Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 20, 2011 -> 09:34 AM)
Are you trying to say there's more important stuff in this world than da Beloved??? Blasphemy!!!! Bears!

I totally understand that knowing all the Chinese diplomats attending his State dinner would be a tad bit more important. But from what I remember, he couldn't name a single Sox player and called it Cominskey Field. Just saying, if you are gonna play the fan like that, spend 2-3 minutes before the interview to straighten out a fact or two.

IIRC he knew all the recent players and guys like Frank Thomas and Paul Konerko but couldn't name players from the 70s and 80s (makes sense b/c he is basically a transplant and moved there in 1987)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 07:15 AM)
They were for the most part caused by the O-line getting embarrassed by Peppers.

I actually think this can be a huge factor. The league doesn't want the game constantly interrupted by penalties. If I'm Green Bay, hell yeah I'm holding Peppers, it's better than the alternative and the fact is, the refs just won't call it everytime. It's worth the risk and you just hope the ref doesn't decide to make the call when you score.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 10:32 AM)
Colin Cowherd chiming in this morning that should the Bears beat GB on Sunday, they would be the worst Super Bowl team ever.

He then backed off a bit...

And said the 05/06 Bears team might be worse...

Colin Cowherd is the worst radio personality ever. He sucks. You shouldn't listen or care.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 09:32 AM)
Colin Cowherd chiming in this morning that should the Bears beat GB on Sunday, they would be the worst Super Bowl team ever.

He then backed off a bit...

And said the 05/06 Bears team might be worse...

:lolhitting

Adding that 2nd part is just purposely trying to talk s*** about the Chicago Bears and nothing else.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)
:lolhitting

Adding that 2nd part is just purposely trying to talk s*** about the Chicago Bears and nothing else.

Just for the hell of it I searched for worst super bowl teams and found a top 10 list, the 06 Bears were on there as honorable mention and listed as overrated because the rest of the NFC North went 17-31. Still, that is laughable - I guess CC forgot that the Bears have beaten some of the top teams in the league already this year, whatever. Keep the negativity coming

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
Colin Cowherd is the worst radio personality ever. He sucks. You shouldn't listen or care.

Oh I really don't care. Yesterday his opening topic was that the home field advantage doesn't mean much in football anymore because of all the corporate season ticket holders.

Today the Bears will win because they play on a field with the consistency of Chunky Soup.

Just such a fool.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
Oh I really don't care. Yesterday his opening topic was that the home field advantage doesn't mean much in football anymore because of all the corporate season ticket holders.

At some level, this is probably true. It still matters, but it doesn't matter as much as it used to.

The 2nd round of the playoffs used to feature the home team winning about 75% of the time or more...at home off of a bye week...I think it's been down closer to 50% the last few years (and no I don't recall where I saw this data).

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
I actually think this can be a huge factor. The league doesn't want the game constantly interrupted by penalties. If I'm Green Bay, hell yeah I'm holding Peppers, it's better than the alternative and the fact is, the refs just won't call it everytime. It's worth the risk and you just hope the ref doesn't decide to make the call when you score.

Same goes for Clay Matthews.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
Jamarcus Webb will be doing the old bear hug on Matthews half the game. Let's see if they call it.

For sure. And from a man that size, that's a damn big bear hug. (I knew what you meant, just a little pregame smack talk)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
For sure. And from a man that size, that's a damn big bear hug. (I knew what you meant, just a little pregame smack talk)

He is a big dude.

As far a prediction i'll just say I have a bad feeling about this game, but I have a bad feeling before every game.

I think this game comes down to which QB gets hit/sacked less. So you could say it will depend on the oline or the pass rush (depending on your school of thought).

For the Bears win, they'll have to consistently run the ball, get pressure and take down Rodgers at least a few times, and have there CB's/LB's tackling the packers receivers without them churning up a ton of YAC. Additionally, we have to make sure the Packers don't get Starks going.

Its gonna be a tough one, but it should take the best performance of the season to beat this Packers team and quite frankly, thats what I expect if you plan on playing for a superbowl!

Lets go Bears!!!

It's "Hire a former Bears coach" day.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports: Former Bears coach Dick Jauron is expected to be named defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns on Friday, sources told the paper.

Jauron, who was fired as the Bills head coach last season, coached the Eagles' secondary this season.

Another former Bears coach, Dave Wannstedt, was also a candidate for the Browns position, but was hired as the Bills' assistant head coach/linebackers coach on Friday.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
I think this game comes down to which QB gets hit/sacked less. So you could say it will depend on the oline or the pass rush (depending on your school of thought).

For the Bears win, they'll have to consistently run the ball, get pressure and take down Rodgers at least a few times, and have there CB's/LB's tackling the packers receivers without them churning up a ton of YAC. Additionally, we have to make sure the Packers don't get Starks going.

Its gonna be a tough one, but it should take the best performance of the season to beat this Packers team and quite frankly, thats what I expect if you plan on playing for a superbowl!

Lets go Bears!!!

The game comes down to turnovers. I guarantee that if Cutler doesn't throw a pick, the Bears are going to win this one. We should have solid field position all game long with our vast superiority on special teams.

Protect the ball, kick the field goal, score the points, f***ing WIN.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
The game comes down to turnovers. I guarantee that if Cutler doesn't throw a pick, the Bears are going to win this one. We should have solid field position all game long with our vast superiority on special teams.

Protect the ball, kick the field goal, score the points, f***ing WIN.

I really don't get why everyone (nationally) is dismissing the Bears. Yeah, they've been a bit of an enigma all season and yeah, the Packers have been playing very well in the playoffs.

But the Bears lost to the Packers 10-3 in Week 17 at Lambeau in a game that didn't matter to them and the Packers had to win to get the wild card. And that was with Martz calling a bizarre game for whatever reason (vanilla? try to see if you can get those 7-step drop plays to work in a playoff atmosphere before a game that actually matters?)

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears lose this one, but I think they have a great chance of winning.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
I really don't get why everyone (nationally) is dismissing the Bears. Yeah, they've been a bit of an enigma all season and yeah, the Packers have been playing very well in the playoffs.

But the Bears lost to the Packers 10-3 in Week 17 at Lambeau in a game that didn't matter to them and the Packers had to win to get the wild card. And that was with Martz calling a bizarre game for whatever reason (vanilla? try to see if you can get those 7-step drop plays to work in a playoff atmosphere before a game that actually matters?)

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears lose this one, but I think they have a great chance of winning.

I can't argue with anything you stated.

Can we stop with the week 17 vanilla crap? Whatever happened in week 17, or week 3 means nothing to this game. The Patriots beat the Jets 45-3, then lost to them last week. The Bears lost to the Seahawks then beat them last week, the Packers lost Atlanta then beat them last week, and on and on and on.........

I'm just so sick of heaing the we didn't try BS. It simply doesn't matter.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 21, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
Can we stop with the week 17 vanilla crap? Whatever happened in week 17, or week 3 means nothing to this game. The Patriots beat the Jets 45-3, then lost to them last week. The Bears lost to the Seahawks then beat them last week, the Packers lost Atlanta then beat them last week, and on and on and on.........

I'm just so sick of heaing the we didn't try BS. It simply doesn't matter.

That is a very good point.

I didn't say the Bears didn't try in Week 17, though. Their defense played really well, and it just looked to me like the offense was trying some plays to test them. Not stupid gimmicky plays like the Forte pass, but seeing if they had improved enough to go back to some things they tried earlier in the season. They hadn't, and we didn't see Martz calling those plays again against Seattle.