Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
Despite the turnover I'll take his performance last week and this week. Very few poor decisions, lots of big plays and good throws and he made a lot out of a little in multiple situations.

He needs to stop. Jay played good today but he didn't play GREAT. To play GREAT he needs to start throwing the ball away in that situation and stop throwing picks in the Red Zone. Enough is enough.

Next week is another big game.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
He needs to stop. Jay played good today but he didn't play GREAT. To play GREAT he needs to start throwing the ball away in that situation and stop throwing picks in the Red Zone. Enough is enough.

Next week is another big game.

You mean in 4 days. Jeez such a quick turnaround.

I really hate Thursday games

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Chances Brett Favre gets a mysterious injury after today?

100%

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5806520

Following his postgame news conference, Favre told Werder that he now has pain in his right shoulder that could be related to surgery he had to repair a partially torn biceps tendon following the 2008 season.

Favre told Werder he experienced a sharp pain there while putting on a T-shirt at practice Saturday and there was discussion about taking a pain-killing injection to play against the Bears, but that was eventually deemed unnecessary.

Favre said the shoulder was examined by team doctors and will likely be rechecked Monday. Favre said he experienced no pain during the game but wondered if his underthrown pass on a deep pattern to an open Harvin might have indicated otherwise.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 12:53 AM)
I like Thursday night games when my team isn't playing.

Yeah, I really just hate them because they're on NFL Network, which I don't get. If they were on ESPN or something, I'd probably be okay with Thursday night football.

The idea of an NFL team having 3 days off and then playing again is just so asinine. Not enough time to adequately recover from the last game or prepare for the next one IMO. Bears caught a break with the Dolphins QB situation though, a win down there is certainly very possible.

As for today, I thought the Bears played a very solid game for the most part. My only complaint is some points were definitely left on the field. But overall, the Bears did exactly what they should do at home against a s*** team, and that's encouraging.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 03:09 AM)
The idea of an NFL team having 3 days off and then playing again is just so asinine. Not enough time to adequately recover from the last game or prepare for the next one IMO. Bears caught a break with the Dolphins QB situation though, a win down there is certainly very possible.

im gonna go ahead and be pretty ballsy and declare that there is no chance the Bears beat Miami Thursday..

Weve lost to Baltimore, New England, New York Jets, and Pittsburgh.. and shoulda beat Pitt but the refs screwed us over.. that's pretty much 4 of the best 5 teams in the NFL right there with Atlanta being the other..

It doesn't matter if Thigpen is playing QB, he can do plenty enough to win the game with the way our defense has been playing and my expectancy that Nolans blitzing is going to have a field day on Cutler..

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 03:31 AM)
im gonna go ahead and be pretty ballsy and declare that there is no chance the Bears beat Miami Thursday..

Weve lost to Baltimore, New England, New York Jets, and Pittsburgh.. and shoulda beat Pitt but the refs screwed us over.. that's pretty much 4 of the best 5 teams in the NFL right there with Atlanta being the other..

It doesn't matter if Thigpen is playing QB, he can do plenty enough to win the game with the way our defense has been playing and my expectancy that Nolans blitzing is going to have a field day on Cutler..

Yall are lucky to have a 3rd-string QB of Thigpen's caliber. He was very solid when he played for the Chiefs. When I first heard that the Bears would be facing Miami's 3rd QB, I got excited thinking the defense would have a field day with that, but my expectations tempered when I found out they had Thigpen. That said, the Bears should still win.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 02:31 AM)

I'm sure Thigpen has taken about 0% of the snaps in practice all year and he has 3 days to prepare for a Bears defense that has actually played well this year. Granted, I'm not saying the Dolphins won't win, especially given Cutler's tendency to lay an egg during primetime games, but come on. It's Tyler f***ing Thigpen, theres a reason why he was behind the two Chads on the depth chart.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 02:31 AM)

MIAMI GARDENS -- — The Miami Dolphins didn't just lose the team's two quarterbacks – Chad Henne and Chad Pennington – to injuries in Sunday's 29-17 win over the Tennessee Titans.

Left tackle Jake Long and outside linebacker Cameron Wake sustained serious injuries that could keep them out of Thursday night's game against the Chicago Bears.

According to a source, Long dislocated a shoulder and will undergo an MRI on Monday morning to determine the severity of the injury, which didn't stop Long from finishing Sunday's game.

Wake, who leads the team with 8.5 sacks, suffered a hip injury that limited his mobility in the second half. He underwent an ex-ray after the game. It's possible the coaches could shelve him for Thursday's game.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-11-1...s-quentin-moses

Long and Wake might be out. . . still confident?

Michael Smith from ESPN is tweeting that the Redskins have signed McNabb to a 5 year, $78M extension ($40M guaranteed)... hahaha, are they f***ing serious? First he gets benched, then gets a huge extension?

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
Michael Smith from ESPN is tweeting that the Redskins have signed McNabb to a 5 year, $78M extension ($40M guaranteed)... hahaha, are they f***ing serious? First he gets benched, then gets a huge extension?

Poor Sexy Rexy...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
Does anyone know what was up between sourpuss Todd Haley and cocky Josh McDaniels at the end of the Chiefs/Broncos game?

Haley was mad that McDaniels had his team still playing hard. Basically he Haley thought they should've eased up & taken it easy. In other news, Haley should of had his team ready to play.

On another note, as a Cowboys fan I'm glad to see them actually play hard but I too am tired of hearing about yesterday's win. Now if they get 7 more in a row, then ESPN can talk all they want about them.