• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
:huh:

What are you so confused about? The only play in which he was in the game that directly resulted in points for Minnesota had VERY little to do with Brett Favre. I'm pretty sure anyone on an NFL roster could make that pass and then watch Percy Harvin run in for the score. He had 1 interception. Another pulled back by a penalty and he fumbled on the play in which his night ended but they blew the whistle quickly. He didn't help Minnesota in the slightest. In the conditions in which the game was played, Joe Webb would have done far more against the Bears than Favre could have.

I'm note sure what Brett Favre people have been watching this season, but I see the guy who has 19 picks and 11 TD's with a 69.9 passer rating.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 06:44 PM)
What are you so confused about? The only play in which he was in the game that directly resulted in points for Minnesota had VERY little to do with Brett Favre. I'm pretty sure anyone on an NFL roster could make that pass and then watch Percy Harvin run in for the score. He had 1 interception. Another pulled back by a penalty and he fumbled on the play in which his night ended but they blew the whistle quickly. He didn't help Minnesota in the slightest.

Exactly the sort of "Da Bers" s*** I'm talking about. You want your team praised, but never praise anyone else, unless they aren't playing the Bears...then MAYBE, but even then, probably not. I bet if Cutler has a bad week next week, you'll be on here crying about how crappy he is, how him, Lovie and the rest of the coaching staff need to be fired, and the Bears need to rebuild. This is the sort of flip flop crap I see from Bears fans every week depending on if they win or lose.

If this was Cutler, or any other Bear, it would be, "Such beautiful blocking, beautiful misdirection on the screen, a perfect pass, and beautiful finish."

When Favre does it, it's mediocre crap and anyone could have done it.

So I repeat...

That screen was perfect, and it resulted in a TD. That is all.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Exactly the sort of "Da Bers" s*** I'm talking about.

If this was Cutler, or any other Bear, it would be, "Such beautiful blocking, beautiful misdirection on the screen, a perfect pass, and beautiful finish."

So I repeat...

Cutler's TD passes were not even close to screen passes.

Cutler is the closest QB to young Favre in comparison/style of play who is playing in the NFL.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 06:50 PM)
Cutler's TD passes were not even close to screen passes.

Cutler is the closest QB to young Favre in comparison/style of play who is playing in the NFL.

I didn't say anything about that.

And I agree, Cutler reminds me of a younger Favre, and it's why I like Cutler...he's exciting to watch. He's going to take risks, and I love QB's that do...I like Cutler...what I don't like is how everything others do is diminished but anything the Bears do is fantastic (if they won that week), if they lost, it's the exact opposite.

Meanwhile, if anyone on a broadcast says something negative about the Bears, it's because they're stupid retards and biased, etc...I hear it every week, and the last 50 posts in this thread highlight it.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Exactly the sort of "Da Bers" s*** I'm talking about. You want your team praised, but never praise anyone else, unless they aren't playing the Bears...then MAYBE, but even then, probably not. I bet if Cutler has a bad week next week, you'll be on here crying about how crappy he is, how him, Lovie and the rest of the coaching staff need to be fired, and the Bears need to rebuild. This is the sort of flip flop crap I see from Bears fans every week depending on if they win or lose.

So I repeat...

That screen was perfect, and it resulted in a TD. That is all.

Yes, because of PERCY HARVIN. And if you knew anything about the sport of football, you'd probably also attribute the score to the Bears' inability to tackle anyone on that entire first drive.

And what the hell am I flip flopping about? My post had NOTHING to do with Lovie, Cutler, or the Bears at all really. It was a freaking screen play. And if you don't like any of the Bears' fans opinions on a Chicago message board, then feel free to not post anymore. No one is forcing you to argue anything here.

Any realistic Bears fan knows a LOT of things about this team.

1.) Cutler is insanely talented and very athletic, but he's inconsistent and doesn't have great mechanics. FACT.

2.) Lovie Smith is a good head coach, but he struggles in a lot of aspects of the game. Some love him, some hate him. But like ANY coach in ANY sport, when you're winning, you can do no wrong. When you're losing, it's on them.

3.) The Bears are probably NOT legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Poor tackling, a horrible offensive line, and the inconsistency of Cutler will do that.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 06:55 PM)
Yes, because of PERCY HARVIN. And if you knew anything about the sport of football, you'd probably also attribute the score to the Bears' inability to tackle anyone on that entire first drive.

And what the hell am I flip flopping about? My post had NOTHING to do with Lovie, Cutler, or the Bears at all really.

I do know about football...but it's possible -- just possible -- that it was a COMBINATION of all the the things you mentioned, including the pass from Favre to Harvin. Including the bad tackling, including the out of place defenders, including the blocking, and including Harvin.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
I do know about football...but it's possible -- just possible -- that it was a COMBINATION of all the the things you mentioned, including the pass from Favre to Harvin. Including the bad tackling, including the out of place defenders, including the blocking, and including Harvin.

All I'm arguing is this: WHAT NFL quarterback CANNOT make that throw?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
All I'm arguing is this: WHAT NFL quarterback CANNOT make that throw?

You could've argued last year, the throw he made to the back of the end zone, maybe 5 QBs in the NFL can make, but yeah, the slant to Harvin was a pretty routine play that I hope even Todd Collins could make (but Collins can't, because he sucks terribly)

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
http://deadspin.com/5715741/this-may-or-ma...t+fetish-videos

Rex Ryan's wife may be making foot fetish videos.

Enjoy.

My wife is a knockout, she has tiny tits but 2 inch nipples, and she has a hairy blounde p****. She has perfect size 5 feet for you foot lovers and a great ass! I love womens feet and want to watch my wife take a big one in all 3 holes!

. . . oh my. This made even me blush. Rex Ryan is quite a raunch-merchant.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 21, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
Meanwhile, if anyone on a broadcast says something negative about the Bears, it's because they're stupid retards and biased, etc...I hear it every week, and the last 50 posts in this thread highlight it.

Welcome to a Chicago board. We all do the same for the Sox. And the Bears are 1000x more popular that the White Sox in a much more popular sport. You could probably hear some praise for Favre on the Vikings board.

Statistically, Favre has been one of the best QBs in NFL history. That said, he's played most of his career for teams that are the Bears' rivals. In other words, while he is respected statistically, his recent personal issues and continual waffling on retirement, combined with the rivalry hatred will naturally color people's opinion of him here.