Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:23 PM)
Wouldn't be too bad if he was like Steve Young though...

Young just has some problem with the Bears. I don't quite get it. They don't reall draw unnecessary attention to themselves or have any really outspoken players or coaches. Yet he acts as if they are a bunch of jagoffs or something.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Young just has some problem with the Bears. I don't quite get it. They don't reall draw unnecessary attention to themselves or have any really outspoken players or coaches. Yet he acts as if they are a bunch of jagoffs or something.

Young kept on talking about how the Vikings are a superbowl quality team, that fired their coach a bit to early.

I don't get it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)

Its probably just something in the water at ESPN. If the words Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Tom Brady, New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, or Lebron James aren't involved, no one at ESPN will want to talk about it.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
He and Steve Young decided to tear apart Cutlers performance based on footwork. If he could only learn how to use his feet he might good like Trent I guess. LMAO

They didn't tear it apart, but it's a valid criticism. Hell, I've seen youuuuu guys criticize him all season long wishing he would stop throwing off of his back foot amongst other things. Nothing Steve or Trent said are untrue. But I understand, most of you guys are riding a high right now and don't want to hear it. Eventually, if Cutler wants to be great, he's going to have to work on that.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:43 PM)
They didn't tear it apart, but it's a valid criticism. Hell, I've seen youuuuu guys criticize him all season long wishing he would stop throwing off of his back foot amongst other things. Nothing Steve or Trent said are untrue. But I understand, most of you guys are riding a high right now and don't want to hear it. Eventually, if Cutler wants to be great, he's going to have to work on that.

footwork is stuff you work on in the offseason, with a QB coach. You drill over and over until it becomes muscle memory. Thats how QBs start to get it. Now with that being said, Jay is not going to re-invent his mechanics through the next few weeks. You want better mechanics get better protection. I understand what he is. You give him good protection, have him rollout and mix in some screens and runs to open up the playaction and you have something pretty good. If you have him drop in the 7 step drop and he is going to get wrecked.

Dilfier keeps going after Jay on something that can't be "fixed" like a pitcher with a side session with Don Cooper. This is something you live with this year and move forward with progress later.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
He and Steve Young decided to tear apart Cutlers performance based on footwork. If he could only learn how to use his feet he might good like Trent I guess. LMAO

Here are the facts with Jay.

Bad, if not the worst offensive line in the league.

Bad, if not the worst wide receivers in the league (some might disagree).

Bad footwork.

Oh, and his QB Rating, YPA are the highest of his career. And he's thrown least amount of interceptions of his career (so far).

Give Cutler a league average offensive line and some wide receivers that are difference makers and I'd like to see what Jay's numbers look like. I wonder what Trent Dildo would say then.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
Its probably just something in the water at ESPN. If the words Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Tom Brady, New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox, or Lebron James aren't involved, no one at ESPN will want to talk about it.

I wouldn't even mind if I just felt like we were not getting the appropriate attention we deserve (and we probably don't), but some guys like Young and Dilfer and Collinsworth seem to want to go out of their way to slam us, and it's like, hey, you can't blame us for winning the games that are on our schedule, pal. It's not like we're running around guaranteeing victories or something.

Just include the positives along with the negatives, please. Instead, it's all negative, negative, negative, like he f***ed their wives or something.

To say Jay is "crippled" if his first option is taken away? Seriously? That's just complete bulls***.

Corey Wootton might be one of my favorite Bears ever, btw. And for those who wrote him off, it was a pleasure to watch him make McKinnie look like a mannequin and slam Favre.

fathom, you still think the Bears can't build on Wootton?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Just include the positives along with the negatives, please. Instead, it's all negative, negative, negative, like he f***ed their wives or something.

To say Jay is "crippled" if his first option is taken away? Seriously? That's just complete bulls***.

'

Passing ability aside. . . Jay makes a ton of plays (especially on 3rd down) with his legs. To say Jay is crippled is a joke. Dilfer doesn't like Cutler's attitude and it affects his ability to analyze his play.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:57 PM)
'

Passing ability aside. . . Jay makes a ton of plays (especially on 3rd down) with his legs. To say Jay is crippled is a joke. Dilfer doesn't like Cutler's attitude and it affects his ability to analyze his play.

I don't like his attitude either, and despite owning his jersey, I kind of think Jay is a giant douche. But I don't know the guy, and he is not my friend. Last I checked, he isn't Dilfer's friend either. But you're right...both he and Young can't seem to be objective about him. I wonder if there is anything personal there, in terms of meeting at some function or something.

Devin Hester, you are ridiculous.

A bunch of people yesterday were talking about DeSean Jackson being the best return man in the NFL. Um, I think they may be forgetting about record-setting Devin Hester. The one time the Vikings finally punt to him tonight, he breaks it for a TD. He's unreal at times.

Brett had a concussion but still found his way to the podium after the game. I honestly don't remember any other player this year speaking with the media after a game where he had a concussion.

Brett needs an unhealthy amount of attention.

Even though this team surpassed my expectations, I remember the majority of you were insisting they were a 6 win team at best and certainly not the playoffs. I think it's time for people to fess up and admit they were wrong :headbang.

That being said, I'm not sure what to expect from this team come playoff time. If they come out and beat the Jets and a GB team with Rodgers it would make me think they are a legit contender to reach the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Corey Wootton might be one of my favorite Bears ever, btw.

He might be the talk of the town for the week. I think everyone loves him now.

BTW, ya Dilfer is a piece of... work. I wonder if Cutler slept with his wife or something..

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 12:45 AM)
Devin Hester, you are ridiculous.

A bunch of people yesterday were talking about DeSean Jackson being the best return man in the NFL. Um, I think they may be forgetting about record-setting Devin Hester. The one time the Vikings finally punt to him tonight, he breaks it for a TD. He's unreal at times.

To be fair, anyone with decent speed could have had that return. All he did was run straight ahead and was untouched. Credit goes to the Bears special teams blocking for that one, which has been excellent for years.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:51 PM)
Give Cutler a league average offensive line and some wide receivers that are difference makers and I'd like to see what Jay's numbers look like.

He had a pretty solid O-Line and Brandon Marshall in Denver.

Dead Brett says hello

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
I reconciled this a couple of weeks ago. once they took away the asininity of him getting rid of people in favor of "his" guys and got real NFL assistants they started winning again.

As long as this staff stays in tact and Lovie is not allowed to evaluate and pick talent, they will be fine.

The officiating in that game was embarassingly bad. The hold on Olin, the DPI, the shot to Cutler's head and the screwed call at the half were in excusable.

I hope they beat the s*** out of the Jets but I have a feeling it will be a let down.

I am a fan of Maranelli.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 06:02 PM)
Adrian Peterson is out tonight. I think that is worse than starting Joe Webb at QB. Die Gerhart!

Magic is being up 19 in your big money league (winner gets $1,000), having to go against Matt Forte and Adrian Peterson last night, and Peterson randomly not playing.