Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Desean Jackson annoys the f*** out of me with his pre-TD douchery... cross the f***in' goal line dude, then you can do whatever you want. Isn't Jackson the same dumbass that fumbled at the 10 because he started celebrating early?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
Desean Jackson annoys the f*** out of me with his pre-TD douchery... cross the f***in' goal line dude, then you can do whatever you want. Isn't Jackson the same dumbass that fumbled at the 10 because he started celebrating early?

Yeah, that pissed me off as well. Couldn't believe he pulled that s*** today.

There wasn't anytime left on the clock, but he thought there was. I don't think he was being a douche I think he was trying to run all the time off the clock. If that was the case, which he stated it was, then it was a smart play.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 12:45 AM)
There wasn't anytime left on the clock, but he thought there was. I don't think he was being a douche I think he was trying to run all the time off the clock. If that was the case, which he stated it was, then it was a smart play.

eh, I didn't know that, I only saw the replay and figured he was doing his celebrating-while-the-play-is-going thing he's gotten a reputation for.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)

Normally I'd agree, but as has been stated, Desean has a reputation for this kind of crap, I personally don't think he gave a s*** about the clock(which was already at 00's for a few seconds) and he was just being a douche like usual.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)

I could understand that if he wasn't showboating at the same time. Hold the damn ball close to your body and be a little more aware of your surroundings, if that's the case. You don't jeopardize a touchdown and the game for a few seconds anyways.

This guy is going to get blindsided one day and cost his team points or possibly a game...

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 01:35 AM)
I don't understand the Texans. They have quality players on their team. It's not like they suck.

They need to put the full court press on Cowher this offseason.

There are some coaches who should only be coordinators and Kubiak is one of them.

I still love that film of Steve Largent hitting, I think, Deion Sanders, when Sanders/whoever was showboating after an interception before he reached the end zone.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
Tom Brady.. 31 TD's 4 INTs this season... SICK.

Yeah, can we kill this "Michael Vick MVP" talk. Vick has been awesome, no doubt, but he didn't play a handful of games and Tom Brady has been awesome, despite his hair.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 08:44 AM)
Looks like the pansy punter doesn't want to play in the chilly air.

Its been so annoying reading the complaints from players. You... play... FOOTBALL. Its a winter sport, its been played outdoors in cold conditions for decades, and you get paid stupid money to do it. Shut up and play.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
Its been so annoying reading the complaints from players. You... play... FOOTBALL. Its a winter sport, its been played outdoors in cold conditions for decades, and you get paid stupid money to do it. Shut up and play.

I don't think it's the cold that is a worry, it's the rock hard surface of a frozen turf field. It's like playing football on a concrete field.

I get what you are trying to say, but if the ground is truly as frozen and hard as they say, I think they have a reason to complain. You don't want to play on a concrete like surface where you can easily get concussed on a simple tackle.

There's a very serious risk of injury when you're tackled into what is essentially concrete.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
I don't think it's the cold that is a worry, it's the rock hard surface of a frozen turf field. It's like playing football on a concrete field.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
I'm amazed how many people don't realize this. Even with pads.

I fully realize what frozen ground feels like, and that the ground is much harder. Still doesn't change my view. You are playing football in December. No one likes it of course. But if you think you should somehow never have to do that, you shouldn't be playing professional football.

I wasn't sure where to post this but I figured I would here - what do you guys think Joe Webb will do tonight? I am up 16.71 in my fantasy football league and he obviously needs 16.72 to beat me. The scoring for our league is as follows: 1 TD = 6 pts., 20 yards rushing = 1 point, 50 yards passing = 1 point, -2 for INT, -2 for fumbles lost. What are your thoughts on him beating me tonight? I think he'll go for 175 yards passing, 30 yards rushing and 1 TD. Maybe 1 or 2 turnovers.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)
I fully realize what frozen ground feels like, and that the ground is much harder. Still doesn't change my view. You are playing football in December. No one likes it of course. But if you think you should somehow never have to do that, you shouldn't be playing professional football.

I definitely agree with the ones who are pointing out the NFL being hypocrites about concussions. They have stressed their concerns about concussions all year, but now they are going to let teams play on a surface that increases the potential for concussions.