Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
With the combination of Troy/Alex Smith as his QB??? Over/under might be at 1.5.

Well you would think they'll be drafting a qb this year or maybe they'll just throw every game this upcoming season so they can draft Luck number 1 overall next year :P

Assuming the 2011 NFL Draft abides by the current rules.....Luck is f'ing idiot who most likely just cost himself upwards of 20+ million dollars since there will almost certainly be rookie salary restrictions in the new CBA.

I'll never understand why a guy who is a consensus #1 pick (or top 5-10 for that matter) would choose to "finish school" for 1 meaningless year. Take your 50 million dollar contract and finish school in the off season instead of risking your draft stock dropping or blowing your knee out in your senior season.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 05:43 PM)
Assuming the 2011 NFL Draft abides by the current rules.....Luck is f'ing idiot who most likely just cost himself upwards of 20+ million dollars since there will almost certainly be rookie salary restrictions in the new CBA.

Not the case. No one drafted in this year's draft can sign a contract until a new CBA is agreed upon.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)

I'll never understand why a guy who is a consensus #1 pick (or top 5-10 for that matter) would choose to "finish school" for 1 meaningless year. Take your 50 million dollar contract and finish school in the off season instead of risking your draft stock dropping or blowing your knee out in your senior season.

It's not really for anyone but Luck and his family to understand. His dad is AD at WV, the family doesn't need the money... I know they likely don't have millions and millions but maybe he values an education and his college experience more than money. I will never begrudge a player for going for all the money they can get or the other end of giving a hometown discount or staying in school.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
Not the case. No one drafted in this year's draft can sign a contract until a new CBA is agreed upon.

Ah, well that crosses that off I guess. I still wouldn't risk a career ending injury playing 1 extra year in college, maybe for a really low draft pick I can see playing another year to increase your value....but for a guaranteed #1 pick it's makes absolutely no sense.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
5/25 million which isn't that bad considering the silly $8 million/year numbers being thrown around.

I guess it's safe to say that the $8M per year number was bogus.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
SF makes sense, that division is a suck-fest, even with the Rams glimmering some hope, and SF actually has some talent on that roster. They invested two high picks in O linemen last year.

They are primed for a bounceback after the destruction that Singletary did there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
People have been saying that about S.F. for seemingly 5 years.

Eh, mainly the last 2 years. They were a consensus favorite in the west this year and things just fell apart. They badly need a QB.

Ed Reed's brother is apparently missing.

Family members say they believe a brother of Baltimore Ravens safety Ed Reed is the man who jumped into the Mississippi River as he ran from police.

Karen Reed says investigators found 28-year-old Brian Reed's shoes and jacket. She is the mother of Ed and Brian Reed.

Karen Reed also says the car the man ran from belonged to another brother.

Sgt. Dwayne LaGrange of the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office said authorities were unable to identify the man who jumped in the river. He says the man had jumped into the river around 10 a.m. Friday when a deputy told him to put his hands behind his back.

LaGrange says the deputy had spotted the man with a parked car that matched the description of a stolen vehicle.

Authorities have called off the search for the missing man.

I'm thinking:

Seattle +10

Indianapolis -2.5

Kansas City +3.5

Philly -2.5

Changed my mind on the Philly game...I have been thinking Green Bay will win this potential matchup for a few weeks now but I'm going to go with Philly and the home advantage now after seeing the Bears slow down Rodgers and crew last week.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Two things on third down play. Why didn't Brees just run for the first down? And two, Reggie Bush continues to suck -- and I couldn't be happier.

Because Brees wasn't going to get the TD. If Bush didn't drop that ball, he turns upfield and likely scores.