Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
worthless, if I had thought Thigpen was gonna be this bad I wouldn't have even said anything..

Why didn't they try to run though? They were dropping and passing quite a bit even though the game was within a score for the whole first half. Thigpen was awful, Bears defense has been great, but for a team that can run like Miami I'm surprised they didn't try to hide/protect Thigpen a hell of a lot more.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
Beautiful, win #7 on the season and #700 for the franchise!!!

One of the most relaxing Bears games I've watched in years.

Funny, the game was close but I never felt like it was in doubt.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Why didn't they try to run though? They were dropping and passing quite a bit even though the game was within a score for the whole first half. Thigpen was awful, Bears defense has been great, but for a team that can run like Miami I'm surprised they didn't try to hide/protect Thigpen a hell of a lot more.

The Miami playcalling has been horrid this year. Every Miami fan I know cant stand their OC. For whatever reason this year the Dolphins have gone pass happy.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
I'm ready to watch us against Vick. f*** the hype, this defense is playing as well as they did in 06.

I just got tix to the game, so I'm definitely ready to see what happens. I think the speed the Bears have at LB & with Peppers can help neutralize Vick, but those WRs are so damn quick too, it could be tough.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 11:42 PM)
I hope it's very very cold next weekend.

thats a great call. i remember a sunday night game in december when vick came into chicago with the falcons and it was freezing. he couldnt wait to get back to the sideline to put his coat and hat back on. the bears dominated. unfortunately it wont likely get that cold by next sunday.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
thats a great call. i remember a sunday night game in december when vick came into chicago with the falcons and it was freezing. he couldnt wait to get back to the sideline to put his coat and hat back on. the bears dominated. unfortunately it wont likely get that cold by next sunday.

That was the game Grossman came back from injury at halftime to replace Orton. The game time temp was way under 32 degrees, no doubt.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
I just got tix to the game, so I'm definitely ready to see what happens. I think the speed the Bears have at LB & with Peppers can help neutralize Vick, but those WRs are so damn quick too, it could be tough.

Agreed. I think the D line will get pressure on Vick, but I worry that our DBs won't be able to run with DeSean Jackson and Maclin. If I had either on my fantasy team. . . I would start them.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)

I really thought we would see a ton of wildcat tonight.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Cutler's stat line isn't eye popping or anything but his game was actually really good. He didn't throw much because he was efficient and threw some clutch 3rd downs.

He may have gotten away with a couple throws, but yeah, he definitely kept it under control and when they needed a big pass he made it. The offense definitely seems to be way more in sync the last 3 weeks than before the bye.