Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
Maybe you're right, but I think of Shannahan who is a heck of a coach and Washington hasn't been able to cover up a lot of their flaws on the defensive end.

I am a big Shanahan fan, but he is an offensive coach. Shanahan's biggest strength is to develop OL and implement his block schemes to churn out 1,000 yard rushers year after year. (I'm looking at you Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, Rueben Droughns and Tatum Bell).

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
Wasn't Nickerson the MLB their for a long time with Brooks an OLB? I at least thought Brooks played Briggs position for most of his career.

yeah and when Nickerson left, Shelton Quarles played MLB for Tampa next to Brooks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
Yeah, that's a good one. Thanks, I knew I had to be missing someone.

Hasn't Lewis played in a 3-4 most of this decade?

I mean, I'm going to argue that Ray Lewis is superior to Brian Urlacher no matter what scheme you want to use, I'm more or less just saying.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 03:33 AM)
Hasn't Lewis played in a 3-4 most of this decade?

I mean, I'm going to argue that Ray Lewis is superior to Brian Urlacher no matter what scheme you want to use, I'm more or less just saying.

They have switched back and forth a few separate times, yes. In 2000 they were playing a 4-3...but in 2006 they were playing a 3-4...then they switched back to a 4-3 at some point...not even sure what they are playing at the moment.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Too bad the Pats don't normally play near the equator.

Some dope called the Score to say the Bears will win because the Pats will fall down on the field. He apparently forgot the Pats beat the Titans 59-0 with a field covered with snow and Brady threw 6TDs last year

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Some dope called the Score to say the Bears will win because the Pats will fall down on the field. He apparently forgot the Pats beat the Titans 59-0 with a field covered with snow and Brady threw 6TDs last year

It never snows in the NE though!!11!!1!!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)

I hope that was during B & B, I'm sure they would have enjoyed that one.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)

Was that last year? For some reason I thought that was 2 years ago when Matt Cassel was QB?

Edit: Nevermind, you are correct sir. I was thinking of the 47-7 drubbing of the Cardinals in the snow on Sunday, Dec 21, 2008 with Cassel at the helm.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 8, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
They have switched back and forth a few separate times, yes. In 2000 they were playing a 4-3...but in 2006 they were playing a 3-4...then they switched back to a 4-3 at some point...not even sure what they are playing at the moment.

They play the 46 (yes that 46)

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 9, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
Suh was fined $15k for his hit on Cutler.

I dunno, seemed like a good call in real time but questionable in the replays. Unless the NFL has another camera angle I'm not seeing, I don't see how that hit was fine-worthy.

Regardless of whether he hit him in the back of the head, it has been described as unnecessary and a "non-football" move. I think the issue with the hit was what most of us in this thread pointed out - it was completely unnecessary to hit Cutler in that manner. It's pretty clear the NFL is trying to enforce the fundamental method of tackling instead of a take him down however you want free for all.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 9, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Regardless of whether he hit him in the back of the head, it has been described as unnecessary and a "non-football" move. I think the issue with the hit was what most of us in this thread pointed out - it was completely unnecessary to hit Cutler in that manner. It's pretty clear the NFL is trying to enforce the fundamental method of tackling instead of a take him down however you want free for all.

This. This year especially with all that's come out with head injuries I've tried to be reasonable about any flag on hits to the helmet/qb that I'd used to be upset about. Yes, these players get paid well, but I don't think someone should get brain damage just to protect my idea of football.