Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Why is running into the kicker even a penalty?

It's because of the motion that the punter has to do. He's basically sticking his leg out forwards and jumping. If you hit the guy while he's in that motion, it's 50/50 whether he can retain his footing. If he comes down wrongly, he's so unprotected that it's 50/50 that he'll wind up hurt, possibly seriously.

Stick your foot straight forwards then try jumping up and down. Then imagine someone shoving your shoulder slightly when you do it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
Yay I got 1 right today!

These were the two games I wavered on this weekend, but I ended up sticking with Saints & Colts. Didn't think the Seahawks could score more than 30 or that Sanchez would score more than Manning. Oops.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
Not a bad couple of games to get this playoff party started.

Definitely. Knowing that, I bet the games tommorrow end up as blowouts, especially the Eagles/Packers that has been hyped as Game of the Century.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)

This is a different Bears team now. The o-line isn't complete garbage, they have a more balanced attack and run the ball much more effectively, and Jay Cutler isn't coming off of a game where he got brutally gang raped by defensive linemen.

I don't think there's any sane Bears fan out there who would rather play the Eagles next Sunday.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jan 8, 2011 -> 11:24 PM)
This is a different Bears team now. The o-line isn't complete garbage, they have a more balanced attack and run the ball much more effectively, and Jay Cutler isn't coming off of a game where he got brutally gang raped by defensive linemen.

I don't think there's any sane Bears fan out there who would rather play the Eagles next Sunday.

Still no pressure on Seattle to win, that's dangerous for any team that faces them. Hasselbeck always plays his best in the playoffs.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
Still no pressure on Seattle to win, that's dangerous for any team that faces them. Hasselbeck always plays his best in the playoffs.

That video is awesome from that angle...it's almost like an illusion.

I'm happy for you and your SeaChickens! :notworthy