Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
Bears release Charles Grant after signing him two weeks ago. He was also inactive for both games. Is there a more idiotic organization that ours? Maybe the Raiders.

Yes. The Raiders. You got that one.

Beyond that, I am unsure. It's a good thing we kicked AB and 'Wale to the curb.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
ok, I thought maybe I was just noticing it. Good to know there are others.

Heard ZZ last night saying that after the Giants debacle, the Bears offense responded with a great offensive game vs Carolina. Had to laugh at that.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
Bears release Charles Grant after signing him two weeks ago. He was also inactive for both games. Is there a more idiotic organization that ours? Maybe the Raiders.

866_image.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
Ridiculous brawl at a semi-pro Canadian football game. I'm sure Ron Artest likes this...

holy crap that is absurd....i hope a good chunk of those players never see the field again at minimum

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
Angelo is inept. Why sign Grant, not play him, then release him two weeks later. DUMBBBBBB. They need to try out lineman. Even ones off the street.

It's like he is taking cues from Al Davis.

If I spot the Raiders and the Bills, I can't think of an organization that's being run worse at the moment.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
It's like he is taking cues from Al Davis.

If I spot the Raiders and the Bills, I can't think of an organization that's being run worse at the moment.

Jacksonville has to be up there, then you can go to the next tier and run into teams like Frisco, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Carolina, Dallas, Detroit, Denver, you could also make a case for Minnesota, Washington.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)
Jacksonville has to be up there, then you can go to the next tier and run into teams like Frisco, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Carolina, Dallas, Detroit, Denver, you could also make a case for Minnesota, Washington.

Eh, I don't think so. From a GM standpoint, the Bears are only behind the Raiders and the Bills who both have no direction. Frisco actually is pretty good at assembling talent, and they should be a really good team this year. Alex Smith isn't working out though and neither are their offensive coordinators.

Seattle has pretty decent direction. It's still too early to tell on TB. Cleveland has Holmgren who knows what he's doing. Cincy has decent direction, I think it's moreso Marvin Lewis. Carolina you can make an argument for. Dallas is another team that needs to fire it's coaches(plural for a reason). Detroit seems to finally be moving in the right direction, they're just such a mess, it's not going to be overnight. Denver is too early to tell.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Eh, I don't think so. From a GM standpoint, the Bears are only behind the Raiders and the Bills who both have no direction. Frisco actually is pretty good at assembling talent, and they should be a really good team this year. Alex Smith isn't working out though and neither are their offensive coordinators.

Seattle has pretty decent direction. It's still too early to tell on TB. Cleveland has Holmgren who knows what he's doing. Cincy has decent direction, I think it's moreso Marvin Lewis. Carolina you can make an argument for. Dallas is another team that needs to fire it's coaches(plural for a reason). Detroit seems to finally be moving in the right direction, they're just such a mess, it's not going to be overnight. Denver is too early to tell.

But then again, the Bears are right at the top of the league in defense and have quality guy at the QB position. The Bears look bad right now but they're no where near the worst run franchise in the NFL, that's just hyperbole.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
What happened there? I couldn't see anything. My favorite part was 2:40-2:46. the quick reaction of the broadcaster was hilarious.

A man completely misses a step on the bleachers and falls. Pretty funny lol.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
But then again, the Bears are right at the top of the league in defense and have quality guy at the QB position. The Bears look bad right now but they're no where near the worst run franchise in the NFL, that's just hyperbole.

Looking at the last year in a vacuum Angelo has been nearly a complete bust. The criticism of the Cutler trade that was valid was in how much he gave up for him. That wasn't really the problem... so they lost a first and second that year and a first the next. He had enough picks to do something with. He needed to find at least one WR (Johnny Knox, hi, I am a rare non-mistake) and like 3 or 4 linemen (he didn't even try).

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 06:26 PM)
Looking at the last year in a vacuum Angelo has been nearly a complete bust. The criticism of the Cutler trade that was valid was in how much he gave up for him. That wasn't really the problem... so they lost a first and second that year and a first the next. He had enough picks to do something with. He needed to find at least one WR (Johnny Knox, hi, I am a rare non-mistake) and like 3 or 4 linemen (he didn't even try).

This FTW! Angelo has had a couple of holes that have been known to everyone - fans, coaches, you name it. Yet, Angelo half-butted one of those holes(WR), and tried to obtain more DL when there was no need for them at all.

Normally I'd say that's a big deal, but when's the last time it mattered who was catching Manning's passes? The only times that I ever noticed something clearly slow Manning down were 1) a few years ago when teams designed entire defensive schemes specifically to try to stop Manning in the playoffs and 2) surgery at the beginning of 2008, and he still threw for 4000 yards and almost 30 TDs and won the MVP anyway.