Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 09:17 AM)
i wish i could have seen Jordan4life holding his Jimmy Johns sandwich, thinking about taking his first bite. I bet he was thinking "damn i wish i got White Castle"

:D

Man oh man those sandwiches were good. Took me a while, but I finished both. Then shortly after finishing I proceeded to take a 33 minute dump. But I had my ESPN the Mag.

Edited by Jordan4life

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
I'm as much of a Bears fan as the next guy, but man...Gruden is sure sucking Cutler off tonight.

There is no player that Gruden doesn't suck off... the guy loves every player and everything and is quite possibly the worst announcer ever.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
There is no player that Gruden doesn't suck off... the guy loves every player and everything and is quite possibly the worst announcer ever.

The night games have always seemed that way. The announcers know they are on a national stage and try a little too hard to make the broadcast "an event" instead of just another game.

Mike Patrick and Thiesman used to do the same thing on Sunday night football when it was on ESPN. In fact, Mike Patrick was the absolute worst at doing that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
That broadcast yesterday was just horrible in general. They sucked off Favre for the entire first quarter, it was just awful.

My favorite part was calling Toby Gerhart a great cold-weather back. You know, cause he went to Stanford and is from SoCal.

did everyone notice Gruden messed up on the hunting gear gag early? they cut to the group and Gruden was holding the hunters hat and they didnt mention it, and then next time they showed the group he wa in the full hunting gear and they are like "OMG what are you wearing?"

ridiculous

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
did everyone notice Gruden messed up on the hunting gear gag early? they cut to the group and Gruden was holding the hunters hat and they didnt mention it, and then next time they showed the group he wa in the full hunting gear and they are like "OMG what are you wearing?"

ridiculous

I also liked when he was commenting on a Bears impressive drive "that started darn-near on their goal line....well, at the thirty or forty after the nice return, and have really taken it to this Vikings defense..."

Meanwhile, the drive had started on the Bears 47 after the Daniel Manning kickoff return.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:54 PM)
Corey Wootton might be one of my favorite Bears ever, btw. And for those who wrote him off, it was a pleasure to watch him make McKinnie look like a mannequin and slam Favre.

fathom, you still think the Bears can't build on Wootton?

Julius Peppers is going to make a lot of guys look good on his line.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Julius Peppers is going to make a lot of guys look good on his line.

Agreed, but he also dropped in the draft (not because of lack of talent) because of a neck injury and even if Peppers is on the line, he still has to make it to the Quarterback and did so on the play on Mount McDouche lol

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
Agreed, but he also dropped in the draft (not because of lack of talent) because of a neck injury and even if Peppers is on the line, he still has to make it to the Quarterback and did so on the play on Mount McDouche lol

was it a neck injury? I thought he blew out his knee

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
My favorite part was calling Toby Gerhart a great cold-weather back. You know, cause he went to Stanford and is from SoCal.

Maybe they were referring to his running style and how it translate in cold,sloppy conditions?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
I don't like his attitude either, and despite owning his jersey, I kind of think Jay is a giant douche. But I don't know the guy, and he is not my friend. Last I checked, he isn't Dilfer's friend either. But you're right...both he and Young can't seem to be objective about him. I wonder if there is anything personal there, in terms of meeting at some function or something.

Steve Young isn't objective? He's blindly hates Jay Cutler? Okay, I really want to hear your evidence for such claims. Steve Young didn't even blast the guy last night, or come close. Take off the goggles Bears fans, he was being objective about your QB.

He simply stated, Jay has the ability to make all the throws, can get it in the tightest of spaces and can become great. But in order for him to enter that elite realm, he needs to watch his footwork and develop consistentcy with solid mechanics. Until then, he's always going to be where he's at. He even said, "Don't take it from me, watch the great QB's. Look at guys like Tom Brady and his footwork" and he named some others. Are you telling me, you don't want Jay to be great or elite? Because he's not either right now. And I doubt he's going to lead the Bears to the SuperBowl. Heck, I think they'll lose their first game in the playoffs.

And Trent, though a little more strong about it, said basically the same thing. He even went on to say, he has a great ability to throw through any conditions, that's how great of an athlete is, then continued to break down video of what Steve Young was stating. He even goes on to say that Jay had better tools than him and he wishes he had Jay's abilities.

So please, stop saying anyone who gives valid criticism of the Bears is an idiot, because it makes you as fans look idiotic.

I don't know about Young, but this isn't the first time Trent's hated on Cutler. He was very harsh on him and the Bears offense, going as far as to call them pathetic. That's far from a valid criticism. Combine that with his unironic proclamations about teams needing great QB's to win in the post season, and it's easy to hate on him.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
I don't know about Young, but this isn't the first time Trent's hated on Cutler. He was very harsh on him and the Bears offense, going as far as to call them pathetic. That's far from a valid criticism. Combine that with his unironic proclamations about teams needing great QB's to win in the post season, and it's easy to hate on him.

When Cutler wins a single playoff game in the NFL, he will start getting more respect from these types -- and not until. I love Cutler, he plays hard and takes risks, and he's fun to watch because of these things...but in the NFL, he's proven absolutely nothing yet, to pretend or to say otherwise is false.

This has always been my problem with Bears fans and their general arrogance that they get from who knows where. They're so easy to dislike because they have that "Cub" like mentality that they're the most awesomeist thing ever when in fact, they aren't. They want praise for everything their team does, but don't like to give praise to anyone else. When they win on a fluke play, it's part of the game, when they lose, it's not because the other team beat them, it's because they didn't show up, or some other such nonsense.

I don't apply this mentality to all Bears fans, either...but there are the many, as I like to put it, 'Da Bers" fans...and this is directed at you if you're amongst them.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
165656_10150109869696578_546796577_80712

Jokes aside, and I'm sure many Bears fans are happy to see Favre go, making fun of or hoping for a person to get/become physically injured is never...funny.

This is exactly what I'm talking about with Bears fans acting their finest. It's not enough that they beat Favre the majority of the end of his career, it's not enough that they beat Favre 40-14 yesterday...it's picking this as their favorite moment, or wishing injury upon him that makes me dislike Bears fans. Those other things should be enough...but they aren't. I despise that mentality in sports.

It embodies everything we learned to NOT do in sports as kids...and doing it as an adult...and laughing about it.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
Jokes aside, and I'm sure many Bears fans are happy to see Favre go, making fun of or hoping for a person to get/become physically injured is never...funny.

This is exactly what I'm talking about with Bears fans acting their finest. It's not enough that they beat Favre the majority of the end of his career, it's not enough that they beat Favre 40-14 yesterday...it's picking this as their favorite moment, or wishing injury upon him that makes me dislike Bears fans. Those other things should be enough...but they aren't. I despise that mentality in sports.

It embodies everything we learned to NOT do in sports as kids...and doing it as an adult...and laughing about it.

LOL, whatever. Brett Favre is a royal douche and I was hoping Wooten broke him in half.