest stories are taking place off the field.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 02:07 AM)
I find it ironic to see Rodney Harrison giving commentary on NBC about players giving dirty hits... he was the dirtiest piece of s*** in the NFL when he played. I guess you can consider him an expert.

Yep, as well as a juicer.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Id like to think this will be Lovies farewell tour but who knows what theyll do with 1 year left on his deal. At least Martz was only signed for 1, I believe.

I don't care who the offensive coordinator is, they aren't going to succeed with an O-line that can't block anyone. I'm defending Martz because I think it is pretty obvious they should be attempting to run more, but you need an offensive line to do that as well.

2 terrible picks by Cutler in that game that were just awful. Two picks thanks to our wide-outs not doing there job.

Overall, Cutler had an atrocious 4th, but this game was lost when Lovie didn't make that challenge on the goaline. And than Cutler lost it some more with 2 of his picks and Forte with the fumble.

Too bad because the dline looked phenomenal.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
I don't care who the offensive coordinator is, they aren't going to succeed with an O-line that can't block anyone. I'm defending Martz because I think it is pretty obvious they should be attempting to run more, but you need an offensive line to do that as well.

Its not about running more...its about realizing Cutler has 1 second to throw, so maybe don't have him take a 19 step drop so much.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Oct 24, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)

Keep defending him then. Theres a lot more to it then running the ball. Its the overall play calling.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 03:42 AM)
Martz would look better with a better O-Line, as would Cutler.

Mike Tice is not a good coach of anything, however.

Mike Tice has long been known as one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL. You cannot expect him to make something out of this atrocious combination of offensive linemen, this is all bottom of the barrel bulls***. He was set up to fail by Angelo

Lovie is horrid on challenges, but don't the Bears have someone looking at that stuff above telling him to challenge or not? The challenge lost was silly as it was pretty clear it wasn't going to be changed from the beginning, but considering the Bears are 0-10 scoring a TD their last 10 snaps from the 1 yard line, perhaps it was warranted. I don't know if they would have given Cutler the TD or not, but not challenging that was ridiculous. But really, and not trying to be a Lovie apologist, Lovie has the worst view of almost all to make the challenge call. If the Bears don't have someone telling Lovie when to challenge, they are even more inept than previously thought.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
Lovie is horrid on challenges, but don't the Bears have someone looking at that stuff above telling him to challenge or not? The challenge lost was silly as it was pretty clear it wasn't going to be changed from the beginning, but considering the Bears are 0-10 scoring a TD their last 10 snaps from the 1 yard line, perhaps it was warranted. I don't know if they would have given Cutler the TD or not, but not challenging that was ridiculous. But really, and not trying to be a Lovie apologist, Lovie has the worst view of almost all to make the challenge call. If the Bears don't have someone telling Lovie when to challenge, they are even more inept than previously thought.

Lovie challenges plays that are 100% clearly correct and challenges plays where, even if he wins the challenge, it doesn't actually change anything.

Why he decided to not challenge such a high-impact play is simply baffling.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 07:58 AM)
Lovie challenges plays that are 100% clearly correct and challenges plays where, even if he wins the challenge, it doesn't actually change anything.

Why he decided to not challenge such a high-impact play is simply baffling.

Its definitely baffling but I would love to know exactly how the process works with that team. Lovie isn't going to be able to see what Cutler did with the ball from where he's standing. I go to a few Bears games a year and even the replays are sometimes hard to see in noon starts. There is a lot of glare on the board. Even those watching at home didn't see the ball perhaps go over the goal line until a second or third round of replays. Someone needs to be in a booth looking this stuff over. If its Lovie's call to make the decisions on these from the sidelines, then that's on him, but really if its not in the Bears budget or they just didn't think of it, not paying someone peanuts who only has the responsibility to look at plays that could be challenged is jsut regrettable.

Edited by Dick Allen

I still say Cutler > Orton, and I still think its a trade that you make at that time, but to me there's no almost no arguing that the Bears would be better now and in the likely near future with Orton at QB and the two lost No. 1s used on wideouts or the O-line, even with the Bears s***ty draft record. Cutler is much more talented, but both QBs have a penchant for lousy decisions, and that just gets hugely amplified behind a piss poor line and receivers that can't seem to learn to run routes.

He may be maddingly brain dead, but Cutler is the most skilled QB the Bears have had in 20 years. Leave it to the Bears to finally get a talented passer, and then waste him by surrounding him with utter s***. And I'm not saying this to make excuses for the guy, because Cutler completely crapped the bed against the 'Skins. Like at San Fran last year, this loss was almost totally on him, even with idiot Lovie's refusal to challenge.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 09:34 AM)
I still say Cutler > Orton, and I still think its a trade that you make at that time, but to me there's no almost no arguing that the Bears would be better now and in the likely near future with Orton at QB and the two lost No. 1s used on wideouts or the O-line, even with the Bears s***ty draft record. Cutler is much more talented, but both QBs have a penchant for lousy decisions, and that just gets hugely amplified behind a piss poor line and receivers that can't seem to learn to run routes.

He may be maddingly brain dead, but Cutler is the most skilled QB the Bears have had in 20 years. Leave it to the Bears to finally get a talented passer, and then waste him by surrounding him with utter s***. And I'm not saying this to make excuses for the guy, because Cutler completely crapped the bed against the 'Skins. Like at San Fran last year, this loss was almost totally on him, even with idiot Lovie's refusal to challenge.

We'd probably have two more d-linemen instead, or maybe a reach on a mediocre WR or RB.