Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
Nice find.

I can vouch for this. I was watching the game, and he didn't even break off the route. All he had to do was reach toward the ball, it literally landed within a foot of him.

I can deal with some of the bulls***, but treating people like that (the restaurant owners), well, I'm glad I read that. Moss can take a hike.

I love how initially everyone s*** on Childress for this (*cough* ESPN *cough*), even LYING when reporting that the locker room wasn't behind the move. 24 hours later, when the REAL story comes out, turns out he was a dick and the team agreed. So the one guy Mort talked to said he didn't like the move = the entire locker room. ESPN reporting there.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Titans claimed Moss. No word if anyone lower has.

According to Rotworld, the Titans did get him

Titans acquired WR Randy Moss off waivers from the Vikings.

Nov. 3 - 4:17 pm et

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Seems like guys fall off from their highs in the NFL faster than anywhere else.

Careers in the NFL are shorter than most pro sports including superstars. Look at how many top RB's sustain production over more than 5 years. I was just looking at the fantasy drafts a few years back when Larry Johnson was one of the top guys, now he can barely make a roster. Its amazing.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
I love how initially everyone s*** on Childress for this (*cough* ESPN *cough*), even LYING when reporting that the locker room wasn't behind the move. 24 hours later, when the REAL story comes out, turns out he was a dick and the team agreed. So the one guy Mort talked to said he didn't like the move = the entire locker room. ESPN reporting there.

Childress truly is an awful coach though

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
Careers in the NFL are shorter than most pro sports including superstars. Look at how many top RB's sustain production over more than 5 years. I was just looking at the fantasy drafts a few years back when Larry Johnson was one of the top guys, now he can barely make a roster. Its amazing.

Shaun Alexander won the MVP in 2005, and by late 2008, he was out of the league for good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)

Definitely a good example. The Chiefs had a great offensive line with Willie Roaf, Will Shields, Casey Weigmann, Brian Waters, and John Tait. Priest Holmes and Derrick Blaylock feasted off that offensive line as well. Once Roaf and Shields retired, and Tait signing with the Bears, Larry Johnson started to slow down. Not saying the offensive line was the only reason, or even the biggest reason, but it did contribute to his lack of stats. But man was LJ awesome to watch for a few years.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 07:15 AM)
They do football games sometimes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 07:17 AM)
They do one of the MNF games on opening week. Literally do one game a year.

Huh, I don't remember ever hearing them. I can imagine that they are awful. I would guess anybody who does one game a year would be awful.

Cutler is doing a great job seeing the blitz and moving around in the pocket today. OLine hasn't been embarrassing although they still aren't doing a great job in pass protection (granted relative to the previous 7 games they look like world beaters) and they can't run block worth a damn.