Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 02:50 AM)
Watching the video of them plowing the snow at that stadium was ridiculous. I heard there was 4-5 ft of snow in there... Is that right?

Yes. They supposedly have an army of a couple hundred people working full day shifts to shovel it out right now since tractors will destroy the playing surface.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
No excuse for the Bears not to open a giant can of whoop-ass on the Vikes. They get them outside, w/o a healthy QB, and should have a huge chip on their shoulder after their nationally televised crap-fest.

Right now, the forecast is for 0 degrees F, 10-20 mph wind gusts.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)
I read that, but I have also heard some whispers about it possibly being moved to Soldier Field now.

If that actually happened, then Lovie truly has the world's largest horseshoe stuck up his ass. With the all the injuries their opponents keep having, the Vikings having 3 injured QBs, moving a road division game to Soldier Field would take the cake.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
If they were still in the playoff race I could see them getting a lot of volunteers. In the current situation however...

On the radio they said that "volunteers" would be paid (kinda not a volunteer, but still). I'm sure there's more than a few folks who'll throw on a coat and make some quick cash depending on pay.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
On the radio they said that "volunteers" would be paid (kinda not a volunteer, but still). I'm sure there's more than a few folks who'll throw on a coat and make some quick cash depending on pay.

Sorry I assumed that by "volunteers" they meant volunteers and not temporary employees.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
John Clayton was on ESPN Radio 1000, says U. of Minnesota is very much in doubt now due to many issues. Possible venues: Indy, Detroit and St. Louis.

It was a dumb idea in the first place. 4 feet of snow in a stadium that has been shut down for weeks. Move it to Chicago morons.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
It was a dumb idea in the first place. 4 feet of snow in a stadium that has been shut down for weeks. Move it to Chicago morons.

You can't have it in Chicago, giving the Bears an extra home game all together is completely unfair to the Vikings.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)

That would be unfair!!!1!!1!!!111! Let's have the game even farther from our fans!!11!!11!!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 04:58 PM)
You can't have it in Chicago, giving the Bears an extra home game all together is completely unfair to the Vikings. other NFC playoff contenders

Who cares about the Vikings, they're done. It wouldn't be fair to teams like the Packers or Tampa, who may be in a close race with Chicago.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
Who cares about the Vikings, they're done. It wouldn't be fair to teams like the Packers or Tampa, who may be in a close race with Chicago.

That's a fair point. They should allow the Vikings to choose one of those three indoor sites.