Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 3, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
Wonder if the Bears will make a run at either Flozell "The Hotel" Adams or Ken Hamlin who were both released by Dallas today.

Chris Williams is the LT for the present and future so I dont think Adams is a target for the Bears but Id imagine they would have to take a look at Hamlin.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
McNabb traded within the division to the Redskins. What a screwup by the Eagles. They should've gone with the Raiders and get one of the best corners in the game. Instead they get a 2nd round pick.

Yikes. Usually its Washington with the dumb decisions.

McNabb traded within the division to the Redskins.

Boy you had me nervous for a minute. I thought it was in our division (notably Vikings, since they might be tired of waiting for Favre.

McNabb traded within the division to the Redskins. What a screwup by the Eagles. They should've gone with the Raiders and get one of the best corners in the game. Instead they get a 2nd round pick.

And a third or forth rounder next year.

McNabb turns 34 this year, is in the last year of his deal, and they get about the highest 2nd round pick they can (only the Rams were in consideration who had a higher pick) while also getting a 3rd or 4th rounder next year. Personally, I think that's a pretty damn good haul for Philadelphia. If they're very lucky, McNabb doesn't resign with Washington and goes to Arizona in the offseason. If they are unlucky, he resigns with Washington and is a great QB for another 5 years. I'm expecting him to resign, be good this season and maybe next, and slowly begin to tail off. They need to get him some weapons first and foremost, and Santana Moss isn't exactly the greatest weapon in the world.

Apparently they wanted to do good by McNabb, so they gave him a list & let him pick from it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
They need to get him some weapons first and foremost, and Santana Moss isn't exactly the greatest weapon in the world.

McNabb wasn't exactly loaded with WR weapons most of his years in Philly except for 1 year with Owens and then last year.

On the other hand though...the Redskins have a pretty deep backfield with Portis, Parker, and Johnson back there...although I'm not sure you can count on any of them 100% of the time.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Apr 5, 2010 -> 12:07 AM)
Apparently they wanted to do good by McNabb, so they gave him a list & let him pick from it.

There's also the issue that other teams might have been unwilling to raise their bids if McNabb wouldn't sign an extension. I think Buffalo was in that boat.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 6, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
no. Dude is washed up. I'd rather try and develop some talent behind cutler.

This. If Hanie ever steps in and throws a 3 touchdown game, someone will suddenly trade you a first rounder for him.

Lovie's been pretty adamant about bringin in a veteran insurance policy for Cutler I read somewhere IIRC.

Arizona would have been a good spot before they signed Anderson (Arizona really jumped the gun on that one).

As for the McNabb deal, annoyed that he's still in the NFC East because he's terrorised the Cowboys for years, although he certainly isn't the player he once was. And the Eagles love their draft picks / young players, hence why they went with the draft pick compensation.

Well Haynesworth was going to be a disaster, but at the same time, signing him was the right move. They got him in his prime, he was a beast of a DT, and the Redskins needed to concentrate greatly on defense. It just didn't work out. Probably because he had a terrible attitude, is a team cancer, and is lazy.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 7, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
Well Haynesworth was going to be a disaster, but at the same time, signing him was the right move. They got him in his prime, he was a beast of a DT, and the Redskins needed to concentrate greatly on defense. It just didn't work out. Probably because he had a terrible attitude, is a team cancer, and is lazy.

You act like the Skins couldn't have known about any of those latter issues beforehand.