Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Mike McCarthy, can you make a few more huge blunders here in the first half?

He is the reason GB is losing.

1st and goal from the 2 and he doesnt call one conventoinal run? And then the no challenge on 4th and 3.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
He is the reason GB is losing.

1st and goal from the 2 and he doesnt call one conventoinal run? And then the no challenge on 4th and 3.

He calls a play to a guy who has never caught a pass this year, then he calls a sneak from 5 feet out.

I don't care if he wasn't sure about that challenge, you have to throw the flag...

This could end up being a 14 point swing purely because of coaching blunders.

Edit: And that is not even mentioning the Aaron Rodgers play he didn't challenge that would have netted them a first down on their first drive instead of having to punt.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
This game is proof that GB wont do anything in the playoffs.

They have zero ability to run the ball when they only need a yard.

The shame is, despite the Falcons' ability to run the ball today, the Packers should probably be winning the game. Poor execution in short yardage and some terrible coaching blunders have put them in a hole.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
The shame is, despite the Falcons' ability to run the ball today, the Packers should probably be winning the game. Poor execution in short yardage and some terrible coaching blunders have put them in a hole.

Why is anything that hurts the packers considered a "Shame"? This is a Chicago board ;)

Anyway...I think it's safe to say that everything you just wrote could be applied as a summary of most of the league this year. A few failed executions and a mistake or two is the difference between a top 10 pick and a playoff birth.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Why is anything that hurts the packers considered a "Shame"? This is a Chicago board ;)

Anyway...I think it's safe to say that everything you just wrote could be applied as a summary of most of the league this year. A few failed executions and a mistake or two is the difference between a top 10 pick and a playoff birth.

Because I bet on the Packers.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
Some of the worst play calls I've witnessed in a long, long time by Green Bay.

First and goal from the 4 and they dont even try to run.

What a catch!

Question is, did they leave Matty Ice too long?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
Question is, did they leave Matty Ice too long?

Since it was 4th down there, they didn't have much choice on how long they left him.

A win today and the Bears are firmly in control of the division, thanks to the Falcons.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
Since it was 4th down there, they didn't have much choice on how long they left him.

A win today and the Bears are firmly in control of the division, thanks to the Falcons.

I didn't say they had any choice in the matter, just asked the question of whether they left him too much time. Apparently they did. The personal foul on the kickoff obviously didn't help.

Secondly, as a Bears fan, I'll thank Mike McCarthy. He's the man who caused the loss.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
The Packers' running game is too bad to trust. They miss Grant big-time.

Stupid coaching and penalties didn't help matters any.

Another play that wound up being huge in the game was the 3rd and 9 the Falcons had late in the third quarter. They threw underneath to Chris Snelling, who somehow magically eluded the tackles of about 5 Packer defenders and gained 12 yards for an easy 1st down. They later scored a td on 4th and goal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
I wonder if anyone has done the statistics on whether or not kickers are more likely to make or miss the second kick if the coach calls a TO just before the ball is snapped.

Your boy Rian Lindell just drilled two 49 yarders because of this.

Personally, I wouldn't do it if the game is outdoors. No reason to give the kicker a read on what the ball is going to do. Indoors, I say take a shot, but do it WELL BEFORE the snap, so he can't kick it.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 28, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
You boy Rian Lindell just drilled two 49 yarders because of this.

Personally, I wouldn't do it if the game is outdoors. No reason to give the kicker a read on what the ball is going to do. Indoors, I say take a shot, but do it WELL BEFORE the snap, so he can't kick it.

I know, that's what made me think of that, 2 straight games that's happened and the Kickers made all 4.