Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Bennett 23

Knox 24

Forte 24

Williams 25

Webb 22

Wright 22

Wootton 23

Roach 25

Bowman 25

Moore 23

The Bears have talent. What they don't have is a coaching staff to best utilize and evaluate and develop that talent. They also don't have a GM who can properly evaluate team weaknesses and do something about them.

Young does not equal talented. What have Webb, Williams, Wooten, Roach, Bowman, etc shown you that suggests they are good football players?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
Young does not equal talented. What have Webb, Williams, Wooten, Roach, Bowman, etc shown you that suggests they are good football players?

Webb looks halfway competent IMO, but very raw. Bowman is at least an NFL player.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)

When have our coaches put them in position to show that they have talent?

Webb, I was able to watch a lot on college since my school is D2 and we played him the last 2 years. He's a specimen and with the right coaching, he could be a dominant tackle. Seriously.

Williams has been a bust so far, but between injuries and position changes, its hard for him. I still think he can be a decent lineman. Wootton seems to be getting the Bears redshirt, real nice. Bowman and Roach have all shown flashes of great play.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
Wow, let them convert a 3rd and 11. Jeez.

I don't have any confidence in the Bears defense on 3rd and long. 3rd and 3, yeah, but 3rd and 8, 9, 10, 11 I pretty much just assume it's a new set of downs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
Nick Roach is a terrible player sf1. I agree that there's good young talent at the skilled positions, but the two Northwestern guys you mentioned aren't players to build on.

How can you write off Wootton without having seen him on the field?

And what a freakin' punt by Maynard.

Every call went against the Bucs today.

Freeman slides and gets hit high on opening drive. Flag is thrown for late hit and then picked up. Would have been inside the Atlanta 30.

Bucs recover onside kick. Refs review and say kicker touched it at 39 yard line. Nothing I saw shows it def. did touch him before reaching the 40.

Bucs get a PI and refs spots his flag around the 7 or 8. Somehow the ball is placed at the 11. Of course that cant be reviewed.

Even with all that we should have scored on 4th and 1 from the 2. Just sucks when every 50/50 call goes against you and you lose by a score. After getting blown out by the only two legit playoff teams we've faced this year, it's nice to see us a yard from winning against one of the top 2 NFC teams.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
LOL at the Vikings. First and goal from the 6 and you have Adrian Peterson so lets throw the ball 4 times and not score. The Vikings would have been better off if Favre hadn't come back this year.

Tavaris Jackson ain't the answer.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
Tavaris Jackson ain't the answer.

Seriously, how do we know this?

It seems like every game he's played since the 2nd half of the 2008 season, he's been solid/effective, and compared to Brett Favre, he has the benefit of being significantly more mobile and potentially able to avoid the pass rush better behind a struggling offensive line.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 7, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
A win is a win.

The Bills are playing well right now, so winning narrowly over them isn't all that surprising. The Bills just have no idea how to win a football game, so the only shame is in losing to them. Hell, at least the Bears didn't need overtime to give the Bills a chance to lose.