Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
The Steelers were pushing the NFL for the suspension to be tougher.

The NFL couldn't really have done more. Had the suspension been longer than 4 game with good behavior, the NFLPA would have lost it's mind. As it is even now, I bet they aren't too pleased.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
The NFL couldn't really have done more. Had the suspension been longer than 4 game with good behavior, the NFLPA would have lost it's mind. As it is even now, I bet they aren't too pleased.

Sorry if I was unclear but the Steelers were pushing for as tough a suspension as they could levy.

Roth got lucky honestly. He should be looking at jail time, not a 6 game suspension. I'm not surprised the Steelers wanted a hard suspension for him. They don't like to put up with poop like that. With that said, Raiders are smart for taking a chance on him as they desperately need a good QB and they probably would screw up their draft pick anyway. Rams should not go after Roth though. I have the feeling that Bradford and McCoy will be better than he is. Heck, I think Jimmy Clausen, who I'm not a fan of, will be better than Roth.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
I just find it funny that Goddell said it was simply based on "allegations", which never led to Big Ben being charged with a crime or even arrested.

Its because this is the 2nd time its happened..

You cant go around acting like a douche and not expect to pay for it in some way..

So does anybody like the new draft format? It really pisses me off..

There is nothing better than waking up early on a Saturday and spending all day watching the draft, now I have to be at work tomorrow night and listen to bits and pieces of it on the radio, and then its only the first round!

I am going to have to sit through another full day to wait for the next good rounds, and then another full day to finish it..

I liked the old way much better..

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:36 AM)
So does anybody like the new draft format? It really pisses me off..

There is nothing better than waking up early on a Saturday and spending all day watching the draft, now I have to be at work tomorrow night and listen to bits and pieces of it on the radio, and then its only the first round!

I am going to have to sit through another full day to wait for the next good rounds, and then another full day to finish it..

I liked the old way much better..

Your not the only one Carl.. Seems like the NFL wants to be the main prime time station (competing with the NBA/NHL playoffs, MLB games, etc.) I'll be flipping back and forth personally, though the Bears won't be picking on this day (luckally I guess) I like to see what other teams do with their picks.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)
Your not the only one Carl.. Seems like the NFL wants to be the main prime time station (competing with the NBA/NHL playoffs, MLB games, etc.) I'll be flipping back and forth personally, though the Bears won't be picking on this day (luckally I guess) I like to see what other teams do with their picks.

Im with you all, it should be the first 3 rounds on day 1 and the last 4 rounds on day 2.

I usually give the NFL the benefit of the doubt but not on this first round weeknight draft thing. The weekend of the draft was almost like a holiday weekend. It was fun tuning in to an entire day of picks. Now just as we get into it, it'll be over. I hope this thing fails big time so we can go back to the old ways.

But I am excited about tonight. I really hope Gerald McCoy is a Buccaneer tonight.

I still wish they would decrease the amount of time teams have to pick, teams still drag their picks out. You've had months to prepare and work out trades, you should know who you want when your pick comes up.

But I agree, I'm not a fan of this new format, I also liked waking up and watching the draft all day on Saturday morning.

I also wish that they held the draft in a new location each year, tired of it being in New York every damn year.

Just hoping Green Bay does not take Charles Brown, haven't read any good reviews and sounds like a bust.

I dont like the new format, especially because Thursday is a prime night for television.

It would have made a lot more sense to have it on Friday night, with the second day on Saturday. That way people could go out watch the draft, etc.

Thursday night booo

I have a feeeling the Cowboys are going to trade up to about 14 to 17 and try to nab Earl Thomas the FS if he's still on the board.

That's unless a guy like Anthony Davis somehow slips to 27.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
One of the streak for the cash picks today was about Tebow

Where do you think Tebow will be drafted

29th pick or earlier

30th pick or later

I took 30th pick or later

Itll definitely be the 30th pick or later, I just cant see him going in the first

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
One of the streak for the cash picks today was about Tebow

Where do you think Tebow will be drafted

29th pick or earlier

30th pick or later

I took 30th pick or later

I would go with 29th or earlier... not because I think that's where he SHOULD be drafted, but i think that's where he'll go. IMO, it won't work with him in the NFL, I know he's tried to change his delivery, but I can easily see him regressing back once under game situations. Also, the intangibles are what they are, many players in the NFL try as hard as they can both mentally and physically. Also, the "rah rah" crap won't cut it in the NFL, he will be dealing with highly paid professionals, not college kids, the combine story where he was told to "shut the F*** up" when asking for prayer before the wonderlick test IMO will be the common attitude towards him in the NFL

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Latest rumor is Ben and #18 pick to KC for Cassell, #5 pick, and 2nd rounder next year.

Steelers apparently really trying to get up to #2 and get Suh.

That would be a stupid trade for KC and I'm not a huge fan of Cassell. I'm a lesser fan of Ben though.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
Good for Bradford.

Guy gets hurt and probably at the time it appeared he royally f***ed his draft position but it works out for him in the end. Seems like a good kid.

The first three guys seem to be fantastic people.