Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
Lovie has been able to beat the Packers. Two weeks ago the Pack needed to win and Bears really gave them fits.

This game could be the biggest sporting event in Chicago sports history. This is bigger than any game a baseball team, hockey team or basketball team plays. This game will dominate national and local news for the week and will go down in lore.

ya and if we lose you know how much that's going to suck lolz

before the packers ended up blowing out the falcons they did cough up the ball early and also gave up a kickoff return for a touchdown

should be a great game

i liked the nichols piece on marinelli today: http://www.espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6027285

dunno why they edited out all the animal footage b4 posting it online

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
If this week taught anybody anything it's that you should just throw the regular season games out the window, they mean nothing at this point.

I agree, just thought it was a little stretch to say the Jets dont really have a chance against the Steelers.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
I agree, just thought it was a little stretch to say the Jets dont really have a chance against the Steelers.

Agreed. As long as Sanchez doesn't throw the game away they can beat anyone. I like the Steelers in this one though, thought they've been the best team in the league all season long.

Funny though, looking back on my preseason predictions, I actually had the Jets and the Packers playing in the super bowl. If that ends up happening, I'm going to be quite pissed that I didn't put money on it!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
NFC Championship will be a bigger rated game than the Super Bowl.

No chance in heck that happens. I bet it'll be the highest rated non Super Bowl football game ever though.

The NFL has to be thrilled. I bet both title games and the Super Bowl put up some record ratings numbers. All 4 teams left are ratings juggernauts.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2011 -> 06:25 PM)
This 4th quarter has reminded me of Philly in the 2004 Super Bowl against the Pats. Needing to score quickly, taking their sweet time.

The Shanahans were right. Anyway, cheers to the Bears, they owned my team today. But, Seattle has something good to build on. Maybe one day we can beat you guys in Soldier Field in the playoffs. I'll be rooting for the Bears if they make the Super Bowl. The silver lining for me though is that the Patriots are out.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
That's laughable. The Super Bowl is broadcast in like 300 countries.

The Super Bowl doesn't really get strong ratings overseas though. The networks love quoting that "1 billion people are watching" number because it sounds good, but it's an outright lie, most people overseas who receive the game aren't watching. American Football just isn't that big outside of with Americans.

Can you guys really believe this is happening? Bears/Packers in the NFC Championship game at Soldier Field. Teams that win catch breaks along the way, and the Bears have had a good share of them, but they also have remained amazingly healthy and have put up some wins against playoff teams. This game is going to be huge, the hype will be great, i cannot wait until it starts.

Aw f***, the NFL chose Lee DeWyze to sing the National Anthem at the NFC Championship game(Fox American Idol tie-in)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 07:43 AM)
The Super Bowl doesn't really get strong ratings overseas though. The networks love quoting that "1 billion people are watching" number because it sounds good, but it's an outright lie, most people overseas who receive the game aren't watching. American Football just isn't that big outside of with Americans.

Regardless. There's no way any game will draw more than the super bowl...ever.

EDIT: I hope I didn't just instigate Balta to perform an all day analysis on the ratings of every single NFL game ever to see if any come close to matching a typical super bowl.

Edited by BigSqwert

"As a valued member of the Chicago Bears Season Ticket Priority List, the Bears are pleased to offer you the chance to purchase NFC Championship game tickets."

Woohoo, my non-refundable deposit finally pays off. Although looking at StubHub, its very tempting to sell them off, cheapest ones are going for $500. I don't think I can pass up seeing a Packers/Bears championship game live though.

Being a Steelers fan first, and a Bears fan second, I can't help but get excited about the prospect of a Bears/Steelers Superbowl. But, the Jets are riding high right now, and the Packers looked great against Atlanta. Regardless, there is going to be much beer drinking and swearing this weekend.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
EDIT: I hope I didn't just instigate Balta to perform an all day analysis on the ratings of every single NFL game ever to see if any come close to matching a typical super bowl.

There's no need; in the modern era, it really isn't close. The Super Bowl always dominates the U.S. ratings. (The World Cup finale dominates it for international).

Maybe it's because I just can't stand the Patriots, and I'm sick of hearing the announcers swoon over the likes of Brady, Manning (both of them), and the normal media favorite teams, but I'm glad to see the Steelers, Jets, Packers, and Bears in the finals. No matter what happens, there are going to be two teams in the Superbowl that the media typically do not like. I'm sure being a fan of the Steelers and Bears amplifies it, but it seems that there is always talk of a bad call or cheap shot or missed call when they win big games.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
Maybe it's because I just can't stand the Patriots, and I'm sick of hearing the announcers swoon over the likes of Brady, Manning (both of them), and the normal media favorite teams, but I'm glad to see the Steelers, Jets, Packers, and Bears in the finals. No matter what happens, there are going to be two teams in the Superbowl that the media typically do not like. I'm sure being a fan of the Steelers and Bears amplifies it, but it seems that there is always talk of a bad call or cheap shot or missed call when they win big games.

Really? ESPN is always all over the Jets' nuts. And who wants that rapist to get another Super Bowl appearance? Not me.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 12, 2010 -> 04:19 PM)
So the Bears need to go after every FA out there. Bagboy in the RedEye(who never makes sense) made sense today. To compete for the SB, Bears need:

Brandon Marshall

Steve Breaston

Darren Sharper

Shawn Merriman

E Dumervil

Terrel Owens

i just ran across this quote lol. i'm a packers fan but i'll tip my hat to the bears they made it this far w/ out every single one of these players

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 08:37 AM)
Really? ESPN is always all over the Jets' nuts. And who wants that rapist to get another Super Bowl appearance? Not me.

I haven't watched ESPN today, so I'm sure you're right about that. But, the announcers last night seemed to not like the Patriots losing. As far as Roethlisberger, I won't comment. There's more to that story than we know. He obviously did something wrong, but saying outright that he's a rapist is speculation.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 09:40 AM)
So, when do we start hearing about how Tom Brady can't win the big one any more?

i was hearing the beginnings of it on Mike and Mike in the morning today. Last 3 playoff games all losses 5TDs compared to 4 INTs and 2 of the previous 3 gms were played at home (the other one was the superbowl against the giants)