Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
I am so torn. I want the Bears to win the Super Bowl, but I think I want the entire regime (Phillips on down) town out more.

Well, option A is an impossibility with this squad, and option B is more likely with every loss.

Angelo and Lovie need to go, and bring me Bill Cowher and put him in charge of everything. He'll have us in the Super Bowl in 5 years.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
Well, option A is an impossibility with this squad, and option B is more likely with every loss.

Angelo and Lovie need to go, and bring me Bill Cowher and put him in charge of everything. He'll have us in the Super Bowl in 5 years.

It didn't take Lovie 5 years to get the Bears to the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
Another game that people want to blame the coaching, but it should be directed at the GM. Again, you can't run any type of system without an offensive line. I don't care who the coordinator is.

I don't really think many are blaming coaching on yesterday's debacle. Lovie's challenges always have been pretty pathetic. I don't blame him for that because someone needs to be informing him when to challenge, and apparently the Bears either don't have anyone doing that or someone who might not have access to replays. Outside the first quarter, the line wasn't that bad yesterday, certainly good enough to score more points. I also agree, this is all on Angelo. I'm not a Cutler guy, although I admire the talent, but I can't see where he wouldn't be at least slightly shellshocked right now, and it has to be contributing to his struggles. He drops back into the pocket and drops his head like he's going to get hit a lot of times before the rush is really that close.

Ron Turner of course, was the Bears' version of Greg Walker, and he finally took the bullet. But if you recall last season, when people were complaining the game plan was too simple,(ironic because now its supposedly too complicated) he basically stated Bears' personnel was unable to grasp anything but the basic stuff. He basically said they weren't intelligent enough to use his entire offense. Now you have Martz, and it appears Turner was correct in his analysis.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
It didn't take Lovie 5 years to get the Bears to the Super Bowl.

Lovie also didn't acquire a franchise whose single-greatest asset was past his peak and hadn't had a useful draft in 5 seasons.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
Lovie also didn't acquire a franchise whose single-greatest asset was past his peak and hadn't had a useful draft in 5 seasons.

You may want to look at the team Lovie inherited. Rex Grossman was the savior. He got hurt and Craig Krenzel was the QB. David Terrell at WR? Seriously, the Bears were pretty bad when he took over. Its one reason he got the job. If they were good Jauron never would have been canned.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
I don't really think many are blaming coaching on yesterday's debacle. Lovie's challenges always have been pretty pathetic. I don't blame him for that because someone needs to be informing him when to challenge, and apparently the Bears either don't have anyone doing that or someone who might not have access to replays. Outside the first quarter, the line wasn't that bad yesterday, certainly good enough to score more points. I also agree, this is all on Angelo. I'm not a Cutler guy, although I admire the talent, but I can't see where he wouldn't be at least slightly shellshocked right now, and it has to be contributing to his struggles. He drops back into the pocket and drops his head like he's going to get hit a lot of times before the rush is really that close.

Ron Turner of course, was the Bears' version of Greg Walker, and he finally took the bullet. But if you recall last season, when people were complaining the game plan was too simple,(ironic because now its supposedly too complicated) he basically stated Bears' personnel was unable to grasp anything but the basic stuff. He basically said they weren't intelligent enough to use his entire offense. Now you have Martz, and it appears Turner was correct in his analysis.

The amount of hits that Cutler has taken this year is clearly taking a toll. Despite the line playing reasonably well in the 2nd half, they were horrendous in the 1st half yesterday and as you pointed out even when Cutler had time in the 2nd half he looked scared of getting hit. When you also take into account that the Bears WR core is mediocre at best, there is no running game whatsoever, I think there are maybe 3 or 4 QBs that would have the ability to have success with the Bears.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
Who are the top 5 in QB rating in the NFL right now (without looking)?

Hint: RYAN FITZPATRICK IS #2

In no particular order, Orton, Rivers, Shaun Hill, Brady, & Patrick FitzRyan

Edit: I got 2 of the other 4, not too bad.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
Who are the top 5 in QB rating in the NFL right now (without looking)?

Hint: RYAN FITZPATRICK IS #2

I read on another board that Ray Lewis tackled him and Fitz said "get off me, b****" lol

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
I read on another board that Ray Lewis tackled him and Fitz said "get off me, b****" lol

Honest to God, it's only a 4 game stretch, and they need a long-term developmental QB, but I am honestly content with Fitzpatrick over the next 1-3 years so long as their future picks are used on players who actually fill team needs and improve the team overall. He doesn't have a huge arm, but he's smart.

It's really weird not having the worst QB situation in the league.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Honest to God, it's only a 4 game stretch, and they need a long-term developmental QB, but I am honestly content with Fitzpatrick over the next 1-3 years so long as their future picks are used on players who actually fill team needs and improve the team overall. He doesn't have a huge arm, but he's smart.

It's really weird not having the worst QB situation in the league.

I really hope they don't get Mallet or Luck in the draft

After speaking with a top NFL team orthopedist, SI.com's Peter King doesn't believe Brett Favre's ankle injury will keep him out of this week's game.

We have to take the doctor's opinion with a grain of salt as he hasn't examined Favre, but he called the diagnosis of two ankle fractures "extremely misleading." It's essentially a "glorified ankle sprain," and most NFL quarterbacks would play with the injury in a must-win playoff scenario. King believes Favre can play Sunday if he's willing to play "medicated and/or with pain." Favre is sure to push to play. We'll have to wait to find out if coach Brad Childress wants to wage a power struggle.

Of course.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 04:04 AM)
Hahaha, so many melodramatic Cowboys fans. It's hilarious.

ARRGH, THEE CURSE OF THEE WADE PHILLIPS

Yep Wade is indeed a goner.

There's only so long you can rely on talent and not holding your players accountable when it comes to performance and penalties. We need help desperately in the secondary and on the offensive line.

Gruden's the favourite right now to take over. John Fox has been mooted though because he gets along well with Jerry Jones. I don't think Cowher will want any part of dealing with Jerry (my guess is he coaches Carolina next season).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)
Yep Wade is indeed a goner.

There's only so long you can rely on talent and not holding your players accountable when it comes to performance and penalties. We need help desperately in the secondary and on the offensive line.

Gruden's the favourite right now to take over. John Fox has been mooted though because he gets along well with Jerry Jones. I don't think Cowher will want any part of dealing with Jerry (my guess is he coaches Carolina next season).

I think it's going to be one messy offseason for teams that want to change coaches, because no one's going to want to hire a coach, especially a big name coach, and have them sit there and collect $5 million while there's no season...but you don't want to have no coach in place when the draft happens.

Cowher will only coach a storied franchise just like Shannahan wanted to wait on the Bears last year. With that said, Wade will be out of a job, but honestly, Jason Garrett needs to follow him. How is he the highest paid coordinator and have a terrible offense? He definitely has the WR's, TE, QB, and a decent enough line to get the job done. I'd honestly love to have Mike Martz. Also, I don't like what I see from Marion Barber. I want Felix to start and be the featured back.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
Cowher will only coach a storied franchise just like Shannahan wanted to wait on the Bears last year. With that said, Wade will be out of a job, but honestly, Jason Garrett needs to follow him. How is he the highest paid coordinator and have a terrible offense? He definitely has the WR's, TE, QB, and a decent enough line to get the job done. I'd honestly love to have Mike Martz. Also, I don't like what I see from Marion Barber. I want Felix to start and be the featured back.

Isn't Dallas a top 5 ranked offense?

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
Isn't Dallas a top 5 ranked offense?

They're tied with 3 other teams for 14th in PPG which means they are mediocre. Their total offense is top 5 as well as their passing offense. The thing is, they usually sputter out when getting into scoring position. Their running game is non-existant.