Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 02:15 AM)
NFL needs to protect one its most important assets. . . kickers.

I know you are being sarcastic, but kickers are extremely exposed when they are doing their thing. One wrong roll on a planted leg and we are looking at a pretty ugly injury

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 08:32 AM)
I know you are being sarcastic, but kickers are extremely exposed when they are doing their thing. One wrong roll on a planted leg and we are looking at a pretty ugly injury

Ontop of that it seems refs dont call a penalty as often when the punter does a clear flop in trying to get a penalty, I have no problem with the rule as long as refs use their judgement and dont call it on act jobs by the punter.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
LMFAO, someone is a little overconfident after a win. Oh yeah, you're still 8-9 and won't be hosting anymore opponents. Good luck with that.

lol it's not impossible that they'll host another game, but certainly improbable.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
Entire Chiefs secondary is getting abused. Eric Berry might be the worst blitzing safety I have ever seen. Wow.

It's been their linebackers mostly as they're playing deep coverage with their secondary. It's all been over the middle of the field with Heap and Rice.

Hoping KC can make a few adjustments and pull this out in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
It's been their linebackers mostly as they're playing deep coverage with their secondary. It's all been over the middle of the field with Heap and Rice.

Hoping KC can make a few adjustments and pull this out in the 2nd half.

lol I'm hoping my favorite team can get a playoff win for the first time in 17 years! Joe Montana, Marcus Allen, and that defense were a long time ago.

This KC team was never as good as their record. They had an easy schedule. Out of the 6 AFC teams they didn't play, 4 of them made the playoffs (Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Ravens) and the other (Colts) beat them. I had them going 8-8 this year, instead they went 10-6.

2-4 AFC West (Actual: 2-4)

1-3 AFC South (Actual: 2-2)

2-0 Bills/Browns (Actual: 2-0)

3-1 NFC West (Actual: 4-0)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
ON another topic, Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha has used an opt-out clause in his contract to become a free agent, and the team will not be able to use the franchise tag on him because of how the clause was structured. Should there ever be a free agency period, he will be one of the top names.

Ok Bears. Take note of this, please.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 9, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Ok Bears. Take note of this, please.

At least to me, that would be a luxury signing...but the Bears might legitimately have room to do it, esp. if they get good revenue out of ticket sales in the playoffs.

Would certainly make the Bears better, but that's one of those positions where we've seen some stupid contracts given out.