Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

This is what DeSean Jackson said after the game last night...

"The pregame altercation got us going. It had us ready. We came back into the locker room pumped," Jackson said, via the AP.

"We were like pit bulls, ready to get out of the cage."

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
3 of Miami's 5 wins have come against Buffalo, Minnesota, and Cincinnati. Minnesota and Cincinnati may have talented offensive teams, but both have QBs whose reputations and past achievements far outweigh their current abilities, and beyond that, Minnesota's receiving corps is terrible outside of Harvin. They also got absolutely curb-stomped by New England and Baltimore too. I also don't know how good Tennessee is - they're obviously a decent team, but I think that's probably all the more you can say about Miami right now too - they're a decent team. And, quite frankly, that's probably about all you can say about Chicago too.

There's also a reason Tyler Thigpen is a 3rd QB. He could probably be a backup elsewhere, but he has a QB rating of 73.6 in his career, and that is as high as it is because of the 10-12 game stretch with Chan Gailey's pistol offense. I mean, I'm sure Brian Brohm can do plenty of things to win a football game for a team too, but there's a lot more he can do to lose a game too, and that's where Thigpen will be at for this game.

The Dolphins better hope that they can run the ball, and considering Chicago has allowed the second fewest rushing yards per game, I would say that they are probably not going to be able to run much either.

Yes there is a reason Thigpen was the 3rd QB.. Henne was a 2nd round pick who needed to be given the reigns and Pennington wasn't going to be 3rd.. Had Penny not come back, Thigpen would have been 2nd string.. besides, its not like Henne had been lighting it up this year I don't see Thigpens play being too far off from what we've gotten from the QB position anyways.. he looked pretty good in his limited play against Tennessee..

I don't see how you can say Miami and Chicago are the same team.. Chicago has two bad losses to Washington and Seattle, they should have lost to Detroit, and they have eeked through every win they have outside of Carolina and getting Minnesota at home..

If they lose to the Bears Thursday, then I will agree with you they are a decent team at best.. there wont even be any excuses with Thigpen in.. they should beat the Bears, at home, no problem if they are better than a decent team..

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)
Blitzing, by itself, doesn't really do anything to Cutler. I think there is this assumption that all you have to do is throw an extra rusher at Cutler and he'll automatically fold like Grossman did (Grossman couldn't move and couldn't throw over the line). He's going to see the hole in coverage and he's going to burn it. Cutler's interceptions happen when he throws at guys who blatantly aren't open or when he gets baited like a DB and a fair amount of time it's one of his WRs f***ing the route up after the ball is released (usually Knox)

I meant getting to Cutler and sacking him, not just blitzing making Cutler turn into an INT machine..

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
I all fairness, he might have gotten his feet tripped up. But he never mad an effort to get back up and into the play.

Yeah, that's the bigger problem. For some reason the announcer saying "Adam Archuletta just fell down!" from a Bears game a few years ago (where he literally just fell over for no reason near the goal line and the receiver or RB walked in) is stuck in my head.

If he would have gotten up, the man blocking him wouldn't have been able to block 99, who may have had a shot at Vick.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
Anyone else hear Zach Zaidman said last Sunday's game is evidence that Jerry Angelo can draft well because all the touchdowns and interceptions were by guys he drafted?

I dont listen to anything Zach Zaidman says anymore. He is a fanboy with a big microphone. There is no unbiased assessment from him

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 05:10 AM)
Yes there is a reason Thigpen was the 3rd QB.. Henne was a 2nd round pick who needed to be given the reigns and Pennington wasn't going to be 3rd.. Had Penny not come back, Thigpen would have been 2nd string.. besides, its not like Henne had been lighting it up this year I don't see Thigpens play being too far off from what we've gotten from the QB position anyways.. he looked pretty good in his limited play against Tennessee..

I don't see how you can say Miami and Chicago are the same team.. Chicago has two bad losses to Washington and Seattle, they should have lost to Detroit, and they have eeked through every win they have outside of Carolina and getting Minnesota at home..

If they lose to the Bears Thursday, then I will agree with you they are a decent team at best.. there wont even be any excuses with Thigpen in.. they should beat the Bears, at home, no problem if they are better than a decent team..

The statistics for both teams are very similar. You can go back and forth all day long about who's wins and losses were better/worse, but both these teams are in the top 9-13 range of the NFL or so. Miami should have an advantage not having to travel during the short week, but come on, to say they have "no chance" of losing this game? Trust me, they have plenty of chances to lose this game.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 04:10 AM)

Having not seen them play, I can't argue much here. I can say that I'm pretty sure that Miami is running far more often then they are passing in the red zone, which would lead to Henne's passer rating decreasing because he's never throwing touchdowns. I think Henne is a far superior QB to Thigpen.

Miami has only beaten one team by more than 2 scores - this past week against Tennessee - and, as mentioned above, they've played Buffalo, Minnesota, and Cincinnati. Those are 3 pretty terrible teams to, as you called it, be "eeking" wins. Meanwhile, the Bears have only lost one game by 2 scores - the Giants game where Cutler basically died - and in those "bad" losses (they are mediocre teams...not good, not bad, just mediocre) to the Seahawks and Redskins by 3 points each.

I don't think you can use that argument for Miami either.

If the Bears are as bad as you think they are, they should demolish them. If they win by a last second field goal, that is suddenly the separation between a decent team and a good team?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Pisa Tinoasamoa out, Nick Roach starting

Cameron Wake in

Jake Long expected to start

Thigpen expected to start, Henne may be available

And the line is moving in that direction...moneyline up to +120 at some books for the Bears....keep moving baby, keep moving...

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
That ball went a long way in the air. Hester should've had that.

He really should've. There was plenty of time to adjust and Hester got both of his hands on it. Those are just his limitations as a WR though, he has pluses and minuses and that's definitely a minus. He is what he is.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
He really should've. There was plenty of time to adjust and Hester got both of his hands on it. Those are just his limitations as a WR though, he has pluses and minuses and that's definitely a minus. He is what he is.

Agreed. He obviously has amazing speed and can stretch a D which has a ton of value but his hands are extremely questionable and his route running skills are lacking.