Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
And Chicago has beaten Buffalo,Detroit,Minnesota, Dallas and Carolina. So that point means nothing.

When you are arguing that Miami is a good team because they've lost to 4 good teams, when those are basically the only good teams Miami has faced (along with Green Bay, who Chicago also beat by 3 points), and 3 of their 5 wins have come against those terrible teams, then it does. Miami is basically the same exact team as Chicago, they just play in a more difficult division.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
When you are arguing that Miami is a good team because they've lost to 4 good teams, when those are basically the only good teams Miami has faced (along with Green Bay, who Chicago also beat by 3 points), and 3 of their 5 wins have come against those terrible teams, then it does. Miami is basically the same exact team as Chicago, they just play in a more difficult division.

Well Miami won that game on the road against GB so that is a little different.

And yes Miami lost to 4 teams that will be in the playoffs(even though they got screwed vs Pittsburgh) but teams that are suppose to be good need to win some of those games. Chicago has lost games against Washington and Seattle and those teams arent good.

I just dont see these teams being exactly the same but the injuries have leveled the teams off it seems.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
Please someone hire Gruden to be a coach so we dont have to hear him slurp the nuts of every player to ever put on a football jersey.

I sincerely hope Tebow doesn't score a td next week or it's going to be unbearable with Gruden.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
Blitzing, by itself, doesn't really do anything to Cutler. I think there is this assumption that all you have to do is throw an extra rusher at Cutler and he'll automatically fold like Grossman did (Grossman couldn't move and couldn't throw over the line). He's going to see the hole in coverage and he's going to burn it. Cutler's interceptions happen when he throws at guys who blatantly aren't open or when he gets baited like a DB and a fair amount of time it's one of his WRs f***ing the route up after the ball is released (usually Knox)

What happened in that Giants game?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 01:13 AM)
With out looking at stats, Phillip Rivers would be the only one I can even think of off the top of my head.

Peyton and Brady may not have the yards/attempt that Vick has or the touchdowns/pass that Vick has, but part of that is the systems each are in and the presence/lack of wideouts. But look at these parts; Brady, 17 TD's, 4 INT's, Manning 16 TD's, 4 INT's. Manning has thrown 386 passes, Brady 304, Vick 153.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 07:36 AM)
Peyton and Brady may not have the yards/attempt that Vick has or the touchdowns/pass that Vick has, but part of that is the systems each are in and the presence/lack of wideouts. But look at these parts; Brady, 17 TD's, 4 INT's, Manning 16 TD's, 4 INT's. Manning has thrown 386 passes, Brady 304, Vick 153.

Brady, Manning and Rivers have had great seasons. In fact, I think that their teams would have trouble winning more than a couple games without them. However, I don't think any of them pose as much of a threat on the football field as Mike Vick does right now. Vick has found the missing dimension to his game, being able to pass (accurately), within the pocket. Couple that with his insane ability to create offense for himself and he is nearly impossible to start right now.

Yes Vick has 1/2 the completions of Brady and Manning, but he has also only started and finished 4 complete games this season. I wouldn't say that Vick is MORE valuable than Brady, Manning or Rivers right now because of the Eagles talent level and having another above average QB on the roster; however, I don't think that anyone is playing better than he is right now.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
Brady, Manning and Rivers have had great seasons. In fact, I think that their teams would have trouble winning more than a couple games without them. However, I don't think any of them pose as much of a threat on the football field as Mike Vick does right now. Vick has found the missing dimension to his game, being able to pass (accurately), within the pocket. Couple that with his insane ability to create offense for himself and he is nearly impossible to start right now.

Yes Vick has 1/2 the completions of Brady and Manning, but he has also only started and finished 4 complete games this season. I wouldn't say that Vick is MORE valuable than Brady, Manning or Rivers right now because of the Eagles talent level and having another above average QB on the roster; however, I don't think that anyone is playing better than he is right now.

The knocks on Vick have always been that he can't throw downfield, that he doesn't complete many passes, and that he turns the ball over too much, but he was always a winning QB with Atlanta because he was so dangerous. The fact that he is now throwing as well as he is makes him ridiculously dangerous. I think you are right in that, if he's not the best pure QB in the league, he's probably the most valuable player right now. I would say that the Eagles are a legitimate Super Bowl contender with him at QB and I don't think the same thing can be said if they have Kolb starting all year.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
He has had a bad year but it isn't his fault his receivers can't catch and his defense is a joke.

Its funny you say that since the Skins have been winning games because there defense has been forcing turnovers left and right. Yes, they got smoked today but there defense by and large has done its job this year and it is the only reason they have won the games they did.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
Gould is probably the most underrated player in the city of Chicago, but he's been mediocre this season. He's tied for his worst FG percentage since his rookie season. Maynard is the bigger culprit though, as his struggles have been well documented in the Chicago media.

Maynard has been lousy. He's getting old. The one thing he does very well is get good hang time, but I think his low net return numbers are also a benefit of our special teams unit in general.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
The knocks on Vick have always been that he can't throw downfield, that he doesn't complete many passes, and that he turns the ball over too much, but he was always a winning QB with Atlanta because he was so dangerous. The fact that he is now throwing as well as he is makes him ridiculously dangerous. I think you are right in that, if he's not the best pure QB in the league, he's probably the most valuable player right now. I would say that the Eagles are a legitimate Super Bowl contender with him at QB and I don't think the same thing can be said if they have Kolb starting all year.

That game he played last night was probably one of the best games I have ever seen a quarterback play. He was absolutely unstoppable. Sure, the Redskins defense couldn't seem to stop anything the Eagles called, but Vick was masterful. Every ball was seemingly right on target. He ran with incredible vision.

I watched Brady Sunday night and I thought that was a masterful performance. Then I watched Vick make Brady seem average with his performance last night. I agree with you - if Vick plays anywhere close to that level for the remainder of the season, the Eagles are absolutely Super Bowl contenders.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 01:35 PM)
Reports are that McNabb's deal only guarantees him $3.5 million if they cut him this summer. That would make way more sense.

Why would they cut him this summer? Between the FA uncertainty and the fact that they have no obvious replacement, that's really unlikely. The time they're gonig to want him for is the next year, maybe two. Even if he bombs the rest of the year, you probably still bring him back.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
Why would they cut him this summer? Between the FA uncertainty and the fact that they have no obvious replacement, that's really unlikely. The time they're gonig to want him for is the next year, maybe two. Even if he bombs the rest of the year, you probably still bring him back.

Chances are they don't cut him. Just considering the recent issues they had, his questionable relationship with the Shanahans, and his age, the contract extension makes much more sense if they do have that option.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
Chances are they don't cut him. Just considering the recent issues they had, his questionable relationship with the Shanahans, and his age, the contract extension makes much more sense if they do have that option.

Of course it's somewhat nice...but the odds of it being used are incredibly low unless it's somehow lockout-security. It's almost a useless opt-out...the only way it'd get used is if Shanahan decides before next July that he's going to Haynesworth McNabb.