Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 01:08 PM)
Mocking the Draft has Patrick Peterson going at #2 to Denver to replace Champ Bailey as the shutdown CB.

Da'Quan Bowers is at #4, said to be the best pass rusher in the draft (wonder if the Bills will pass at #3 though considering the problems Maybin has had).

As for the Cowboys at #9, we need to take the best defensive player on the board, either a defensive lineman or one of the CB's (which the draft seems to have a few good ones early on).

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/1/3/19102...aft-andrew-luck

Jesus, if Miami takes a RB at 15 I am going to be pissed.. an undrafted free agent just rushed for 1600 yards, unless you are getting an Adrian Peterson its not worth it at all to take a RB high in the draft..

Edited by T R U

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sources: Panthers to pick Andrew Luck

If Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck decides to enter the 2011 draft, the Carolina Panthers will take him, two high-ranking team officials said Tuesday.

A redshirt sophomore, Luck finished his season in Monday night's Discover Orange Bowl and has until Jan. 15 to declare if he will enter the draft. Although there have been reports indicating Luck may choose to stay in college, the Panthers remain optimistic he will turn pro.

Luck is viewed as the top prospect in the country by most draft analysts and the Panthers don't disagree with that assessment. The team officials said they wouldn't even consider trading down in the draft if Luck is available.

Already giving up on Jimmy Clausen. There's a wasted pick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
From the sounds of it, you don't pass up this kid with a Jimmy Clausen.

I wonder what it would take to get Clausen off of the Panthers next year. Yeah he stank this year, but he'd be worth giving up a late-draft-pick to try out.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
What rookie qb wouldn't have stunk on that Panthers team. They are awful top to bottom.

They actually had a solid running game when their RB's were actually healthy. Stewart was great for them in the last 5 weeks or so.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
What rookie qb wouldn't have stunk on that Panthers team. They are awful top to bottom.

As horrendous as Clausen looks, he does have some talent. I remember he looked just as awful his first year starting at Notre Dame. Not that college and the NFL are the same, because they aren't, but he made the leap in college, and I am not willing to write him off yet in the NFL.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 04:39 PM)
As horrendous as Clausen looks, he does have some talent. I remember he looked just as awful his first year starting at Notre Dame. Not that college and the NFL are the same, because they aren't, but he made the leap in college, and I am not willing to write him off yet in the NFL.

I wouldn't write him off either, but I wouldn't Press my Luck for him. (hehe).

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
They are just posturing for a king's ransom from Denver. I bet they get it.

Depends if they get Harbaugh as their next coach I suppose.

Although it'd be interesting to see what would happen with Teboe also. They apparently want a 2nd rounder for Kyle Orton also (cue Bears fans in hysterics)....

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
I wouldn't write him off either, but I wouldn't Press my Luck for him. (hehe).

Yeah, I think they have to take Luck with the first pick.

Clausen doesn't have the potential IMO that you pass a guy like Luck for.

I don't think there have been too many teams that have been burnt by taking the "lock" or consensus superstar player even though they had a potentially good or solid player already at the position. If you have a chance to get a potential superstar at the most important position on the field, you take him, and sort the rest out later.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
Yeah, I think they have to take Luck with the first pick.

Clausen doesn't have the potential IMO that you pass a guy like Luck for.

I don't think there have been too many teams that have been burnt by taking the "lock" or consensus superstar player even though they had a potentially good or solid player already at the position. If you have a chance to get a potential superstar at the most important position on the field, you take him, and sort the rest out later.

Tell that to Al Davis. *sniffle*

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
Depends if they get Harbaugh as their next coach I suppose.

Although it'd be interesting to see what would happen with Teboe also. They apparently want a 2nd rounder for Kyle Orton also (cue Bears fans in hysterics)....

I think Harbaugh's best option is to go to Carolina and pick Luck 1st. He'd be very familiar with his QB obviously, they'd have a very talented backfield, and they could trade Claussen for picks to draft some WR/OL.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
I think Harbaugh's best option is to go to Carolina and pick Luck 1st. He'd be very familiar with his QB obviously, they'd have a very talented backfield, and they could trade Claussen for picks to draft some WR/OL.

Sounds as if the owner Jerry Richardson wants a cheap assistant to take over for Fox e.g Perry Fewell. Don't think he'll pony up the cash needed to hire Harbaugh somehow.

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out really.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
Russell wasn't a terrible college QB. He definitely had a s***load of talent.

I would call that more of potential. Luck sounds much more like a finished product, or as close as you can be to it coming out of college.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)

Huh? Did you actually watch any LSU games? I knew that was a disaster from the moment they made the pick. He was barely mediocre in college.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)

Oh I agree...he was an awesome physical specimen, but I think he was always considered a very high risk/reward kind of player.

Luck, from everything I am reading and hearing, seems to be a much safer pick, fairly similar to Bradford last year, but with even greater skills.

Although I suppose a lot of people thought Ryan Leaf was a sure thing too...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 05:26 PM)
No QB out of college is ever a sure thing but imo Luck has a chance to be one of the more special qb's since Peyton Manning. I think he's that good.

I know what you're saying...but this is another on my list of "Things we hear every year"

I guess I missed a lot in this thread over the last 12 hours or so, so some thoughts:

- If Luck declares, I agree that Denver will try to move up 1 spot and take him. Not sure they should, but apparently Elway loves the kid. Who will take Tebow, though? I guess the Bills are an option, from what I read.

- This QB class is definitely the best in the last few years. Not sure why people would question that. Locker sucks, though. Can't figure out why people are so enamored with him. Yes, he has plenty of physical tools, but he consistently underperformed throughout his career. I hate guys like that. I'd put money on the fact that he won't be good in the NFL.

- Also, what's the deal with Mallett? I keep reading that many NFL teams won't "touch him with a 10 ft pole." He sure looks damn good to me on the field, so I'm assuming there is some off-field stuff that has been kept quiet.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 4, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
- This QB class is definitely the best in the last few years. Not sure why people would question that. Locker sucks, though. Can't figure out why people are so enamored with him. Yes, he has plenty of physical tools, but he consistently underperformed throughout his career. I hate guys like that. I'd put money on the fact that he won't be good in the NFL.

I read this paragraph and though "Jay Cutler".