Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jan 19, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
I recommend grabbing the podcast of today's episode and just listen to that portion of it, it was pretty heated

Thanks! I loved it. I absolutely despise B&B. If this was a caller, instead of Abbatacola they would have cut him off and then ripped on him and finished their argument. I have no idea how those guys have this show. Dan usually just belittles his callers and Boers is just like his puppet repeating his lines. The only time I hear those idiots is when I get back in my car in the evening and the radio is still on 670 from Mully and Hanley in the morning. Then after about 5 minutes Bernstein says something arrogant and yells at a caller and I realize I'm listening to those morons and change the station.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 07:34 AM)
I would assume he's a little busy in his role to be memorizing the 53 man roster but what do I know.

Are you trying to say there's more important stuff in this world than da Beloved??? Blasphemy!!!! Bears!

I totally understand that knowing all the Chinese diplomats attending his State dinner would be a tad bit more important. But from what I remember, he couldn't name a single Sox player and called it Cominskey Field. Just saying, if you are gonna play the fan like that, spend 2-3 minutes before the interview to straighten out a fact or two.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
Are you trying to say there's more important stuff in this world than da Beloved??? Blasphemy!!!! Bears!

I totally understand that knowing all the Chinese diplomats attending his State dinner would be a tad bit more important. But from what I remember, he couldn't name a single Sox player and called it Cominskey Field. Just saying, if you are gonna play the fan like that, spend 2-3 minutes before the interview to straighten out a fact or two.

This is common with a lot of southsiders as SSK25 attested.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 07:48 AM)
Thanks! I loved it. I absolutely despise B&B. If this was a caller, instead of Abbatacola they would have cut him off and then ripped on him and finished their argument. I have no idea how those guys have this show. Dan usually just belittles his callers and Boers is just like his puppet repeating his lines. The only time I hear those idiots is when I get back in my car in the evening and the radio is still on 670 from Mully and Hanley in the morning. Then after about 5 minutes Bernstein says something arrogant and yells at a caller and I realize I'm listening to those morons and change the station.

I can't stand that show either. And this is coming from a guy that has migrated over there with Dan McNeil.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
It is definitely a Bridgeport-ish thing. I have heard it myself, long before Barack. The other acceptable deviation is "Sox Park".

Not so sure about that. My parents and my entire extended family was brought up right across from the park, in Bridgeport. We moved when I was young, but I never heard anyone from there call it Cominskey Park, let alone Cominskey Field. I have heard Cominskey Park used, but from what I've experienced and been told, it's a Polish thing because of the large Polish population in Chicago. Either way Cominskey Field is not something any "Sox fan" would say. But anywhoo.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 07:34 AM)
I would assume he's a little busy in his role to be memorizing the 53 man roster but what do I know.

Why memorize when he can just read it off the teleprompter...

I'm a liberal but I just couldn't resist.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
Not so sure about that. My parents and my entire extended family was brought up right across from the park, in Bridgeport. We moved when I was young, but I never heard anyone from there call it Cominskey Park, let alone Cominskey Field. I have heard Cominskey Park used, but from what I've experienced and been told, it's a Polish thing because of the large Polish population in Chicago. Either way Cominskey Field is not something any "Sox fan" would say. But anywhoo.

I don't doubt he's a Sox fan, if he wasn't, wouldn't it make more sense for him to say he's a Cubs fan, it's not like there isn't any Cubs fans in the South Side.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
I don't doubt he's a Sox fan, if he wasn't, wouldn't it make more sense for him to say he's a Cubs fan, it's not like their isn't any Cubs fans in the South Side.

I don't doubt he chose the Sox as his team to root for. I just doubt that he is truly a fan. Not saying it's a big deal...just my opinion.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
I don't doubt he chose the Sox as his team to root for. I just doubt that he is truly a fan. Not saying it's a big deal...just my opinion.

Just because a guy doesn't know anything about the team doesn't mean he's not a fan. When I was 17, I went to a Sox/Twins game in Minneapolis and even though I knew most of the players on the roster, I didn't recognize them or their numbers, and the only players I really recognized were the main hitters in the lineup. It doesn't mean I suddenly wasn't a fan, and at that point I was spending about 25 hours a week on Soxtalk.

I don't care for the guy, but the guy is a Sox fan. I can't think of any reason you'd wear a White Sox jacket and hat for political reasons, considering the negative connotations the White Sox logo has with non-sports fans.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
The same crew of refs that flagged the Packers 18 times in the Monday night game against the Bears earlier this year will be back in Soldier Field on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6041850

Actually it's just the same ref. The crew is different for the playoffs....supposedly the best of the best.

Gov. Pat Quinn and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker have placed their bets on Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers, and the loser will have to volunteer at a food pantry in the winner’s state.

To add insult to injury, the loser will have to wear a t-shirt featuring the winning team, as well as fly the team’s flag in the governor’s office on the day before the Super Bowl.

Of course, both politicians already are declaring victory.

“I am sure Governor Walker will look great in blue and orange,” Quinn said in a statement today. “Bear down, Chicago Bears.”

Walker went so far as to predict the final score in Sunday’s NFC Championship game.

“I look forward to hosting Governor Quinn in Wisconsin after a 28-24 Packer victory,” Walker said.

The flag and the shirt are the hard part.

“It’s similar to HGH in that it aids in recovery. It helps build tissue, and strengthen tissue – more than you can ever do by training alone. Any preparation that is not naturally occurring is banned. Taking IGF-1 through deer antler is banned as well.”

I understand that it's coming from a deer and not a human, but how can they say this and then allow athletes to take any number of other supplements? The logic behind that is flawed.